Photo

Info Thread for BoA's U.S. Debut Album

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
560 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_akajoe_*

Guest_akajoe_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:20 AM

I bought my first ever CD and also first BoA's album!! yay!! :lol: bought if from target...and good thing I saved my gift card! XD

#17 JJUUIICCYY

JJUUIICCYY

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:32 AM

Question:

Not sure if this has been addressed, but in regards to BoA's "American" or "US" debut, does this exclusively target her activities and merchandise launches strictly to the US (and not other parts of North America i.e. Canada or other parts of the world)? My curiousity arises from the fact that her upcoming Japanese release is titled "Best & USA" and other subtle signs like BoAAmerica.com and the fact that her album is up on Amazon Canada as an "import" item.
I'm sure her merchandise will be available to these other parts of the world, but of course through import (if not released domestically) which would defeat the purpose of many fan's "dreams" of being able to walk into a local music store to pick up her album for a decent price rather than import price (almost doubled on Amazon).

#18 Purple Neko

Purple Neko

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:22 PM

Does anyone know if the "Girls On Top" on BoA's US album is going to be in English?

#19 bokachu

bokachu

BoA News Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:24 PM

Does anyone know if the "Girls On Top" on BoA's US album is going to be in English?

We will know about it tomorrow after the Ritual nightclub :lol:

#20 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:27 PM

We will know about it tomorrow after the Ritual nightclub :lol:

Today and tomorrow are gonna drag on so slow -___- i realy do hope its in english it will be a nice surprise for fans of her korean work.

#21 Purple Neko

Purple Neko

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:31 PM

Okay thanks! I really hope it is in English because its my favorite song by her! o.o

#22 Uni

Uni

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru 's Enforcer >D

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:53 PM

Wouldn't it be ultra odd if they put GoT in Korean on a supposed U.S. Debut album xP

I'm pretty sure it'll be in English, otherwise, we're all gonna go double u tee eff

#23 vuong22

vuong22

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:57 PM

Wouldn't it be ultra odd if they put GoT in Korean on a supposed U.S. Debut album xP

I'm pretty sure it'll be in English, otherwise, we're all gonna go double u tee eff

haha ya it would but if they make a DELUEX of it will it have the GOT remix by brian kendy and the KR version?

#24 boafan_1

boafan_1

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:32 PM

I'm just entering this thread; so I don't know if it's been asked before.

But is it confirmed as to whether the album is to be released in Australia?

#25 Mister_Moon_

Mister_Moon_

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:09 PM

06. I see that BoA's rank is ### in the Rock category. Why is it in the Rock category?
------> Good question

Maybe it's because of "bôa".. the british rock band..

#26 daRon

daRon

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:17 PM

It wouldn't be odd at all.
It's actually common from a lot of foreign artist to have a song in their native language on their US albums.
But only like 1 or 2.

#27 heygingersnap

heygingersnap

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:33 PM

as a BoA fan, i think it would be pretty awesome!
but if i wasn't a BoA fan before this album, i'd probably be like... what the heck. XD

#28 Uni

Uni

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru 's Enforcer >D

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:39 PM

as a BoA fan, i think it would be pretty awesome!
but if i wasn't a BoA fan before this album, i'd probably be like... what the heck. XD

Yeah, that's my point xD New people picking up the album and don't know BoA might think she's singing Chinese (cause honestly, the MAJORITY of the time, people think anything Asian is Chinese).

#29 Purple Neko

Purple Neko

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:53 PM

It's actually common from a lot of foreign artist to have a song in their native language on their US albums.
But only like 1 or 2.

I still think it'd be weird for such a new US artist to do that. But maybe I'm just like this because I really don't want it in Korean xD

#30 miduhyo

miduhyo

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:30 PM

But only like 1 or 2.

I agree, there are plenty of artist that have had their native language big hit song on their debut album in another country, a lot of spanish artist do that and then there are a couple of german and well, i guess there are EVERY type everywhere! haha. but what i'm hoping for is that it'll be in English just because i'm SUPER-excited to hear it now. But what i'm thinking is, is that it'll be in Korean just because of that fact alone but who knows. i'm kind of mumbling right now because i'm watching the Cosby Show (that i totally LOVE) and typing at the same time. haha. Anyway, the fact being is that i'm excited for it to be in English but it could just as equally be possible its in Korean,

Or maybe they're trying to purposely get all of us BoA fans excited and anticipating all of this just so we'll go out and buy the album a lot quicker then just thinking "Oh well, i get to it on Saturday instead of right now.." (just as an example) haha. that would be mean! :hug:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users