108 replies to this topic

#16 Xiah's Smile

Xiah's Smile

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

Ayu is simply Ayu. She has always been there and I'd hate it if she were gone. She simply does her thing and I like how she doesn't change for other people. She is unique in her own way and everything she does is a surprise. Her latest album (GUILTY) is simply legendary. :sly:

I don't see her a a popular snob or anything like that. You can't go by outer looks along until you taste her music. when i was introduced to her, I was skeptical of her appearence and assumed she was just another poppish american-wanna-be j-pop artist, until i heard her songs. She is awesome! I truly respect her.

#17 -nothing-

-nothing-

Blink Blank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:06 AM

for me she have unique voice although I only like with dearest :sly:. She have a beautiful face and unique style for her all album. AMAZING

#18 pandaaa7

pandaaa7

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:19 AM

Read her lyrics. Absolutely beautiful.
But, if someone thinks an artist sucks, then in some sense, they do.
Same goes for if someoen thinks they're amazing. They believe it, right?
You know, the old phrase... beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
So is suckage, haha.

lol I laughed at the last part.
Anyway, well I don't really like her voice and all but I like the lyrics to some of her songs.
I also like her Happy Songs like Glitter and Blue Bird

#19 AyuLuv90

AyuLuv90

日本 ♥ 한국 ♥ Việt Nam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:52 AM

she's been my favorite singer since 2003 and it'll not change that fast <3

#20 Imperialist

Imperialist

Hitokiri Battousai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:46 PM

Even though her songs doesn't appeal much to me. I can still identify some of her songs.
I think that's where you can say she is successful.

#21 boafan_1

boafan_1

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 06:55 PM

Ayumi's unique. Vocally, there are a lot of people who are better than her, she doesn't really have this amazing and well trained voice, she's no Hikki or people like that. But what attracts me to her is something about the way she sings. There's a real intimate feeling to her songs, like they're meant for you to listen to them. It's like she's singing to you, and there's a level of emotion I can pick up in her voice in studio recordings that I just can't find in other artist's. Also, as mentioned before, her lyrics are very unique, especially in the early days of her career, and they really are easy to relate too. Those things, in her fan's minds, set her above other artists. And a lot of people pick up on it I guess, so she's megas popular. She wouldn't be a trend-setter if her music wasn't liked, so I don't really think her trendy image is responsible for her becoming famous :thumbsup:...

I agree. I don't exactly like her voice but I have to agree she's just BIG. Her voice is like the face of typical J-pop. When I first heard Glitter, I was like - that voice, I've heard it somewhere.... Her lyrics are pretty unique (not the best though, but very good) and her earlier music was better in my opinion. Trend-setting comes after being big.

#22 Elusion

Elusion

Nubberstatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:22 AM

Ah, Yes. Same for me. Her type of songs are not my style.
But then if u look at the Jap music industry, most of them have the same type of vocals as Ayumi.
The reason why they are different from Ayumi is because Ayumi dares to do what they dont, experimenting new song genres etc.
Not really sure about this, but from what I have seen, she keeps forgetting her lyrics during performances.
The fans love her for that..and definitely she has some nice tracks worth listening to.
This question..has been onmy mind for some time too, which was the reason why i decided to find out abit more on Ayumi and her music..but seriously..I cant listen to her songs for long.

#23 JunHo

JunHo

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:43 AM

for some1 who i've adored since i was 9 (now 18)... she's really got something... xD
i normally judge a song 1st by its music composing and the singer's voice... so...sometimes i like a song even though i dun understand what's singing at 1st... then i will search for the translated lyrics...
for Ayu's music... in both way(music,voice and lyrics)... 80% of her songs gave me goosebump...
not to mention her cute appearance (though some were PS-ed)
her ability to "explode" "BOOM" in live performance nvr fails to make her fans high..(even if watching via screen)
oh yeah!! and her songs varies in the sense of music composing... not like some other artists (which kept the same style of composing in their every song resulting the listener to felt that they're listening to the same song)
yeah... i guess thats what makes her popular??

Edited by JunHo, 02 September 2008 - 12:55 AM.

#24 EllaChan

EllaChan

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:13 AM

I've had a love/hate relationship with her for a while. At first I couldn't stand her voice, but then one day (I still don't know why) I listened to (miss)understood and really fell in love with it. To this day I still think its one of the best albums I've ever heard! Because of that I started listening to her more, but really I only like a couple of songs off each album she's done, with My Story being my second favourite.

It does amaze me that she is so popular. She's the ideal Japanese woman, so she's popular with men who want her and girls who want to be like that. She's an absolute idol and I think no matter what she releases (which is evident these days) its still going to be popular. Sadly she is getting older, and I really hope she doesn't pull a Madonna and start acting like she's still in her 20s. She can still work it while in her 30s.

#25 dragonballl_wukong

dragonballl_wukong

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:25 PM

her music is rather catchy in the 1st place... i listen to hers be4 boa... rather becoz of my cousins.. haha....
the tune oso sounds nice n all those.. so it makes pple feel it is worth to buy.. but the feeling is not long lasting.. as in aft a while.. sure get bored with it de...

#26 a_chan

a_chan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:24 AM

She constantly re-invents herself but has a lot of depth to her lyrics. Shes beautiful, fashion foward, intelligent and actually kind of adorable in a couple of vids ive seen.

Shes not my favourite artist but i think that another reason behind why shes so popular is because she started out with little and rose to stardom without being the best singer, dancer, actor etc. Shes a rags to riches story that made based solely on her writing skills. I think people aspire to be like her and because of her humble beginnings they think it is
possible to achieve their goals.

Imo thats why shes popular

#27 Ikasamah Imuya

Ikasamah Imuya

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:16 AM

Because ayuchan never cares whoever says what she's like. She is what she really wants. I think her not good background life makes her want to be more just a singer. Famous and popularity is not what she really needs, I guess. But she wants to be in everyone and every age's star. If you have ever watched her concert, you'll know that bot only teenagers come to watch her performances on the stage, but also the 30-40s age also came along with their babies.
That was my very impressive picture. I also respect and love her like other fans. And I was so sad to hear that her right ear's out of oder. No matter what she is or whatever anybody says, I always cheer her up to get well and come back so soon.

#28 Lexi

Lexi

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:38 PM

As some of you have said, Ayu is definitively a style icon of Japan. As well, her appearance lends itself to being very European, as she has maintained the "beautiful blonde" look for much of her career. Her large eyes and blond hair are very reminiscent and representative of the general Japanese obsession with western foreigners. Needless to say, Ayu certainly puts the Asian in Caucasian. ;)

As for her voice, I must say that she does have a unique voice. When she was younger, however, I could not listen to her voice for very long; it was way too high-pitched and whiny for my liking. Now that she has reached the peak of physical maturity, her voice has become lower and stronger, and I really like the sultry quality. Furthermore, she writes most, if not all, of her own songs (if she does write all of them, someone please correct me). That alone qualifies her as a better musician than most artists out there, even BoA. Ayu is pretty much the only Asian artist I know who writes her own music.

Edited by Lexi, 25 October 2008 - 12:39 PM.

#29 e n v i i

e n v i i

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:05 PM

Some of her songs I like, some I don't. I think she offers something for everyone. Maybe that's why she's so popular. C: Also she's been around a while and constantly reinvents herself. She's like an Asian Madonna, sans the sluttiness. lol

#30 autumnleaves

autumnleaves

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:42 PM

... Ayu is pretty much the only Asian artist I know who writes her own music.

You haven't heard of Utada Hikaru lol? The one who writes all her lyrics, composes, arranges, mixes and even produces [almost] all her material :lol: ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users