17 replies to this topic

#1 Hyunbin

Hyunbin

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:58 PM

personally, i believe LOOK WHO'S TALKING would have been more appropriate song to be BoA's second single
I Did It For Love is good... but it's just lacking a bit of 'oomph' if you know what i mean
LOOK WHO'S TALKING is so much more there and in your face
and would have been perfect to push the album
I Did It For Love has potential but i don't think it's as good as LOOK WHO'S TALKING

what are you guys' opinions?
we can only compare and discuss in terms in song and performance, because there is no video for LOOK WHO'S TALKING

#2 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:15 PM

I totally agree! And it's easier to sing LWT live because it has more breathing pauses. Plus, it just plain ROCKS, and you can hear BoA's actual voice! :thumbsup:

#3 boafan_1

boafan_1

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:28 PM

My friend finds IDIFL too robotic and it doesn't show the enough BoA talent and of course, 'oomph'.

Look Who's Talking is, I feel, more BoA-style and less Americanized - then the 'Best Of Asia' actually makes sense ^^

#4 miduhyo

miduhyo

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:31 PM

Wow. Actually i really like I Did It For Love, i think they used it as the single because it had Sean Garrett (sorry if i spelled it wrong) and he has a big name in the music industry so when it started playing and they saw the name Sean Garrett they probably thought people would listen to it more.

But on the other hand Look Who's Talking is such an american song. You know EVERYONE at some point is going around being like "DAMN, I'M GOOD!" haha. I've done that so many times. And when i'm feeling like that or when i'm feeling like i wanna punch someone in the face, that's usually the song i turn to now! So to tell the truth i'm undecideful, both of the songs are great and fun to listen too. its a little hard to sing to I did it for love. (I,I,I,I, Did it, Did it, Did it, for love) but its sexy! and Look Who's Talking is the In Your Face song.

Really both of them are good and are good to perform and listen to. But I'd probably take away with I Did it For Love even though she looks so sexy during the "You know that you did me wrong" part haha. And go with Look Who's Talking. Best of Asia, you know?

Edited by miduhyo, 14 March 2009 - 11:32 PM.

#5 Elusion

Elusion

Nubberstatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:00 AM

LWT has a better punch and beat to dance/sing to.
Furthermore it's not really about love, so..a perfect song to show her attitude since it's a debut album.
Goodluck man. I've got a feeling she's gonna be doing quite well in US with these promotions.
Hope to get some news of her over in Singapore though..I will be super excited..the feeling's jsut so different when watching her on Singapore's TV. Haha.

#6 kuremi

kuremi

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:00 AM

Indeed, LWT has more "oomph", but I think IDIFL has better "hit" potential if you know what I mean.
It has an awesome beat, and is easy to sing along to (ie. the choruses XD).

I don't know, I do love both songs. But in my opinion IDIFL is a pretty good choice for a 2nd single.

#7 AyuLuv90

AyuLuv90

日本 ♥ 한국 ♥ Việt Nam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:01 AM

i like I DID IT FOR LOVE more than LOOK WHO'S TALKING :P

#8 4761922860

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:02 AM

i think both are really good songs and i thnk both songs have a good potential to be a single :P

#9 - liya

- liya

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:12 AM

DOUBLE A SINGLE haha

Love them both but Look Who's Talking sounds a tad better live. The studio version of IDIFL is betetr though.

Edited by - liya, 15 March 2009 - 06:13 AM.

#10 SO.UNCOOL™

SO.UNCOOL™

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:20 AM

"I Did It For Love" is a better 2nd single.
It has more hit potential, & the chorus is so catchy that it will stick like glue hours after you've listened to it. Its perfect for radio.

#11 keepsgettinbetter

keepsgettinbetter

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:25 AM

"I Did It For Love" is a better 2nd single.
It has more hit potential, & the chorus is so catchy that it will stick like glue hours after you've listened to it. Its perfect for radio.

Ditto. Plus, I doubt BoA and her team could top the IDIFL choreography for a LWT video.

#12 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:48 AM

IDIFL is catchier, no doubt.
I think it's a better song, but Look Who's Talking has better stage choreography and it sounds better live IMO.
I still like IDIFL more though. xD

#13 aliks

aliks

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:34 AM

I Did It For Love for sure

Look Who's Talking is a nice pop track, but its lacking edginess - which brought artists like Lady Gaga up to the scene.

I Did It For Love appeals to a wider audience - I can't see a club playing Look Who's Talking - and SM doesn't seem to commission the right djs / producers either... so it probably wouldn't dent a single chart. Plus US artists hardly perform anymore anyways (for those who are saying LWT is a better track to perform live). Also we've only seen one live performance of IDIFL - I don't think we can make a judgement according to that one performance.

Edited by aliks, 15 March 2009 - 08:35 AM.

#14 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:59 AM

I did it for love is 10x more addicting then Look whos talking, LWT just sounds like another boring britney spears song. Whyll IDIFL is a song you can dance to and it is highly addicting. Im glad they decided to scrap LWT for the second single.

#15 BoAlover13

BoAlover13

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:43 PM

I totally agree! And it's easier to sing LWT live because it has more breathing pauses. Plus, it just plain ROCKS, and you can hear BoA's actual voice! :P

I lik both a lot but im kinda already sick of " IDIFL!" ad btw i love you sig!!! Im always joking with my mom, it's not st. patricks day it's BoA's day! So move over dude!!! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users