Anyway, Can you celebrate? is good song ^^

#32 babet

babet

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:04 PM

Demi Lovato/ selena gomes/ jonas brothers/ miley cyrus/ zac efrom/ vanessa hudgens.....(ok yeah. So basically the disney gang. Their music makes my ears bleed)
Shinee (i still don't understand why one of the members just dances and doesn't sing.....I don't care how good of a dancer you are, at least belt out a note or two. If SoHee from wondergirls can "sing", anybody can).
SNSD (Too many, can't tell them apart. Plus each girl sings like....what....2 lines)
Super Junior (Same as SNSD)
Big Bang (stopped liking them after they kept releasing songs that sound like "lie")
Son Dam Bi ( i liked one song......but thats it)
Arashi (Jun Matsumoto is hot, but the music....eh)
Taylor Swift (I honestly don't think she can sing. She sounds....hoarse...and not in a good 'soulful' way)

#33 anime811

anime811

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:28 PM

Oh yeah..! That reminds me of the two.
Basically everything you said about Jolin. lmao. But she's entertaining at least.. it's funny to see this "dancing diva."
As for Zhang Li Yin, her voice is GRRREATTT, but her songs are so frickin boring. =__= I don't think it's just because I've only heard ballads from her (because I usually like a lot of ballads) and one upbeat song.. I even though Timeless was boring.

As for WG and Hyori, I find them highly overrated, but I do enjoy some performances and I like quite a few of their songs. :]
They sound decent in studio recordings and their songs make up for their vocals/English pronunciation (U-Go-Girl!).

ZLY has a great voice most definitely. but yeah, some of her songs are just really boring ._.
Sometimes she overdoes her voice at points. She has the voice but needs to learn to control it better i think >_<
I loved timeless and y... but other than that, I couldn't bring myself to like her other songs >=[

I do like some of WG's songs too but I like to look for vocals and they aren't particularly strong in that area I find.
Hyori well, =x.

#34 V-ni@star

V-ni@star

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:39 AM

most of jpop.. i dont know why....
i dont know why..
only BoA japanese song only tha i can fit in

#35 LuV2U

LuV2U

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:47 AM

SS501
i dont know why hearing their voice in a song just...irritated me. sorry but i cant seem to have a way to like them...
BUT!
their reality shows are actually good. i dont like their songs..oh so very much (despite that their leader is jae joong and Micky's best friend ;) )

Hardcore Hip-Hop artist who just raps about how it is so cool to be a gangster and layed thousands of chicks :D yuuck!

thats the only thing that i couldve think of right now.

#36 wintery-days

wintery-days

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:59 AM

--I just can't like J-POP singers, most of them. I don't know, to me, it looks like they read Japanese word by word in songs, not singing. ;)

--Some slutty US singers, you know what I mean. OK, I can listen to their songs (the ones with promotion only) if they are good (I mean through mp3), but when I see they perform with all the body-shake thing, or watch their MVs without clothes , I hate it. Don't want to check their albums out.

ughh same here, i just can't get into most of jpop singers, their genres are somewhat weird :D

same goes with the slutty US singers, their songs sounds good, but when i saw their mvs, no clothes, shake all way round, erghh...

EVERYONE from High school musical!!! SHOOT ME IN THE FACE WHEN I LISTEN TO THEIR MUSIC!

you're not alone~ especially vanessa, phesshh..

#37 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:37 AM

BoA???
So why are you here? :D

EDITED MY POST LOL
Apparently i read the topic wrong >.<

#38 bokachu

bokachu

BoA News Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:39 AM

EDITED MY POST LOL
Apparently i read the topic wrong >.<

Haha, I know
Haha :D

#39 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:04 AM

Haha, I know
Haha :D

Yup that was my official air head moment of the week enjoy people haha ;)

#40 rainbowbeat

rainbowbeat

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:25 AM

^LOL.

no offense :/
but I don't like Wonder Girls.
and I really also can't get into some girl-rapper like Lexy >_<
and more hollywood actress who think they can sing. *e.g. are already above :D

#41 runaway

runaway

The Aerospace Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:08 AM

cool thread...
this is up for 1-2 days and it's like- 3 pages!?

1. Big Bang
yes yes yes... i know they are awesome and everything... but the only attraction is G-dragon O.o

2. After school
totally creeps me out~

3. High School Musical...
got totally turned off after watching the first 10 minutes...

4. US rappers
they bore me to death...
liking an artist depends alot on their mvs...
and people like Usher, 50cent just get me yawning...
they get a car, a curvy chick... and the rapper just flirts... touches places that guys are not allowed to.... *yawns*

5. Miley Cyrus
she looks- like a freak

6. Rain
boring....

7. American Idol artists??

8. KARA
i dont think they have the charisma, talent and looks to make it

9. Jonas Brothers...
their name is plain weird... songs are even weirder... in short- just plain weird

10. Koda Kumi
a bit- too overated??

Edited by runaway, 22 February 2009 - 09:09 AM.

#42 sakura_lite

sakura_lite

DBSK Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:06 PM

My korean music (wait, my MUSIC) is pretty limited because it takes a lot for me to like an artist. They have to have this spark.
Bi: I don't know what is so great about him that makes a lot of people love him. Personally, I hate his voice, and yes his dancing is good but I prefer Se7en over him for that.
SNSD: I liked them before but now eh, they just get on my nerves. Gee is a catchy song, however, their tweaked voices in that song annoy the heck out of me.
Hyori: no comment.
Fly to The Sky: I love Brian's personality on Xman and Love letter, but FTTS songs are boring to me
Zhang Li Yin: She has a good voice, she can sing well. BUT I disliked her since she first debuted, and that feeling hasnt changed. I have listened to her chinese album but the songs were so boring. She also tries way too hard to execute her voice. Moreover, I HATE her voice.
SHINee: I tried to listen to their songs.. the only one I liked was Replay.
2PM: Downloaded their single/album, didn't like any of their songs.
Ayumi Hamasaki: Listened to her songs a few years ago but hated the long intros. I also dislike her voice.
Jay Chou: All of my chinese friends LOVE him. I have no idea why. I did listen to a few of his songs... but in the end, i couldn't stand his voice
JJ Lin: same as Jay Chou. Hate his voice.
There are a lot more.. xD Im a very hard person to please....

oh yeah, I don't listen to american music...

Edited by sakura_lite, 22 February 2009 - 12:15 PM.

#43 boafan_1

boafan_1

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:43 PM

Namie Amuro

I've tried to listen her songs and watched PV,Live~
even songs from her successful album "BEST FICTION"
but I can't get into....really

Anyway, Can you celebrate? is good song ^^

I loved BEST FICTION (except for WMWM, that's like, the worst song in her discography)

CYC is one of my all-time favourite songs. I love the passion and strength of her voice when she sang it at PLAY TOUR. If you watch that, you're probably sure to fall in love with her music.

Anyways...

American Singers - Most of them. Except for like, Nickelback (don't know if I'm spelling it right), Kelly Clarkson, Beyonce (well, during B'day and before), Christina Aguilera, etc. I hate the screechy, screaming voices that hits the radio EVERY SINGLE DAY. Especially Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears and Lady Gaga of some.

Chara - Eww.... bad voice....

Super Junior - Some catchy songs, not overly exciting. Will be waiting for their new album, however. Love that new quote, "13eyond your imagination" - it's very pretty.

Jay Chou - That guy mumbles too much. I swear I would have murdered the TV screen if it wasn't for the fact that my bestie is a die-hard fan ><;

Sohee from WG - Her voice is so weak. I don't get why Koreans love her; she pulls down WG a lot.

Jang Ri In - Saw her on Chinese TV the other day. She's nice, but her voice isn't that great live.

High School Musical - I can't believe I had to sit through the 3rd movie. The school had to book out the cinema for us...

#44 korniceman3000

korniceman3000

Composer/Songwriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:51 PM

I DESPISE Jay-Z. He's completely overated and sucks! Basically all modern American Hip-Hop and R&B (minus Eminem, old school Dr. Dre, Tupac Shakur, and Notorious BIG) They should burn everything with the words, Miley Cyrus, Hannah Montana, Highschool Musical, Demi Lovato, or anything related with that garbage. All worthless, urine soaked crap from American Idol (minus Chris Daughtry - some of his songs are ok and he's an excellent vocalist) 2/3's of Kpop (minus BoA), all of HK Cantopop (basically a giant box of clustered talentless puke), practically all of Mandopop (minus Jay Chou because I like a few of his piano compositions, the song Orange Blossom or whatever it was called, and the theme song for Jet Li's Fearless), a lot of Jpop (minus Utada), all of modern country music (because most songs sound way too similar), Fall Out Boy, practically all new US alternative rock, alternative-metal, post grunge, hardcore, metalcore, emo, screamo, nu-metal, rap-metal, and hardrock bands that developed post 2005...

#45 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:15 PM

^ That's a lot. O___O

I love this thread.. can't stop coming to it whenever I think of another artist I need to mention! xD
SHINee: I know I mentioned them already, but their Replay song sounds like recycled American R&B fillers. -__- Seriously. I can't believe it became so popular.. it's just boring and bland. Amigo sounds like crap to me. Not to mention, most of their album sounds the same.
It's a shame they don't have better songs because I find them HIGHLY talented for their age- great performers, singers, and dancers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users