#16 hcmushroom

hcmushroom

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:37 PM

POPULAR

I would seem that a society not defined by culture, such as the U.S. causes a need for people to feel in some way included. The bad news is that some group of people is constantly excluded, the good news is that we've been slowly breaking down these restrictions. If you look through history:

white landowning males -> white males -> technical "end" to slavery -> technical "equality" to women -> civil rights movement/end of segregation

Personally, I have nothing against same-sex couples getting married. I actually hope to be IN a same-sex marriage in a couple years. I just hope its legal by that time. It does give me hope that the progression to total equality seems inevitable, especially since the constitution is on our side and all that. -_-

#17 koreanboba

koreanboba

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• BoAjjang Subtitles
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:54 PM

I dont have anything against people who have that kind of preference, although, i've only had experiences of having fear of them...

Places like Greenville, CA >.> I would see like 5 guys holding hands and asking me if I wanted to join them. I just wouldn't say anything, then all of a sudden, they get in a van.

Or the parking lot near my campsite, when a guy came over and touched me (totally intentional, unless walking towards a person and touching him is an accident?)

but yea.. they reinforced the "STRANGER" profile for me...

Also, for a strange reason, if a guy wears anything close to something a female would wear and/or a prostitute (portrayed by the media), i get really freaked out... If that type of person came up to me, I'd start yelling for my friend to come get me... If no-one around, I RUN!

[EDIT] A point i'm trying to make is that fear is probably fueling most of the anti response. wouldnt it be easier to persuade the other half (people for prop 8) of their choices instead of continuing rallys which would probably continue to reinforce the feeling the other half (people for prop 8) have?

#18 CawWonnawig

CawWonnawig

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:31 AM

I have nothing against gay marriages, personally i dont see what the problem is with gays.
At the end of the day they are just normal human beings. Just because they find the same sex attractive means nothing.

Let them be happy, people should should just grow up and let them be.

#19 Airforce

Airforce

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:07 AM

Let them be happy, people should should just grow up and let them be.

ha! nice subtle touch of pun! seeing as to how gay means happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users