29 replies to this topic

#1 e n v i i

e n v i i

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:31 AM

(I apologize to the staff if this is in the wrong place; I couldn't find a pre-existing thread and it didn't seem right to post it in the BoA album discussion thread. ^^;;; )

I was watching tv last night, and I thought of something cool. You know how on the CSI shows, at the beginning, they usually show a bunch of people in a club or something, and there's music playing? They usually use popular songs, and sometimes songs I've never heard.....well, what if they used BoA's songs?? All her US debut songs are danceable, and it'd be some good promotion for her, since the CSI franchise is at the top of the primetime ratings.

(Last week, CSI Miami brought in 14.12 million overall viewers, CSI: New York pulled in 13.52 million viewers, and CSI was first in overall viewers on Thursday with 16.96 million; it draws mostly the 18-35 crowd, but I know a lot of teens watch it too.)

Does anyone know how to contact SM and suggest he plug BoA's stuff on the CSI shows? Or even contact the CSI music-people? XD

Does anyone else know of any high-rated shows that BoA's music could be played on?

Again, apologies if this isn't supposed to be posted. :/

#2 BoAvrilrock

BoAvrilrock

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:41 AM

Well..Im not very sure about how to contact SM..the only way is probably to write in to them or email them I guess. >.< If not, requesting for BoA songs or blogging about BoA updates is definitely one of the small ways we can help to promote BoA. And not to forget posting her old songs and videos on sharing sites (especially yt!) and by word of mouth. ^_^

#3 miduhyo

miduhyo

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:45 AM

Anything for attention right now cause the album is dance-able haha.
Yeah, i'm not so sure about how to contact SM but through emails or lettering. Truthfully, go to the show that you want to have the music played and keep trying to contact them and then they can contact SM, SM would probably feel a little more pleased to do it since it was a request and not a beg to let BoA's song on the show. Get it? ^_^

#4 BoA* Shine!

BoA* Shine!

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:46 AM

I wish SM would try to get her songs onto movie soundtracks.
I can totally hear Did Ya on some action movie xD

I think the most we can do is try to buy her album, constantly call stores to ask if the album is in stock and see if they can order it to have them on shelves, ringtone!, and do what BoAvrilrock says.

I think BJJ could possibly do something? Since it's linked on her official site, see if us as a whole could get SM to put them up or something.

Members here put up song requesting sites for Eat You Up so we should continue doing that.

#5 keepsgettinbetter

keepsgettinbetter

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:48 AM

I doubt it would do much for her career, tbh. One time CSI played a song (Candy Coated Sugar Sex) by this girl called Kaila Yu, and well... it got her nowhere. The best thing to do is get a tie-in with a movie or TV show as their theme music; people always search for TV shows theme music.

#6 joyfulsmile

joyfulsmile

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:54 AM

Gossip Girl. Or to start smaller they could probably get her played on the godawful new 90210 show, but i'm not sure about the ratings for that one.

Edited by joyfulsmile, 17 March 2009 - 11:54 AM.

#7 korniceman3000

korniceman3000

Composer/Songwriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:11 PM

Gossip Girl. Or to start smaller they could probably get her played on the godawful new 90210 show, but i'm not sure about the ratings for that one.

That won't happen... Gossip Girl is under Warner Bros./Time Warner Productions which uses music from their sold off company Warner Music Group and all their major/indie label subsidiaries. BoA is distributed by Fontana which is a division of Universal Music Group which would be a direct conflict of interest with Time Warner. She'd be better off trying to get the single playing on radio and maybe trying to secure a distribution for a movie soundtrack or primary theme song for a major motion picture yet to be released. Most importantly, get radio airplay. That is the single most effective weapon in any artist arsenal...

#8 SwantonDiva

SwantonDiva

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:26 PM

Funny that someone brought this up...I'm a huge CSI fan [all three], and I was holding my breath that one night I'd hear "Eat You Up" or something! LOL
The new album almost sounds like it would be good on CSI Miami. It's just the vibe I get from listening to it.

#9 Uni

Uni

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru 's Enforcer >D

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:05 PM

I had another idea and I wish I thought of it sooner. Like ELF did (Super Junior fans) in Korea before the release of their album, they made their own posters advertising the 3rd album and posted it all over. Since BoA fans are everywhere, if we could agree on one poster design, print a couple ourselves, go to some stores that'll let us post it up, it's like free advertising for BoA :3

#10 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:11 PM

I had another idea and I wish I thought of it sooner. Like ELF did (Super Junior fans) in Korea before the release of their album, they made their own posters advertising the 3rd album and posted it all over. Since BoA fans are everywhere, if we could agree on one poster design, print a couple ourselves, go to some stores that'll let us post it up, it's like free advertising for BoA :3

Oh! I think that's a great idea! With all the BoAjjangers across the country, I'm sure we'd get at least SOME promotion :notworthy: We'd just need to get permission from stores or other places to hang them up (:

#11 Uni

Uni

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru 's Enforcer >D

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:00 PM

Yep! It's easy, I think. You can just make copies of the poster depending on how much you want to spend, i.e. $20.

And another way is to buy multiple copies and give it to friends and tell them to spread the word. One, it'll count towards sales, and two, it's a pretty much a dance album where you an dance to almost all the songs. So your friends can jam to it and spread the word that way if they have parties. I bought 5 albums off amazon and probably will buy more. I got 3 out of my 5 today and already gave away two to my friends. One of them just listened to it and she loves it.

The bonus to that is, she's a very socialize person and the kind of person who talks to random people in her class or campus, so she told me she'll help me spread out the word. Not only that, I also mentioned to her that if they want more information on BoA, to visit BoAjjang.com :notworthy:

--

If anyone is in for the poster thing, we can all work together in Member's Creation to create a poster for this purpose. But it might be a good idea to wait till the stores have the CDs first. I've been hearing a lot of people calling stores to make sure they have it, but the stores says they won't have it till Friday.

#12 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:04 PM

I have this random tidbit of information... not sure where it goes, but not major enough to start a topic... so I'll post it here (: Because it's sorta promotion related? but not album related.

Around December or so, I googled BoA, and her website came up at the bottom of the list. But now, she's second! only to Bank of America haha. Which means she's been getting searched more and more (:

Anyway, random bit of info.

#13 Mister_Moon_

Mister_Moon_

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:20 PM

I think that do a "request day" on the radio stations (mainly KISS and Z100) will be more effective... if we just keep asking and askin on the radios, it'll be played and will gain airplay.. and ppl will listen to it more often..

Just my opinion :notworthy:

#14 lesliedubu

lesliedubu

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:30 PM

If scream got into one of the Twilight soundtracks, LOL that would work

or if like
Niga-Higa
or the other asian youtube mega sensation guy

would just uh promote it

i mean that kid gets like a million views per video

and has ALOT of subscribers...

#15 liljoekim09

liljoekim09

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:04 AM

In regards to your idea:

That would be a smart marketing opportunity for BoA to get her media attention like that by her music being featured on Gossip Girls or CSI... but its also very challenging.

The very fact that SM is doing this themselves is a positive and negative thing. In an article I read earlier they were saying that BoA's going to have a hard time getting radio plays or promotions because the mere fact that radio stations and companies probably have not heard of "SM Entertainment". Whereas in Asia, SM Entertainment is as big as the big record companies are in the US.

I think give it time and people will slowly get there. Just like Lee Soo Man said, "without BoA there would be no SM". I believe that with BoA slowly making her success, SM will find success as well and find it easier to receive more opportunities in the US Entertainment business.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users