264 replies to this topic

#256 MoiDixMois

MoiDixMois

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:05 AM

Hmm disregarding their personality (coz really I don't know these people personally)...for me it's:

2NE1 - I mean I like the song "I Am The Best", but I can't really get into them as much as others seem to be shrieking off about. Maybe it's because I'm not into CL and her metallic/nasal voice, Bom's features scare me (Obviously had some heavy plastic surgeries and she looks weird when she talks), Dara for me is the poorest performer of the group because of her very tiny voice and awkward dancing (but I heard that she's really nice...but seriously, not a good performer for me), Minzy is a good dancer (the only other one that I can accept besides BoA) and her style of singing is okay for me, but she can't bring up the group by herself....the only reason (I believe) this group is famous is because of their image (which is unique in terms of girl groups in Korea...since all others are Barbie types or whatever)...though YES, I do like their bad ass style (but that's about it). And yes, their fans tick me off.

ALL CURRENT KPOP GIRL GROUPS - ugh, need I say more? Their moves can't even be called dances (for me, they're like doing softcore pole dancing or something minus the pole). They all look alike (I mean they've had surgeries to get that "beautiful/cute" standard in Korea). Their voices are childish and don't show real power or technique. There are too many girls in one group, therefore the (possible) strength of some members are overshadowed by the need to harmonize the group. Their choreographers give them easy annoying dance steps that pull in pedophiles (or aspiring pedophiles XP)...honestly, I think some of the individuals are talented but are not given the quality acts they deserve.

ALL CURRENT KPOP BOY GROUPS - well...haha I don't know why but they just don't appeal to me...maybe because of the make up, skinny bodies and girlish features (which was probably due to surgery as well) and Korean male singers often have that heavy breathy voice that I'm not fond of (haha well it's just my preference). Even if other males don't have that voice, I still can't get into them...haha I just don't like how the Korean words sound when males sing it (maybe haha). I'm not that into their dances because I usually expect more energetic dance techniques from males and I don't really see that in the boy groups, and as I said with the girl groups, some members are just for looks and not all that talented in singing and dancing (especially dancing), and because of these members, the strong ones are required to lessen their acts to compliment the others.

AMERICAN RAPPERS - haha except maybe Eminem (well, humor has some appeal XDDD), but really their songs are all about sex, sex, and...oh um sex! I especially hate their music videos because they always treat girls like dogs or whatever. As if all girls are willing and inferior to men. But then I also hate female rappers that degrade themselves and males (you know vice versa).

Selena Gomez - XD well, her current disco music bugs me. I don't think the songs she sings fit her. I mean, I like her, but not her music. The only songs I probably like from her are all from Disney shows (the intro of Wizards of Waverly Place and Shake It Up - though I'm not into these shows).

Miley Cyrus - my opinion is the same as in Selena's. I like her Disney songs more coz the songs fit her voice and style haha I used to watch Hannah Montana but the last season sucked haha whatever. I used to like her...but now...hm haha not really, but I don't hate her like most people.

Regarding Disney singers, for me, Demi Lovato is the only one who has chosen well which songs to sing after she got out of Disney. Haha well there was someone who said before that she/he hated her screaming in the songs. I, myself don't hate that since I am into rock music so for me screaming gives more edge/power/emotion to a song...but of course only if it fits the song hehe. Besides, screaming high notes like Demi, Amy (Evanescence), Avril or Hayley (Paramore) is harder than it looks and definitely shows a good vocal range, coz singing falcetto is so much easier.

Haha I like Slipknot, TheGazettE, etc. haha but that's just me. I like BoA and classical music, so you could say I really go around in terms of music styles/genres. I like to recognize talent rather than just looks and/or image (as the media pukes into people)...but yeah, these are still opinions of mine mixed with some of my preferences :D

#257 mrsmushroomlee

mrsmushroomlee

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

Nine Muses, MYNAME, A Pink... I really dislike them.

#258 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:32 PM

Used to love Koda Kumi up until 2007, but now I just cannot stand her music..other than that just add every Boy and Girl Groups to the list lmao

Edited by BoA_rocks_in_english, 21 July 2012 - 11:33 PM.

#259 AishaAigoo

AishaAigoo

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

What I can't seem to get into is ANYTHING else beside K-Pop. Once I got into K-Pop I haven't been able to go back to MCR. Which is sad, since MCR is still a great band, I just can'tdo it XD

Whenever I hear a non-Korean song I go crazy and turn off the volume immediately XD

#260 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

In Jpop, AKB48. I don't hate them but there is so much negativity surrounding them it just puts me off. Also their songs are mediocre at best. I like SKE48 though :)

In Kpop, Hello Venus. The best thing about them is that the members can actually keep their voices stable during a live performance which most K-idols who've been around for a few years can't do but that's it. When it comes to their appearance and music they are no different to the majority of female K-idols. They're just same old same old and their fans have made them completely overrated.

#261 sungyoung

sungyoung

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

Rookies in kpop, no motivation to check out their new songs =/

Selena Gomez for me as well.

#262 ItsKwonBoa

ItsKwonBoa

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:58 PM

For me, it's J-POP singer. I mean like the real J-POP singers not KPOP singer who went into the Japanese music industry like BoA and TVXQ. I just can't seem to get their concept and the way they sing and dance and also their visuals doesn't appeal to me. Like for examples AKB48 and their sub-groups (or whatever they call it). I don't like their music video concepts wearing Bikini and all. Seems so slutty (I'm sorry for this harsh word, but it is).

#263 ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK

Caddie In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

Lee Hyori. I absolutely love the music she writes for herself and for others but I can't listen to her sing. Her voice is dry and has little to know soul to it.

#264 TailofHappiness

TailofHappiness

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:21 PM

Rookie groups.

The newest rookie group that I actually listened to (and actually liked) would have to be

Dal Shabet.

Hmm, who else,  Justin Bieber  :bash:  .

I tried to listen to Namie Amuro but nah, she's a cool cat but I guess her music ain't for me.

Edited by TailofHappiness, 30 April 2014 - 10:21 PM.

#265 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:11 PM

For J-pop, I don't like all the current popular artists that are fairly new to me. AKB48 or whatever they're called; their company uses these young girls as jailbait to get more money out of perverted old guys. It's so sad.

For K-pop, Hyori's voice doesn't appeal to me much. She does have some good songs.

For American pop, I can't stand Avril Lavigne's new style, Jennifer Lopez is another okay singer, Nicki Minaj. I don't care if Avril did that Hello Kitty video which is apparently 'racist.' She is just a really bad singer if she isn't singing ballads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users