#1 Raul

Raul

Thunder Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:44 PM

Wikipedia

Utada Hikaru (宇多田ヒカル, Utada Hikaru born January 19, 1983), also known by her fan-nickname of Hikki (ヒッキー, Hikkī), is a Japanese American pop singer-songwriter, arranger and record producer. Her proper Japanese-language debut album, First Love, released in March 1999 when she had just turned 16, charted at #1 for an astonishing six non-consecutive weeks on the Oricon Albums chart, and went on to become the best-selling album of all time in Japan with over 7.65 million copies sold to date in Japan alone (10.056 million worldwide to date), cementing her status in the music industry in Japan. The release of her later works only help her reign as one of Japan's top artist, with three of her Japanese studio albums being rank in the Top 10 all-time best-selling albums in Japan ranking (#1, #4, #8), making her one of the most indefinitely successful and popular singers in J-pop history. She has had 12 #1 hits to date on the Oricon Singles chart, with a record five of them being million-sellers and four placing in the Top 100 List of Japan's All-Time Best-selling Singles (the former record for a female solo or group artist she has tied with Namie Amuro, Ayumi Hamasaki, and Pink Lady). In addition, Hikaru has won the Nihon Golden Disk "Song of the Year" award for fourteen of her singles since 2000 and has won the Golden Disc "Pop/Rock Album of the Year" award for all four of her Japanese studio albums. In 2003 Utada Hikaru was ranked the #24 Japanese pop artist in its survey of "Top 100 Japanese Pop Artists of All Time" by HMV, and #10 in HMV's "Top 30 Best Japanese Singers of All Time" in 2006.

In 2007, her single "Flavor of Life" reached #2 in worldwide digital download single sales with over 7.2 million downloads (the only non-American artist to hold such a distinction), and she sold a total of 12 million digital ringtones and songs in that same year, making her the first artist ever to have this many digital sales in a year's time. In addition to being a singer, Hikaru is also known for doing almost all of her music, lyrics, and arrangement herself.

Her albums...

First Love
Posted Image

Distance
Posted Image

Deep River
Posted Image

Ultra Blue
Posted Image

Heart Station
Posted Image

My very very favorite of all, Utada Hikaru... Let's discuss everything Hikki-related here :lol:

#2 --e n k y o r i*

--e n k y o r i*

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:02 AM

Her albums : Distance
HOMG UPGRADDE TO PRO :lol:
(The link needs to be fixed :0)

Well, whats there to say except that she's exceptionally talented
and I'm going to have her babies? ...somehow.

I love the way her image has progressed over the years.

& Does anyone know if theres an estimated date when her english album will be completed?

Edited by --e n k y o r i*, 17 August 2008 - 01:02 AM.

#3 CADENZA

CADENZA

The Fire Rose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:25 AM

I absolutely LOVE Utada Hikaru!
She's my favourite Japanese singer actually :lol:

& Does anyone know if theres an estimated date when her english album will be completed?

My guess is probably early 2009.

#4 Raul

Raul

Thunder Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:28 AM

I absolutely LOVE Utada Hikaru!
She's my favourite Japanese singer actually :ph34r:

My guess is probably early 2009.

same here :lol: the best i should say

2009??? oh :lol:

i bet that's December :ph34r:

i wish that December so that she can perfom at MS Super Live :ph34r:

#5 CADENZA

CADENZA

The Fire Rose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:41 AM

I'm gonna miss her singing in Japanese while she's promoting the English album though :lol:

#6 --e n k y o r i*

--e n k y o r i*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:53 AM

^ Oh, thats too far away for me XD -is impatient-
I'm hoping so much for a success,
even if it means wapanese/weeaboo 12 year olds
will run rampant and desecrate her music XD like,
"HO man, her music is so KUH-WHY-YEEEE!!!" ;_;
Because the more people that listen to Hikki music, the better : D

If theres any artist that deserves fame overseas, its her.

Edited by --e n k y o r i*, 17 August 2008 - 01:54 AM.

#7 CADENZA

CADENZA

The Fire Rose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:59 AM

If theres any artist that deserves fame overseas, its her.

Definitely. Well, I'm sure a lot of people in Singapore know the song "First Love", but few actually know the singer!

Hey, did anyone notice that judging from her recent blog photos, she seems to have lost quite a bit of weight?

#8 --e n k y o r i*

--e n k y o r i*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:05 AM

Definitely. Well, I'm sure a lot of people in Singapore know the song "First Love", but few actually know the singer!

Hey, did anyone notice that judging from her recent blog photos, she seems to have lost quite a bit of weight?

Yeah! She looks really good : )
Though, she can pull off weight well, too.
She gets really cute dimples (You can notice in Keep Trying & Be My Last)
Coincidentally, I read her last 7 blogs tonight : O
(I keep forgetting to check, and then end up reading tons in a row)

I didnt know it was popular in singapore : O
I think she's the most well known J-pop artist in the US, though.
I've found a lot of people who dont even listen to asian music who've heard of her or know a song or two
(Usually First Love or Simple & Clean due to Kingdom Hearts)

I wish she would write some blogs in english,
I dont like the way that guy translates ;__;

#9 Raul

Raul

Thunder Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:07 AM

^ LOL hahaha, his translation is fine for me:P

hmm... judging here in the Philippines, Hikki is known because of First Love too.... i'll say EVERY gal know it! :lol:

i hope Hikki doens't have DIRTY lyrics this time.... Been listenin' to Exodus and find the lyrics kinda :lol:

#10 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:46 AM

Ya know unlike most people i loved the Exodus album and alot of my friends did also just not the song Easy Breezy the rest were kickass and different. Im hopin Utada sticks with the style for the second album.

#11 sakyh

sakyh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:24 AM

I love Hikki! She's my favorite artist. I look forward to her next English album, whenever it comes out. I liked Exodus.
I don't really know of any others who like her.
I like reading her blog entries--they can be so funny!

#12 CADENZA

CADENZA

The Fire Rose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:40 PM

I am looking forward to her new English album.
Exodus was pretty interesting, with "Devil Inside" and all.
It seems like she'll be having her short hairstyle for the album though.
Heck, it even looks like her figure from the Distance days are back (judging from recent photos, that is).

I wonder if she'll continue her ethereal pop sound or back to her R&B basics for the English album.

#13 Chibi_Mayu

Chibi_Mayu

Mahou Shoujo sparkles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:54 PM

^ LOL hahaha, his translation is fine for me:P

hmm... judging here in the Philippines, Hikki is known because of First Love too.... i'll say EVERY gal know it! ;)

i hope Hikki doens't have DIRTY lyrics this time.... Been listenin' to Exodus and find the lyrics kinda :D

Mine too :P)
First Love is probably the one song that lets most people know who Utada Hikaru is. :P It's one of the most emotional love songs ever, even if it's written in a foreign language. D8

I don't really think most songs in Exodus had dirty lyrics in them. :| Maybe just Tippy Toe and Let Me Give You My Love (HAHAHAHA LOLZ CAN YOU AND I START MIXING GENE POOLS D8) but other than that, the lyrics ranged from okay to ZOMGSLKJDFLKSJIJ!!!

ENGLISH ALBUUUUMMM!!! ;O;

#14 Raul

Raul

Thunder Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:02 PM

Ya know unlike most people i loved the Exodus album and alot of my friends did also just not the song Easy Breezy the rest were kickass and different. Im hopin Utada sticks with the style for the second album.

yep, judging from the music, it's unique and awesome... however, the lyrics of the songs are way too dirty for me... sorry i'm a conservative :P ;)

Mine too :P)
First Love is probably the one song that lets most people know who Utada Hikaru is. :P It's one of the most emotional love songs ever, even if it's written in a foreign language. D8

I don't really think most songs in Exodus had dirty lyrics in them. :| Maybe just Tippy Toe and Let Me Give You My Love (HAHAHAHA LOLZ CAN YOU AND I START MIXING GENE POOLS D8) but other than that, the lyrics ranged from okay to ZOMGSLKJDFLKSJIJ!!!

ENGLISH ALBUUUUMMM!!! ;O;

First Love is :D

hmmmm... yeah, as well as THE WORKOUT

i wish her English album contains lyrics with the like of her japanese writing.... poetic and deep

#15 Chibi_Mayu

Chibi_Mayu

Mahou Shoujo sparkles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:10 PM

i wish her English album contains lyrics with the like of her japanese writing.... poetic and deep

But her English stuff is poetic and deep too. D:
Kremlin Dusk, anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users