26 replies to this topic

#1 Beyondios

Beyondios

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:21 PM

I've always wondered if other people, beside myself, do and/or think some of these things.

-Sometimes I'm in bed thinking "OK, so if a murderer breaks in the house, he'd get my little sister first because the door of her room is first in the hallway, then he'd come to my room and get my older sister because she sleeps closest to the door, then me, then my mom and dad in the next room" and so on and so forth. Or if I'm at a sleepover with a bunch of friends, I always pick a place not so close to the door/window to sleep. Just because I don't want to be the first one to die, or maybe I'll have time to run while he's murdering the first person. lol I'm horrible

-When the ceiling fan is on in the summer or whatever, I try to keep my eye on one of the fan blades while it's furiously rotating. I lose track of it after like 5 seconds.

-When there's a bug or some sort of crawly thing around/on me and I get away from it, I imagine it's probably still on me or something even if I know it's not so I shake or move around a lot just in case.

-This usually happens in the summer, after putting on my clothes on top of a wet bathing suit when I'm at the beach. Then there's a long ride home and by the time I step foot in my house, my shirt is drenched too. And I hate it when I try to take it off before I take a shower because it's like IMPOSSIBLE to get a wet shirt off it's like glued to your body. And when I finally take it off it's like I just won a wrestling tournament and I throw it furiously to the ground making angry noises because it's so annoying and heavy and WET.

-Speaking of wetness, whenever I'm swimming in the lake and we're really far from the shore so it's really deep, I always think there's like sharks there somewhere and kinda scare myself into thinking there's one like right below me I just can't see it because it's too deep. lol

-When I'm somewhere other than home, like at school, or in the car (a passenger, not the driver) and I'm trying to sleep, it's like so uncomfortable. Because at school all you got is a desk, it's all flat, hard and cold. And in the car, it's like impossible to find a good position because there's hardly any space. But when I finally find a good position and I fall asleep, I wake up with pain somewhere in my body because what I actually thought was comfortable, really isn't.

-I hate it when you're either texting, e-mailing, IMing, or posting on forums with like a really long reply or some thoughtful well written essay of advice or something, and people post a one-liner as a "response" to you such as "thanks" or "I agree". It's like I spent all that time for nothing.

-When I'm having a good dream and someone/something wakes me, not being able to finish the dream, I pretend to go back to "sleep" and make up the ending myself. Even if I know it's not the actual ending, it makes me feel accomplished.

-When I go grocery shopping with my mom or something and we pick out the food, I always get the ones in the middle, not on the top, not on the bottom. Because the bottom ones are like ancient, and everybody touches the top ones. This counts for fruits, vegetables and good old shelf food like cans of soup, donuts, etc. You get the idea.

-I ALWAYS have to put lotion on my hands after washing them. If I'm somewhere where lotion isn't available, I won't wash my hands unless it's one of those rare occasions. Because I hate touching anything after having my hands washed. Especially paper, it feels really weird and I just absolutely HATE the feeling. Try it now and see for yourself. Get up, wash your hands, wipe them dry, and open a book or something and feel the paper. *shivers*

-Last one I promise (even though the list is way longer than this): when I meet a cross-eyed person, it's kind of hard to tell where they're looking (I'm sure we can all relate, unless you're cross-eyed yourself) and I'm concentrating on where to look, and I finally settle for between their eyes, right above their nose and the whole time they're talking I'm thinking if I actually look like I'm doing a good job at eye-contact or if they can see right through me and they know I suck at it and by the time I'm done thinking, they're done talking and I missed the whole conversation so I just sit there nodding and saying "uh huh" like an idiot. Actually this happens with non cross-eyed people too sometimes. Just because it's awkward to hold eye contact for so long so I have these arguments in my head on what part of their face I should look at next.

Ok, we've all acknowledged the fact that I'm an odd human being. But here's your chance to show the same about yourself.

#2 Mardy Bum

Mardy Bum

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:54 PM

I always put the fork on the spoon whenever I finish eating.

I kept a magazine under the table of where I put my laptop because in that magazine there is a tiny tiny article/review about a band I like.

I have a metronome. Sometimes I say random words and check out what note was that sound.

Sometimes when I dream, I know that I'm dreaming and sometimes I can control what's happening and know what's going to happen next.

I hate popular stuff especially in music.

I share to my friends my music but I get irritated when they get into them.

I have an unstoppable habit of refreshing forums whenever I'm bored.

I think it's cool to be different.

I buy bracelets/ballers but I don't use most of them.

When I'm obsessed with an artist/band/idol I have a tendency to make them look like the best there is. Even if it takes to cheat a poll on 'Best Artist 2008' 'Sexiest Male 2009' or whatever.

Edited by Mardy Bum, 27 December 2008 - 11:01 PM.

#3 Anima

Anima

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:13 PM

-I space out while I'm reading or on the computer and just think about random stuff that has nothing to do with what I'm doing or when I read and space out I'm making up parts of the story (especially if the story sucks) and i do it for 5 minutes

-I randomy sing in japanese/korean when looking out a window, sitting in class, doing chores, or not oding anything at all.(sounds normal though now that I read it)

-I tend to dance when I walk to the music in my head that seems to play 24/7. @_@ Pretty fun actually.

-(this happened as I typed this particular thing) I think about one thing and begin daydreaming about something else,(kinda like the first thig i mentioned) or I could be writing (or typing in this case) and just stop and stare at the paper and daydream about something.(short attention span to the max?)

[more when i stop thinking about animes i still haven't gotten around to watching]

#4 Raul

Raul

Thunder Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:01 AM

Hmm... i guess i don't do weird (not really weird) things...

Thinking.... not also..

#5 Sakura_Bunny_Chan

Sakura_Bunny_Chan

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:20 AM

XD I thought I was really one in a few people who did the making up of the last part of an interrupted dream.

I do the murderer and the the fan things too.

#6 nokkie

nokkie

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:05 AM

LOL
I try to make up the ending to my dreams too, but most of the time it just doesnt feel right so i just get up lol.
I blank out alot too, i dont really get distracted (well i dont think i do) but when someones talking i tend to blank out and sometimes i just laugh lol so it looks like i was listening :thumbsup:
I AM VERY PARANOID when it comes to spiders. My body just feels really weird and i keep getting suspicious that theres a spider on me.
OMG i dont like swimming at the beach or ocean where i cant see the ground. Keep thinking theres a shark or something dangerous down there. Scares the poop out of me xP
I have this fantasy world thing where im an entirely different person. First im WAYYYY older (about 21- im 14 xD)
Second, i look like BoA and Hyori (gosh this is embarrasing >.<) and i have a body to die for lol.
Ooh and my boyfriend is taeyang and i have 4 very close friends. LOL THIS IS TOO EMBARASSING. Im not going into details :]
Anyway i guess thats it. I guess my fantasy world makes me feel better. I really dont like this age :(
Im such a feak ;D

#7 leni

leni

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:28 AM

-When I'm having a good dream and someone/something wakes me, not being able to finish the dream, I pretend to go back to "sleep" and make up the ending myself. Even if I know it's not the actual ending, it makes me feel accomplished.

haha!! I do this too... but there's nothing waking me up,, just me..
and then after I make up the ending for my dream I linger on to that "dream" and then if possible, I extend it...

hm.. I imagine a LOT of things... mostly about me being connected to some impossible thing.. it becomes a story actually... I make up what happens to me and to whoever the other characters in my story are,,, till about after ten years in the story until I decide that I've gone too far and start from the same beginning... and I end up doing the same thing...
it's more connected to what I'm currently liking (or silently obsessing) at the moment...

I don't show my like (obsession, in some cases) towards something that almost everyone around me likes...
for example, me liking the Twilight Saga (this is I think really loving; I finished all four books in two weeks... hm..),,, I don't say it out loud aside from my closest friends because I don't like being grouped with those other people who have I think more differences with me rather than similarities...
but for my love for Korean or Japanese artists (not so common here), I say it out loud coz I know that only some people will really understand me... I guess I'm afraid to be grouped with other people.. *thinks*

I constantly wash my hands... I think I just like water too much...

hm... I can't think of others... haha!!! but most likely there are more,,, not just so aware of it..

^^

#8 rainbowbeat

rainbowbeat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:35 AM

-When the ceiling fan is on in the summer or whatever, I try to keep my eye on one of the fan blades while it's furiously rotating. I lose track of it after like 5 seconds.

-When there's a bug or some sort of crawly thing around/on me and I get away from it, I imagine it's probably still on me or something even if I know it's not so I shake or move around a lot just in case.

-This usually happens in the summer, after putting on my clothes on top of a wet bathing suit when I'm at the beach. Then there's a long ride home and by the time I step foot in my house, my shirt is drenched too. And I hate it when I try to take it off before I take a shower because it's like IMPOSSIBLE to get a wet shirt off it's like glued to your body. And when I finally take it off it's like I just won a wrestling tournament and I throw it furiously to the ground making angry noises because it's so annoying and heavy and WET.

-Speaking of wetness, whenever I'm swimming in the lake and we're really far from the shore so it's really deep, I always think there's like sharks there somewhere and kinda scare myself into thinking there's one like right below me I just can't see it because it's too deep. lol

-I hate it when you're either texting, e-mailing, IMing, or posting on forums with like a really long reply or some thoughtful well written essay of advice or something, and people post a one-liner as a "response" to you such as "thanks" or "I agree". It's like I spent all that time for nothing.

-When I go grocery shopping with my mom or something and we pick out the food, I always get the ones in the middle, not on the top, not on the bottom. Because the bottom ones are like ancient, and everybody touches the top ones. This counts for fruits, vegetables and good old shelf food like cans of soup, donuts, etc. You get the idea.

-when I meet a cross-eyed person, it's kind of hard to tell where they're looking (I'm sure we can all relate, unless you're cross-eyed yourself) and I'm concentrating on where to look, and I finally settle for between their eyes, right above their nose and the whole time they're talking I'm thinking if I actually look like I'm doing a good job at eye-contact or if they can see right through me and they know I suck at it and by the time I'm done thinking, they're done talking and I missed the whole conversation so I just sit there nodding and saying "uh huh" like an idiot. Actually this happens with non cross-eyed people too sometimes. Just because it's awkward to hold eye contact for so long so I have these arguments in my head on what part of their face I should look at next.

i quoted from you coz we have so much in common XD.

-i wiped the areas that strangers touched me. ugh.

-i don't like to hold hands. even with my bf or bff. @_@ it's just like wet, and warm, which i feel like a leech.

-i'm very afraid of lizards. (AREN'T YOU?) and i can't stand person who think that lizards are cute. you know, their skin, their tiny black eyes, their tails.. ugh.

i can't think of others. XDD
there will be so many if i managed to list them all . :3

#9 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:01 AM

I read while I am in the shower/bath tub...I hang out of it...xD!

Whenever I play the sims games I make me and my favorite actor together with babies =P

Although most people think this is crazy, I talk to myself about the WEIRDEST things.

I read outloud sometimes and make up the characters voices, like with Harry Potter, I give all the characters voices and I have a british accent for all of them.

#10 Pei

Pei

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:03 AM

@Beyondios, I love the way you described some of these nuances, so I've quoted some that apply to me as well.

+ I sometimes wake up with some random song in my head. It's literally the first thought of the day.

+ I love to chew on drinking straws and ice, sometimes to let out some inner frustration I'm not aware of or just because I feel like it. It's some weird oral fixation from smoking, I guess.

+

When I go grocery shopping with my mom or something and we pick out the food, I always get the ones in the middle, not on the top, not on the bottom. Because the bottom ones are like ancient, and everybody touches the top ones. This counts for fruits, vegetables and good old shelf food like cans of soup, donuts, etc. You get the idea.

+ I pretend to have conversations out loud when I'm alone. I either talk to myself, or pretend like I'm talking to someone, or pretend I'm someone telling me something, or I'm telling my life story out loud, or I'm talking to the cosmos in general.

Speaking of wetness, whenever I'm swimming in the lake and we're really far from the shore so it's really deep, I always think there's like sharks there somewhere and kinda scare myself into thinking there's one like right below me I just can't see it because it's too deep. lol

->I'm morbidly afraid of deep waters/open waters, because my imagination goes haywire from imagining ALL SORTS OF THINGS that could be down there. Who are you kidding when you decide to wade in the sea/lake? It's like an alien world of ...alien things down there in the darkness. It's called the 'unfathomable depths' for a reason, you know.

+ When I was in High School, I was always fetched from school. I'd often fall asleep in the car on the way home, but by some psychic power of mine, I always seem to wake up when the car is near my house, or at least about ten seconds from the main gate. I get that "homely feeling" and then just naturally awaken.

+

When I'm having a good dream and someone/something wakes me, not being able to finish the dream, I pretend to go back to "sleep" and make up the ending myself. Even if I know it's not the actual ending, it makes me feel accomplished.

-->Not so much to feel accomplished but because I want some sort of closure to the story, and also because I am often besotted with the idea presented in my dream that I'd hate for it to hang in the limbo of my subconscious without me ever knowing what happens next. And so often, I imagine the sequel of the dream and even more often, I fall back asleep and the dream actually progresses on its own.

+ I love to guess the zodiac signs of my friends/people I meet, and try to see how they fit into the stereotypes of their signs. I just think it's fun to see predictability and truth in an otherwise vague/baseless 'science'.

+ I get nauseous looking at an intact fish when it's in a soup or on my plate (but not fried fish, just boiled/stewed fish dishes). I find their glassy eyes and fresh/just-died appearance incredibly revolting, so much so that I have a very hard time eating a meal like that, so I end up trying my best not to make eye contact with it while I tear it apart with my Utensils of Cruelty.

+

Sometimes I'm in bed thinking "OK, so if a murderer breaks in the house, he'd get my little sister first because the door of her room is first in the hallway, then he'd come to my room and get my older sister because she sleeps closest to the door, then me, then my mom and dad in the next room" and so on and so forth. Or if I'm at a sleepover with a bunch of friends, I always pick a place not so close to the door/window to sleep. Just because I don't want to be the first one to die, or maybe I'll have time to run while he's murdering the first person. lol I'm horrible

-->I used to think about this, too, along with "What if a fire starts in the middle of the night and I'm in nothing but lady boxers and a big shirt, sometimes just a big big shirt, and I have to run out of the house?" So naturally I started considering going to bed in decent nightdresses or matching pajamas, but actually I still go to bed in lady boxers and a loose shirt.

#11 Beyondios

Beyondios

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:56 AM

OH MY GOD! People actually replied!!! YAY

Ok, so having read all the replies so far I can say that I can totally relate.

For one, Mardy Bum, that dreaming thing happens to me too, and it's called Lucid dreaming. It's when you know you're in a dream and you can make anything happen. It's fun because I sometimes pretend to have super powers and it really works. lol Oh and I do the word/note thing too, and also the refreshing of forums when I'm bored.

Anima, I space out a lot too, like I did JUST NOW (I had to stop typing mid-sentence because I was looking at my nails and thinking of how metallic they look because of the nail polish, lol and from that I went to thinking about other stuff).

As for some of you other people, I do the same thing with the making up stories and fantasies. This usually happens when I go to bed, I sit there making up things that could never happen, and it's like a movie. I imagine it being on TV or something and I'm the main character, and so on. It's very entertaining. But then I get so far in the story just to realize nothing really happened and I start over. It's a never-ending cycle. I've perfected numerous scenes, but some others need a lot of work. lol I sound like a movie director.

I talk to myself too, and imagine I'm on a talk show and being interviewed, or I imagine just talking to myself or having a conversation with other people. haha

Pei, I wake up with a song in my head too, literally the first thought, and sometimes it's a very random song, like a song that I didn't actually listen to the other night or that month even. And I do the waking up thing too, sometimes I'd sleep in study hall at school and wake up JUST before the bell rang, every time. Or sometimes I go to sleep at night and tell myself I have to wake up at 6, and ta-dah, I wake up at 6 (without an alarm clock or anything).

Oh there's this other thing I do, when I'm at some place (it could be anywhere, like subway, restaurant, parking lot, etc) I always think "how many people have been sitting/standing on this same spot". I find it amusing to think of how many others have stepped on the same place I'm stepping at the moment. I imagine all sorts of things like "this place must've been here in the 40s, I wonder how many people from back then have been here and are still alive" and then I think of how amazing it is that some of the people in my life right now that I have met recently had no idea who I was before and I imagine what they were doing before we met. Blah blah blah I type too much.

k I'm done.

#12 shinkai

shinkai

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:46 AM

i do have such thinking too.
sometimes im on bed..and i think what i did today...and i try to imagine if i did this today instead of what i did today,wat will happen?
i want to wear the invisble cloak that japan invented, go to iraq and kill them like hitman
sometimes on bed, i think i will be able to meet BoA some how, like met her at backstage and use this opportunity to talk to her until i manage to get her number somehow and she says ok.....haha.

#13 rainbowbeat

rainbowbeat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:02 AM

oh i remember my weird things i did every night ._.

i'm so afraid of lizards, so.. because lizards are always in the floor, everytime i walked to stuffed places i always stomped at the floor o.O
it was to make sure that lizards are afraid of me DX

#14 kadykutthroat

kadykutthroat

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:24 AM

I have really bad Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
Everything in my room is straight and lined up in order from biggest to smallest.

I always wash my hands after each class at school.

I sleep with my bed pushed up against a wall just so I can curl up in the corner because I'm afraid of open spaces.

I wash my bed sheets/blankets every weekend because if I don't I feel like I'm laying in filth.
I wash them after I have company over too, and before company so they're not sleeping in my dirt.

I take 2 showers a day- one in the morning to wash the nasty off of me from sleep and 1 at night so I don't go to bed with dirt on me.

I can't be around mayonnaise because it gives me panic attacks.

If I'm eating and listening to music, I chew to the beat.

#15 miduhyo

miduhyo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:28 AM

I always brush my hair with exactly 20 strokes! haha
I love to think when i'm on my bed trying to go to sleep. But i usually think about like 'what if someone came and beat the crap out me' would someone help? haha i have NO idea where those thoughts come from, but because of that, i stay away from any empty places just in case i do get the crap beaten out of me
When i brush my teeth i have to do it up and down, not side to side, and i always time my watch to know i did it exactly 3 mins instead of 2... idk why
I daze out a lot, i mean, i just stare out during class and the teacher picks on me to answer a question and i don't notice, so he ask again and i'm still sitting there, my friend almost threw me off the chair cause i wasn't coming back from the daze.. lol
I like to stare at my fan too, its fun
Like a lot of other people say, i like to finish my dreams too! haha and even if its not the actual ending I love to make it end however i want! :(

Edited by miduhyo, 30 December 2008 - 11:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users