28 replies to this topic

#1 LuV2U

LuV2U

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:44 AM

i just starting to listen some of Japanese Divas, well except for BoA of course (already a fan of her^^ )
i got curios with Namie Amuro - Wild
after seeing her coca cola ad 9i know...so so so so late...)

can any of you guys recomend her songs that is worth listening? i only got 4 seasons and wild at the time^^

preferebly around the dance genre and if its a ballad maybe like 4 seasons type of music?

#2 keepsgettinbetter

keepsgettinbetter

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:43 AM

just get her new BEST FICTION album, as well as PLAY. You might like Queen of Hip Pop too.

#3 Junichiro

Junichiro

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:52 AM

'PLAY' is definitely a solid choice to get hooked on her stuff. My first listen on her work was 'Hide & Seek' from her 'PLAY' album, and it totally got me hooked onto her stuff.

Her music is very... Britney-esque? It's very enjoyable to listen to ~ she may not have an amazing singing voice, but her dance-styled albums are very entertaining and kind of like guilty-pleasure for the ears, I think XD

#4 kireisnowtenshi

kireisnowtenshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:14 PM

I wouldnt say her music is anything Britney related. Especially with what Britney has recently recorded and released.

I'd say anything from Namie post Suite Chic era is good to go.

Anything before that I tend to say away from. Best Dance Collection and before that...

So that means the period starting with the only Suite Chic album to So Crazy to QoHP to Play...and if you wanna get it all in one Best Fiction is the way to go.

You cant really go wrong. You'll find something from Namie that you are attracted to.

#5 Lionclaw

Lionclaw

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:13 PM

i've always found "speed star" and "put em up" her best songs.

#6 Seridowen

Seridowen

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:31 PM

Even if it's old, I really like her song "Can you celebrate?". It's a beautiful ballad ^^!

#7 e n v i i

e n v i i

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:03 PM

Best Fiction and PLAY are good starter albums. You're bound to find something you like by her, since she's very versatile.

Also, she did a song called "BLACK DIAMOND" with singer DOUBLE; that's a pretty awesome song. And the PV is cute. ^^

#8 BoAlover13

BoAlover13

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:46 PM

Best Fiction and PLAY are good starter albums. You're bound to find something you like by her, since she's very versatile.

Also, she did a song called "BLACK DIAMOND" with singer DOUBLE; that's a pretty awesome song. And the PV is cute. ^^

Black Diamond! aHHH! Even thought thats not her song i still list that as one of like her top 5 best songs ever, cuz she sings the chorus ( THE BEST PART!) but yeah Best fiction prob is the best choice or her , ' 60's,70's80's" single, is a fantastic single all throught ( esp. with the dvd)!!!

#9 miduhyo

miduhyo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:49 PM

I agree with everyone else. Best Fiction is (just like the title says) is a BEST album of a lot of the stuff she's done in past years. but i'd go for a PLAY and Queen of Hip Pop, definitely watch some of her tours, she's a really good performer even though she doesn't smile all that much during performances, but thats just to keep a 'tough and cool' approach. WILD is such a good song so look out for her single coming out on the 18th i think. and she looks absolutely HOT on the cover for the WILD single.

www.a-nation.org is a great site to use for ANY J-pop download and on the front page they use the cover for Wild and you can see how hot she looks :P

#10 lovelisax3

lovelisax3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

my favorite album is PLAY, so you should totally check that out.

and my favorite songs are WHAT A FEELING, WILD, do Me More, Sexy girl, ROCK STEADY, FUNKY TOWN, Baby don't cry, CAN'T EAT, CAN'T SLEEP, I'M SICK, Violet Sauce, WANT ME WANT ME, and WoWa.

sorry if that was too much. :P

#11 LuV2U

LuV2U

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:48 PM

just get her new BEST FICTION album, as well as PLAY. You might like Queen of Hip Pop too.

okay, will do that in a few minutes^^ thanks^^

'PLAY' is definitely a solid choice to get hooked on her stuff. My first listen on her work was 'Hide & Seek' from her 'PLAY' album, and it totally got me hooked onto her stuff.

Her music is very... Britney-esque? It's very enjoyable to listen to ~ she may not have an amazing singing voice, but her dance-styled albums are very entertaining and kind of like guilty-pleasure for the ears, I think XD

actually after i checked WILD i start lurking for her other stuff and "Hide & Seek" caught me up too. i think maybe not britney-ish. more of a ...gwen steffanie kinda stuff?? still not m uch knowledge about her.^^; thanks for the recommendation :P

I wouldnt say her music is anything Britney related. Especially with what Britney has recently recorded and released.

I'd say anything from Namie post Suite Chic era is good to go.

Anything before that I tend to say away from. Best Dance Collection and before that...

So that means the period starting with the only Suite Chic album to So Crazy to QoHP to Play...and if you wanna get it all in one Best Fiction is the way to go.

You cant really go wrong. You'll find something from Namie that you are attracted to.

ahh yes2 she somehow have this oh so cool,unaproachable yet seducing kinda aura around her~ and im regreting why i havent give her music a try before ^^;
im trying Suite Chic now. thank you^^

Black Diamond! aHHH! Even thought thats not her song i still list that as one of like her top 5 best songs ever, cuz she sings the chorus ( THE BEST PART!) but yeah Best fiction prob is the best choice or her , ' 60's,70's80's" single, is a fantastic single all throught ( esp. with the dvd)!!!

ahhh Black Diamond is not her song?? i thought the Singer Double was her featur artist ^^; but that song is also good for my first timer ear. the PV too

I agree with everyone else. Best Fiction is (just like the title says) is a BEST album of a lot of the stuff she's done in past years. but i'd go for a PLAY and Queen of Hip Pop, definitely watch some of her tours, she's a really good performer even though she doesn't smile all that much during performances, but thats just to keep a 'tough and cool' approach. WILD is such a good song so look out for her single coming out on the 18th i think. and she looks absolutely HOT on the cover for the WILD single.

www.a-nation.org is a great site to use for ANY J-pop download and on the front page they use the cover for Wild and you can see how hot she looks :)

yes! her dance move is awesome! its so precise and swift yet...arrgh! im loving the WILD PV!!

my favorite album is PLAY, so you should totally check that out.

and my favorite songs are WHAT A FEELING, WILD, do Me More, Sexy girl, ROCK STEADY, FUNKY TOWN, Baby don't cry, CAN'T EAT, CAN'T SLEEP, I'M SICK, Violet Sauce, WANT ME WANT ME, and WoWa.

sorry if that was too much. :P

thank you dear for your recommendations^^ i've check some of them. and yes, im hooked :P

waaaww, thanks guys for your help! it help a lot moree^^ you guys rock! :lol: :) :) :D :P

#12 The Real CZ

The Real CZ

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:04 PM

"Come" is my second favorite song of hers (Wild is my favorite.) It's somewhere inbetween a mid-tempo and a ballad song.

If you don't mind collabs, check out m-flo loves Amuro Namie - Luvotomy. I really love this song, and it's what made me a Namie fan.

#13 RisingSunRocks

RisingSunRocks

fan of BoA and DBSK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:06 PM

you can check out this old song of hers, I find it quite good:

Respect the power of love

#14 boafan_1

boafan_1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:49 PM

YES~ The ultimate Namie fan comes to convert ^^ Lol.

Albums (If you like a more modern, R&B/Hip Pop taste)
- BEST FICTION (Everything but Want Me, Want Me ^^)
- PLAY (FUNKY TOWN, Violet Sauce, Pink Key, Baby Don't Cry, Can't Sleep, Can't Eat, I'm Sick, Full Moon, Hide And Seek, etc.)

Albums (If you like a more poppy-core/old ballad style)
- Sweet 19 Blues
- Concentration 20
- Genius 2000
- 18, 19, 20

Happy listening ^^ Hope to discuss about Namie with you in the future >.<

#15 keepsgettinbetter

keepsgettinbetter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:04 AM

Even if it's old, I really like her song "Can you celebrate?". It's a beautiful ballad ^^!

Is that the song where she goes "we will love long time"?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users