#61 CADENZA

CADENZA

The Fire Rose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:27 PM

Some good news from U.Blog:

According to a new press release put out by Vivendi and the Universal Music Group regarding their 2nd quarter profits, Utada’s upcoming English album will be dropping sometime within the next 6 months (2nd half of the fiscal year; October 1st - March 31st).

“UMG plans a strong release schedule for the second half of 2008 with new albums from Black Eyed Peas, Pussycat Dolls, Paulina Rubio, Akon, The Killers, Bon Jovi, Keane, Fall Out Boy, Ne-Yo, Tokio Hotel, Hikaru Utada, Mylène Farmer and Florent Pagny.”

That's great news! This album is gonna be much better than Exodus, I just know it.

Thanks for the upate!

#62 kaminokami2086

kaminokami2086

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:36 PM

I'm guessing opposite since I'm sure UMG will focus more on well every artist named before her on that list.

#63 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:15 PM

Some good news from U.Blog:

According to a new press release put out by Vivendi and the Universal Music Group regarding their 2nd quarter profits, Utada’s upcoming English album will be dropping sometime within the next 6 months (2nd half of the fiscal year; October 1st - March 31st).

“UMG plans a strong release schedule for the second half of 2008 with new albums from Black Eyed Peas, Pussycat Dolls, Paulina Rubio, Akon, The Killers, Bon Jovi, Keane, Fall Out Boy, Ne-Yo, Tokio Hotel, Hikaru Utada, Mylène Farmer and Florent Pagny.”

About friken time lmao thanks for the update ^_^

#64 Raul

Raul

Thunder Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:19 PM

^ woot! that's a great news =/

Utada Hikaru ^_^

and Bon Jovi too! yay!!!!! ;)

#65 c_e31

c_e31

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:01 AM

Ahhh... Finally, a timeframe to anticipate it! =D

#66 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:22 AM

Anyone see how lucky we are we're gettin an english album not only from Utada, but BoA and Se7en also this year is gonna rock!

#67 Yabisi

Yabisi

Robot BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:50 AM

^..or blow lol.

I'm tired of hearing about people making English albums and trying to debut in America. I can understand Hikki because she was born here, she's an nyer at heart, but I've just stopped caring lol. I appreciate and like American music for what it's worth to me...if they make it fine, but regardless of race American music will always be American music. Everyone is so hyped up about these things just because they're Asian...does that mean the whole face of the American music industry will be changed??? No. I don't get what the big deal is. People here claim to dislike American music, yet say they wouldn't hesitate to listen to Se7en's English album....made in America...which would make it American music.

Anyway I'm interested to see what kind of genre Hikki's going to use in her album. I'm guessing pop, but Hikki is her own genre after all lol. I hope she's worked on that shakey vibratto too.

#68 Chibi_Mayu

Chibi_Mayu

Mahou Shoujo sparkles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:26 AM

OH. MY. GOD.

:D

I can't waiiiittt *O*

#69 --e n k y o r i*

--e n k y o r i*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:16 PM

^..or blow lol.

I'm tired of hearing about people making English albums and trying to debut in America. I can understand Hikki because she was born here, she's an nyer at heart, but I've just stopped caring lol. I appreciate and like American music for what it's worth to me...if they make it fine, but regardless of race American music will always be American music. Everyone is so hyped up about these things just because they're Asian...does that mean the whole face of the American music industry will be changed??? No. I don't get what the big deal is. People here claim to dislike American music, yet say they wouldn't hesitate to listen to Se7en's English album....made in America...which would make it American music.

Anyway I'm interested to see what kind of genre Hikki's going to use in her album. I'm guessing pop, but Hikki is her own genre after all lol. I hope she's worked on that shakey vibratto too.

Ah, exactly :)
Thats why I'm as far from stoked as I possibly could be about BoA's debut.
I honestly don't think BoA has anything that america hasn't already seen
Or doesn't already have a better version of. Hikki, being pretty much her own genre,
definetely has the potential to up the ante. Even Exodus, as choppy as it was,
Was very different & managed to blend several different styles to create a great new sound.

& I hate that hypocrisy too. If you hate american music, you hate it.
I know so many people who listent to asian music, but the minute I mention
"Justin Timberlake" or "Mariah Carey" they go on about how overprocessed it sounds,
How "American" it is, and how they're just unoriginal generic pop crap.
But... I can't see how Se7en, Rain, or BoA's music are any less generic
(considering the fact that their musical inspiration is quite obviously america)

Here's hoping they actually pay attention to Utada & promote her better this time : O

#70 sakyh

sakyh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:43 PM

Hooray!

It's nice to know that it is really going to happen now, and that there's a time frame too. ^__^

#71 Raul

Raul

Thunder Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:44 PM

i visited Utada.com for some Hikki news... :D i found

the interesting part is the pic :)
Posted Image

#72 Rhythum_of_my_heart

Rhythum_of_my_heart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:59 PM

^ That's for her EXODUS release (I don't know if you realized that), so it's not new. I'm soooo excited for a new English Utada album!! I hope it comes out soon like it's supposed to!!

Edited by Rhythum_of_my_heart, 10 September 2008 - 07:00 PM.

#73 Raul

Raul

Thunder Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:50 PM

^ i know that of course :D

because i can't find any news pertaining to the new english album, i just grabbed that pic and showed to you guys *blush*

#74 Yabisi

Yabisi

Robot BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:58 PM

I truly truly hope she does well. Her English is fantastic, great singing, great lyrics, her mvs can be beautiful when she puts effort into them, she can be sexy cute hardcore and pull it off gracefully...all she needs is proper promotion and she's good. She said she's finally comfortable with herself and what she does...it's a sign that something big will happen; finally getting recognized in America as the awesome artist she is. I have every single album that came out, and this one will just be added to the collection. Can't think of a reason why she can't do it.

#75 --e n k y o r i*

--e n k y o r i*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:07 PM

Especially after reading her interview, knowing that she's not going to completely overwork herself,
& most likely see where she went wrong with the lyrics last time, is comforting. She's definetely beautiful,
knows America as well as any other indiginous american person, & has great composition skills.
As long as she has a better gameplan this time, it should all work out well. Hopefully, anyway. You never know what can happen.

Though I do wish Kazuaki was still working with her in the MV department.
They were a perfect duo in that aspect.

Then again, his MV's are very japanese in style, & thats what we're trying to escape.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users