64 replies to this topic

#31 MF Yong

MF Yong

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:50 AM

I'm sure will buy BoA's album when it come out!

#32 Spark

Spark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:03 AM

Regardless of what other people say, we as BoA fans will support her all the way.

I guess the director of the American Version has her own reasons for filming it that way... and seriously, almost all songs are generic? So what? I like it.

#33 ha1212y

ha1212y

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:19 AM

Everybody has its own views. Personally I think BoA don't need to start over or making over the US MV. She just need to release another strong single for her US album and of course the better MV than US version of eat you up. I still wonder what used for the Korean version of eat you up??! Is she going to release Korean version of the Album or its just a bonus MV for her US Album?? Still dun get it ><

#34 druey

druey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:59 AM

You should see Popseoul lol

For whatever reason, Se7en fanboys/fangirls seem to think the only person who can succeed in the US is Se7en. It gets annoying after a while and honestly, BoA has a WAYYY better chance of becoming a hit then Se7en is. He's good, but his debut is taking too long and I don't think he's getting the right help from people. BoA has a really good team backing her up so all she needs is promotion and to FIX THAT GOD DAMN U.S VIDEO! k, I'm calm now :unsure:

I KNOW. agreed.

Rain and Se7en just took too much time and didn't approach the US market forcefully enough, didn't get enough help, weren't managed properly, etc. At LEAST BoA has her stuff together and ready, and boy oh boy, was that quick!

#35 boocmarc

boocmarc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:35 AM

I see a lot of people bashing the U.S version MV.
It's pretty pathetic when they've only seen the teaser, which part of "teaser" do they not understand?

Regardless of what other people say, we as BoA fans will support her all the way.

Edited by tejung, 11 September 2008 - 10:36 AM.

#36 sakyh

sakyh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:52 AM

Just ignore those negative comments. They'll always be around. I like BoA's new look a lot. I think it's a good move towards her career in the US. The only thing I am worried about is the fact that her voice sounds a bit too computerized. What do you think? Is it just me?

I noticed the computer voice too, and yeah, it worries me too, and I don't really like it. I know BoA can sing, and I want that to be seen, so I hope something in the future (like a ballad?) will show this.

And I didn't know there was Korean/American versions of the videos...

#37 korniceman3000

korniceman3000

Composer/Songwriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:37 AM

You can already tell from the quality of the Korean MV that LSM's aim is to make this album her new "Korean album" but with songs in English and co-marketed to potential US customers. The US version is just to lame and poorly made to be able to make any impact when compared to BoA's US rivals... 2 dancers in a dusty grey CGI backdrop not even dancing in unison is seriously not a striking image...

#38 Lilith11

Lilith11

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:26 PM

I noticed the computer voice too, and yeah, it worries me too, and I don't really like it. I know BoA can sing, and I want that to be seen, so I hope something in the future (like a ballad?) will show this.

And I didn't know there was Korean/American versions of the videos...

Her English, undoubtedly, has improved a lot. But, it's still shaky, just like how her Japanese was when she first debuted there. Thus, I think that as she gradually becomes more and more suceessful in America (hopefully at least), her English will become better and better. This MV was mainly used to showcase her dancing abilities and (I think at least) to break the Asian stereotype that Asians are only good at studying. They'll probably have to do more "stereotype breaking" songs but along the way, as her English improves from staying in America, her songs will start to show her vocals more and more until she comes out with a kicka** song AFTER Americans have grown more used to an Asian's presence in the industry.... or that's just my thought.

#39 4761922860

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:47 PM

You can already tell from the quality of the Korean MV that LSM's aim is to make this album her new "Korean album"

I'm thinking the same.

#40 Joshorty

Joshorty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:56 PM

I happen to think Eat You Up is a great song~ It's very catchy and kind of heavier than most pop songs. I dig it!
And I actually like both versions of the video. The American one really focuses on what's important to the song- BoA and her dance moves. I'm not sure if BoA'll be successful, but I know for a fact, I am going to do everything I can (talk about her, buy the album, go to shows, go up to people on the street and be like, "Buy BoA's album! She's fantastic!" and then run away) to help my BoA be a success in America.

Exactly. Korea pretty much already knows that BoA is a great dancer so that video is more 'fun' while the other one 'shows-off' more. But again, we have't seen everything yet so let's wait and see.

#41 Imperialist

Imperialist

Hitokiri Battousai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:13 PM

Negative comments often follows positive comments.
There is nothing we can do except to continue supporting her.

#42 arpgme

arpgme

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:13 PM

1. People have the right to say whether they like the song or not. Don't get mad if they say they don't like this song and tell them to leave the forum! Just because they don't like a few BoA songs doesn't mean they should leave the forum, they're still a BoA fan.

2. The American and Korean MV for Eat You Up have two different intentions. The American one focuses on BoA's dancing. BoA's new to America so it's only obvious that she should show her skills. The Korean video is laid back, it has good scenery and less dancing.

3. Remember, all great artists have haters and lovers! There will be people who like her music and people who hate it. It's just that simple.

I'm sure BoA will do fine. She got exposed to America when she performed No.1 in America. Also, her music was featured in Inuyasha which reached me and I'm sure, other Americans.

Plus, BoA is already famous in foreign countries. I'm sure they will put all of the effort into getting her into the mainstream. If a foreigner can make a song with nothing but humming (I forgot the name of the song and artist), I'm sure BoA, with excellent singing and dancing skills will be able to make it.

Just be positive and expose her to your friends/family.

#43 Kenweng

Kenweng

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:40 PM

What I see happening a lot in Korea is a lot of over criticism of BoA. It's like one moment they absolutely love her like in my name and GOT, then when she leaves and doesn't make another korean album for a long time they like bash her for "abandoning her roots". I think people should take a broader mind to things they say more often. But unfortunately controversy is what sells newspapers and gets people to watch newscasts. And also a lot of people judge things on face value, but hey everyone is entitled to their opinion.

My personal opinion is I like the song and the MV is pretty cool. So I will be buying the album.

#44 evilpho

evilpho

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 02:06 PM

i bet therez 10 BoA fans for every critic : D

#45 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 02:54 PM

^ You can be a BoA fan and a critic at the same time. :]

In fact, there's many that are (even on BJJ).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users