62 replies to this topic

#46 teagurl84

teagurl84

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:56 PM

when i heard about how bad the us video was i almost didnt believe it..after watching ohhh yes the women should be sued almost. its so lowbudget..no..no budget looking that i almost didnt believe it. my friend whos a film major could have done a better job. granted..i do like the dance moves but come on thats like a given. they look like they threw this together at the last minute.

and yes while it isnt our decision do you honestly think that this will fly in america. first appearences are everything here. if not flashy it still has to look professional this is oh so far from it. it will be a shame if she gets such low recognition due to something like a video

#47 foreverfriends

foreverfriends

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:02 PM

The American ver of the MV really sucks!!!!!!!!!!I can't understand how such a famous director like Danie can make something like it.It's horrible.I don't even think of watching it ever again.This MV is hopeless at any country.

#48 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:35 PM

Different people have different opinions. Lots of people think it sucks, cheap whatsoever. I personally think it is good since it brews out the sexiness image of BoA. Yes I agree the Asian version is better IMO but I don't think there is a need to remove the US version.

Exactly. And the fact that two videos exist for this debut song only makes BoA more interesting to new fans who will be searching for the alternate version on the internet.

Besides that, WTH is up with all the freaking out around here? "Stop the American video"? What's the point of investing effort into something so futile, when you could be SUPPORTING BoA by spreading the word about her, adding reviews to iTunes, Amazon, etc.

If BoA is reading this column, can you imagine how much these comments are hurting her feelings? She busts her ass and pours her heart into making a video, and so many of her "greatest fans" are rating it a ONE? And I thought *I* was a harsh critic. If the majority of BoAjjang members are her fans, I'd sure hate to see what her anti-fans write about her. With "fans" like this, BoA sure doesn't need enemies. :thumbsup:

#49 kuity

kuity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:39 PM

^ Yes life is pretty harsh huh? I personally don't think the US ver. (ever) deserves a 1/10 rofl...but......maybe it's just all the negativity going around -.-

Edited by kuity, 22 October 2008 - 09:39 PM.

#50 Japan02008

Japan02008

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:44 PM

Exactly. And the fact that two videos exist for this debut song only makes BoA more interesting to new fans who will be searching for the alternate version on the internet.

Besides that, WTH is up with all the freaking out around here? "Stop the American video"? What's the point of investing effort into something so futile, when you could be SUPPORTING BoA by spreading the word about her, adding reviews to iTunes, Amazon, etc.

If BoA is reading this column, can you imagine how much these comments are hurting her feelings? She busts her ass and pours her heart into making a video, and so many of her "greatest fans" are rating it a ONE? And I thought *I* was a harsh critic. If the majority of BoAjjang members are her fans, I'd sure hate to see what her anti-fans write about her. With "fans" like this, BoA sure doesn't need enemies. :thumbsup:

what you dont seem to get' some times you only get one shot when it comes to coming out in American, and if its not right, people will write you off....

#51 arpgme

arpgme

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:49 PM

I agree with you. People are so mean! American fans are the most critical (I'm American, too). I think it's mean to say this is "trash" when BoA put so much work into this. I know the Asian version is better but you could at least be nice while criticizing.

#52 Joshorty

Joshorty

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:55 PM

But they can indirectly be constructive and honest. I personally feel the same way as some of you for Diane :thumbsup: She seem to have such a heart for BoA. But I gotta be honest. The beginning until the end of the chorus captured me the most. But still like I said gazillion times, I think this can still sell in the US market, knowing how people gets captivated by debut artists and such when they watch MVs. Especially these dayz I mean...

I've only watched the music video twice and it's already growing on to me an watching it in high quality full screen makes a big difference than watching it on youtube or somewhat.

Edited by Joshorty, 22 October 2008 - 10:00 PM.

#53 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:23 PM

what you dont seem to get' some times you only get one shot when it comes to coming out in American, and if its not right, people will write you off....

What you don't seem to get is that you're dead wrong. Instant superstars are rare. Most people have to work long and hard to make it in the USA. And what you don't get is that people will watch that Asian MV and have no idea what BoA even looks like, because half the time you can't see her face--and you sure can't see that she has a nice dancer's body in those clothes she's wearing.

Just because WE know what BoA looks like doesn't mean the majority of America does. Sex sells in America, and a MV with a tomboy acting arrogant at an audition is about as far removed from sexy as it gets.

Reading the comments on the blogs, etc., it's easy to see that BoA's fans are really making her look bad, by saying that her US video sucks. If you want to SUGGEST that people look at the Asian version, that's fine--it generates interest. But publicly saying that something "sucks" is not going to help her gain fans. :thumbsup:

#54 myname_boa_betheone

myname_boa_betheone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:29 PM

^ Too bad, I don't like to lie
The MV sucks in my opinion. And the majority thinks so too.
So I will simply say "IT SUCKS".
Everybody is entitled to their own opinions. You love the MV? Fine!

#55 Maikeru

Maikeru

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:36 PM

I love the American version. it's captivating, and doesn't rely on gimmicks to show off BoA. it's pure BoA and dancing

#56 CADENZA

CADENZA

The Fire Rose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:29 AM

Negativity everywhere, but you can't scrap it just like that.
I mean, that'd be a total waste of money and effort.

#57 Joshorty

Joshorty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:36 AM

^Believe it or not, that's actually possible hence why you see some DVD music video releases contains unreleased music video material. Heck they don't have to tell the world if they scrapped an MV or not. I didn't even know that one of my favourite artists sweetbox (now Jade Valerie) had one unreleased music video for her single Here On My Own (Lighter Shade Of Blue) and it was revealed one day after the so many years of Jade as sweetbox. And it looked like they put a looot of budget on it, too. Reason for that scrap was because they thought the music video was too dark and not right for the European market. This is also why they remixed the song since the original Japanese version isn't as captivating and dynamic. As for our BoA's eat you up, they already gave away the US video as a teaser beforehand so we can actually see it getting scrapped. Who knows...

Just saying. I think I said my views about the US version enough times :thumbsup: (but to be clear in short, I thought it was ok and I know I'll love it eventually)

Edited by Joshorty, 23 October 2008 - 12:38 AM.

#58 CADENZA

CADENZA

The Fire Rose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:42 AM

^Well, it seems highlights of the Asian version will be shown every now and then. No news on the American version though.

#59 PinkStarry

PinkStarry

Boa's Cheerleader★

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:42 AM

Just saying. I think I said my views about the US version enough times (but to be clear in short, I thought it was ok and I know I'll love it eventually)

Yeah. Eventually.

Being a Boa fan, you ll actually spare time to actually view it LONG enough to like it. But you think first timers will do that?
Hell, if I hate some artist and I never even want to listen to it on the radio. I ll just switch. First impression is very important.

#60 Joshorty

Joshorty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:53 AM

Hey hey hey I didn't say first timers didn't I? I said I, meaning me. I definitely considered those factors as a general audience but I was only talking about myself there. I've been on radar for the music scene long enough to know that :thumbsup:

Anyway, let's stop and all of you guys should go HERE.

Edited by Joshorty, 23 October 2008 - 12:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users