-SNSD
-DBSK (I like only few songs from them)
-Miley Cyrus
-Jonas Brothers
-Morning Musume
-KARA
-Super Junior
-Bi/Rain

Edited by myname_boa_betheone, 21 February 2009 - 04:59 PM.

#17 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:13 PM

@ BoA_Rocks_In_English: You can't get into BoA..?!
Or are you talking about the British band. xD

Let's see....
Ayumi Hamasaki.. I like some songs (Mirrocle World is my favorite), but like most people, her voice is too shrill, whiny, nasal, weird for me. =\
After School.. well, I've only heard Ah and Playgirlz, so I guess it's not enough yet.
Epik High.. everyone likes them, but I just don't really like their music. :T
Super Junior!!!!
SHINee.. these two are the only SM artists that release music that I don't like. I think some of SuJu and all of SHINee are very talented though.
Chae Yeon. Her songs suck.
Taylor Swift.. I freakin hate that Teardrops On My Guitar song. =___= I find her music and voice extremely boring; I can't believe Teardrops was such a hit.
T.I. I just don't like all the EYYs in the background or w/e. His rapping is boring to me.
The Fray.

EDIT: Now that I think about it.. a LOT of Japanese artists.. GackT, all of Johnny's Ent, GReeeN, etc. The only ones I like are Hikki, Namie, Crystal Kay, Yuna Ito, Tohoshinki, and Tenjochiki (yeah, the last two aren't really Japanese but I like their Japanese songs).

Edited by MOTOWAYohsixfive, 21 February 2009 - 02:20 PM.

#18 Lionclaw

Lionclaw

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:15 PM

Lifehouse
Evanescence
David Cook
Within Temptation
BoA

why boA? u not getting into boa dosent make sense because of ur posts and name.

#19 The Real CZ

The Real CZ

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:24 PM

Pink
Katy Perry
Rihanna
Chris Brown
Ayumi Hamasaki
Utada Hikaru
Hyori Lee (she's hot...but that's it)
Drunken Tiger

+ many more

#20 vuong22

vuong22

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,773 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:38 PM

OMG theres a lots

Jonas Brothers - OMG they have like 2 songs i like for a little then i wanna ike kill the song after lol
Misono - shes ok when she was with Day after tomorrow (Starry Heaven Love it)

#21 starsarang

starsarang

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:07 PM

~Screamo/heavy metal bands - I cannot understand what they are saying in screamo, and the mood in general for both genres just makes me want to kill myself as it sounds so depressing or angry. :S I tried to check some out because some of my friends love them, but I can't seem to like them at all. D;
~Miley Cyrus - One word: fake.
~Lady Gaga - I have to admit, I do like that "I wanna take a ride on your disco stick..etc"(forget the title XD) song of her's, but her music is so repetetive. Nothing new. Everything is a repeat of what she's done previously.
~Katie Perry - I do like her songs, but come on, it kills me when I see youtube vids of her live performances. SHE CAN'T SING FOR BEANS D;
~Wonder Girls
~SNSD
~Kara - All three of these bands are just overrated.
~Lights - I tried to see what the fuss was about with her songs, but I don't know. Her songs basically sound the same, and her voice is...

#22 BoAlover13

BoAlover13

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:36 PM

Definitely Morning Musume. I saw them everywhere, and I was like "wow they must be good"... I was so wrong. ;)

I can't really think of anyone else at the moment. There's definitely more though lol.

Exactly how i felt about morning musume! I looked them up and i read reviews and stuff and people were like raving about it and i downloaded some albums and i was like " What?" i didn't get it.... I really wanted to like them... i even gave some of their new stuff a chance but i think it's like, their style doesnt change it sounds so dated to me... IMO
Super Junior- Maybe because theyre kinda like the male morning musume or not??? idk but i cant seem to get into them
Ai Otsuka- I know shes very successful in Japan and i think she is so cute so i tried to listen to her music but nothing really happened, there was no spark ... if you will!
MAi K! Probably my biggest example i really really really wanted to like her a lot but i just couldnt!

#23 hirari

hirari

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:42 PM

Ayumi Hamasaki ~ she looks so fake. Looks to much like a DOLL without being one.

#24 Mardy Bum

Mardy Bum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:58 PM

I can't seem to get into Japanese/Korean music anymore. I used to listen to J-Pop a lot but I got over it for some reason. :\ + Emo, Rap, Pop Punk, Some Metal

(Artists from those genres)

Edited by Mardy Bum, 21 February 2009 - 05:59 PM.

#25 Mystic Tupperware

Mystic Tupperware

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:22 PM

The current Indie (Pop-)Rock trend: I just don't get it. Is the fact that they're not on top 40 radio somehow suppossed to distract me from the fact that they all seem to sound the same? Their vocal techniques, lyrics, and overall styles all sound exactly alike to me. I can't even tell some of the bands apart; they're almost interchangeable. The insistently less-than-euphonious low-quality production value doesn't help either.

Screamo/Most Heavy Metal: I LOL at how fake the angst comes off as. I also cringe at how the lyrics (those that you can understand) that are suppossed to be expressing some "deep rage" normally sound like little more than a very-loud temper tantrum.

Ne-Yo: Am I the only one who notices how full of himself the dude comes across as? That and how blindingly similar his songs seem... I do give him props for at least writting a lot of his own stuff, though.

Jonas Brothers: Looks and Disney. That's all they have. No talent, no skill, not even good songs. They're a testament to how powerful and stupid the tween market can be.

Taylor Swift: See above. See also: "Her lyrics sound like they're taken from the diary of a 12 year-old girl with special needs." [Not my quote, but it fits]

Miley Cyrus: See above. See also: Immature child who thinks she knows it all at 16.

T.I.: He's not really a good rapper.

Rain: I respect the man's dancing, but the respect ends there.

DBSK: They're not terrible, but I swear they give new meaning to the word "overrated."

Will most likely add to this list as time goes on.

Edited by Mystic Tupperware, 21 February 2009 - 06:22 PM.

#26 anime811

anime811

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:29 PM

Hmm~

Ayumi -
Morning Musume -
Hyori - self-explanatory :)
Miley Cyrus - XD.......
Jonas Brothers - music sucks, they're NOT goodlooking, and all the squealing I hear at school about these guys don't help either. ;)
Wonder Girls - highly overrated.
SNSD - lmfao.
Mika Nakashima - I love some of her songs but alot of them are really boring T_T Sorry mika D:
Son Dam Bi - I thought she was okay during her Cry Eye period but, anything after that, shoot me now =_=
Yui - shes talented and everything its just...I can't seem to like her voice and the way she sings her songs =X.
Jewellery - ... x]
Rain - he can dance but other wise, just no.
After School - songs are irritating. talent? lol.
Jolin Tsai - her singing sucks, dancing fails, songs arent much to write about.
Zhang Li Yin/ Jang Rin - Timeless was great. oher then two or three songs, every other song, or performance went downhill to me lol.
JE - overrated alot of the time.
Twins - .... D:

There are probably tons more but :X

#27 chocolate-kid

chocolate-kid

lazy internet sloth.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,241 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

I have to say Super Junior >_<
I like some of their songs and they are pretty cool and everything
But I'm just not THAT into them.

Edited by chocolate-kid, 21 February 2009 - 08:14 PM.

#28 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:19 PM

Jolin Tsai - her singing sucks, dancing fails, songs arent much to write about.
Zhang Li Yin/ Jang Rin - Timeless was great. oher then two or three songs, every other song, or performance went downhill to me lol.

Oh yeah..! That reminds me of the two.
Basically everything you said about Jolin. lmao. But she's entertaining at least.. it's funny to see this "dancing diva."
As for Zhang Li Yin, her voice is GRRREATTT, but her songs are so frickin boring. =__= I don't think it's just because I've only heard ballads from her (because I usually like a lot of ballads) and one upbeat song.. I even though Timeless was boring.

As for WG and Hyori, I find them highly overrated, but I do enjoy some performances and I like quite a few of their songs. :]
They sound decent in studio recordings and their songs make up for their vocals/English pronunciation (U-Go-Girl!).

#29 comet_cloud21

comet_cloud21

Trolling in the Deep

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:26 PM

I don't know the reason why, but I just can't seem to get into SHINee. I like 2 songs from them, Last Gift & In My Room. But then, I don't really like the whole group. I like JongHyun because of his collab with Jang Ri In (Wrongly Given Love/Jiao Cuo De Ai).

#30 naneko

naneko

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:40 PM

SHINee : I don't like them so much. Maybe it's cos I'm not into younger guys but most of their songs sound .. um.. like a young guy trying to sound manly??? which is such a turn off LOL Maybe that's why I like 2PM HAHAHAA Cos they're older than me XD
Koda Kumi : She's just ... no offense but... slu- yeah.
SNSD : I like only a few of the members and their GEE and Girls Generation song but nothing else to be honest LOL I really don't like Taeyun (I'm sorry to any fans out there) but the stuff she said on radio really made me dislike her.
Kanye West : His love lockdown song was really addicting but I don't really like his music that much...

Most hiphop and rap kinda scares me.. LOL and most J-pop songs don't really ... make me want to listen for it too long. I liked Rurutia for some time but she made a nasal kinda voice and it was getting annoying.. LOL I do listen to her musicboxes though.. the musicboxes are pretty XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users