1749 replies to this topic

#1111 SolsticeXII

SolsticeXII

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:37 PM

bbwwaaa I bought the Japanese version of this is the one cause I liked the remixes and because I didn't want to wait so long to get the album. And now the US version has Simple and Clean on it :D
It kind of makes me want to buy the US version too..Hikari is my fav. Utada song so I really want the english version on cd. But I already have the album and I don't really care too much for Sanctuary...
dilemma, dilemma ....

just buy it! lol The more purchases she gets in countries out of Japan, the better. They could convince her to release Japanaese stuff out of Japan -_-

#1112 Raul

Raul

Thunder Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:56 PM

Yeah i know this really isn't anything about Utada , but as i was watching the new Star Trek movie i heard one of the characters names that caught my attention , Hikaru Sulu played by James Cho.... and it made me laugh kinda loud :D in the middle of the theater( my friends looked at me funny ) so when Hikaru had his fight scene towards the end of the movie i shouted " Kick His @$$ :D Hikaru " , Yeah i know its pretty dumb but i thought it was NEAT he had the name as Utada ( IM WEIRD LOL :D )

and i believe the song merry christmas mister lawrence / FYI refers to Star Trek ;) (Captain Picard) XD

I love Utada but like a lot of people have been saying, her lyrics never really make sense. Even some of the Japanese songs. I mean...

"Falling on top of the cold grass, I want to hide my burning body. Midwinter constellations are my lovers because I was always waiting" From 'Take 5'

And in 'Kairo' "A single ship makes black waves. I want to see lots of scenery. It's just other people who choose to see it in a framed picture. A game of hide and seek, I'll keep playing forever"

In 'Prisoner of Love', well, I have a question. When she says: "I'm gonna tell you the truth, hitoshirezu tsurai michi wo erabu." did anyone else notice that she emphasizes 'Rai' in 'tsurai' so it's like "I'm gonna tell you the truth, hitoshirezu tsuLIE michi wo erabu."
Or am I just imagining things? -_-

Hikaru's lyrics are "deep" there could be more meaning to that ;) like idiomatic expressions IMO.

#1113 --e n k y o r i*

--e n k y o r i*

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:57 PM

the "TsuLIE" is just because japanese R's are somewhat of an L with a flick. Some people pronounce it more heavily like an L (BoA usually) and some lean more towards the rolling R sound. Depends I suppose.

#1114 Joshorty

Joshorty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:22 AM

O man it's really upsetting Utada can't do her instore appearances due to her illness :D ! I feel so bad for her! Health comes first but gahh for an album release?! O well.

Can anyone confirm if the physical album comes in the same order as the Japanese tracklisting or the same as the ones on iTunes? I've been looking between sites and some are labelling it as the Japanese tracklisting and some as US.

#1115 Xeno

Xeno

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:10 AM

I went by Best Buy yesterday and they had it. It was laid out with the rest of the Artists who are releasing their album this week. I got the last copy. No idea how many copies there were to begin with. My copy had 3 bonus tracks - Simple & Clean,Sanctuary(Opening) and Sanctuary(Ending).

#1116 Yabisi

Yabisi

Robot BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:56 AM

I got mine at Walmart for 10$. The prices are different at certain stores, like I think at FYE it's for 8$ or something. Walmart was closer for me though lol. I never heard the Sanctuary ending so I was surprised by that. I like it though. Annd of course I still like every song in there except for Poppin'.

It sucks that she's sick, she must have major tonsil problems like I do D:

#1117 --e n k y o r i*

--e n k y o r i*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:03 AM

Awww, I feel bad for her. & the fans, but not as much.
Not being able to promote your own CD release must feel intensely shitty.
Or maybe she's having fun chilling out for once after this mad promotion haha.

I'm glad she's looking at the contest entries 8D
Lmao "And some that suck" haha only Hikki could get away with saying that XD
At least shes honest ~

#1118 Junichiro

Junichiro

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:14 AM

Yeah, for the つらい (turai) on "Prisoner of Love", it was probably done to enunciate the emphasis on the sung note. If you've ever been in choir, chances are likely that your instructor paddled everyone to death about the importance of "strong consonants" to lead into a full vowel sound (to maximize the "singing" effect on the sound).

I've heard Utada speak in interviews, and she doesn't speak like that. Neither does BoA, I don't think.

It's quite common for artists (not only Japanese) to enunciate and emphasize consonants and swerve vowels into "pure vowels" when they sing. I.E. when you sing in English, classically trained instructors will always tell you to sing as if you have a Dracula accent XD (because that leads to less diphthongs and more "pure vowels"). Also, there are drills that a lot of singers do before performing where they go through a list of consonants and make very harsh renditions, to get their "kicked up consonant" sound going.

But in spoken Japanese, the ら is much more like a "rah" than a "lah". It's only in singing that I've heard it (and very often) enunciated more towards a "lah".

["lah" will get you into a "pure vowel" much more quickly than "rah"].

Edited by Junichiro, 13 May 2009 - 10:15 AM.

#1119 Flash Over

Flash Over

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:40 AM

Could somebody upload the KH bonus tracks for me? HMV doesn't get the album till next week :D

#1120 --e n k y o r i*

--e n k y o r i*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:39 PM

^ Go to the downloads request section & ask :0 You're likely to get it there and fast

"But in spoken Japanese, the ら is much more like a "rah" than a "lah". It's only in singing that I've heard it (and very often) enunciated more towards a "lah". "

Yeah, you'll rarely ever hear someone pronounce it like that,
Mostly because well, its improper but also because if you're talking fast (in japanese) you're less likely to make it an L sound. However its really hard to drag out the japanese "R" for long notes since its only a quick flick to make the proper sound.

On another note I get the feeling that though I get what I'm saying,
Reading over what I just wrote, I think might be summarizing your post by accident XDDD

Edited by --e n k y o r i*, 13 May 2009 - 01:39 PM.

#1121 Junichiro

Junichiro

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:38 PM

^ Go to the downloads request section & ask :0 You're likely to get it there and fast

"But in spoken Japanese, the ら is much more like a "rah" than a "lah". It's only in singing that I've heard it (and very often) enunciated more towards a "lah". "

Yeah, you'll rarely ever hear someone pronounce it like that,
Mostly because well, its improper but also because if you're talking fast (in japanese) you're less likely to make it an L sound. However its really hard to drag out the japanese "R" for long notes since its only a quick flick to make the proper sound.

On another note I get the feeling that though I get what I'm saying,
Reading over what I just wrote, I think might be summarizing your post by accident XDDD

Haha, don't worry, it's an excellent point~
Glad we're on the same page :D

#1122 Raul

Raul

Thunder Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:04 PM

Enk ;)

btw, did you guys got yourself a copy of This is the One?

T__T i went to different music stores today and FAILED to see even TITO's shadow :D

I saw First Love, Distance, and Single's Collection XD

#1123 freedom

freedom

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:27 PM

Utada Hikaru is one of best singer japan, like ayumi hamasaki.. but i more like her voice,it's unique :D

#1124 autumnleaves

autumnleaves

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:34 PM

Enk :D

btw, did you guys got yourself a copy of This is the One?

T__T i went to different music stores today and FAILED to see even TITO's shadow :P

I saw First Love, Distance, and Single's Collection XD

I did! I hope this charts moderately well on Billboard. There should have been more copies sent out...

#1125 Raito7

Raito7

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:27 AM

Utada to perform Evangelion 2.0 Theme Song

Japan’s MyCom Journal has confirmed that Utada will once again helm the theme song to the upcoming Evangelion film “Evangelion 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance,” set for release in Japan on June 27th, 2009. The as yet untitled track will be a follow up to Utada’s 2007 Japanese hit “Beautiful World,” which was the theme song to “Evangelion 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone.” No release date or other details for the single/song have been announced.

Source: U.Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users