18 replies to this topic

#1 Kitsune

Kitsune

da quacky quackquack quack-master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:08 AM

im not really thinking about LOSING weight [86-94lbs o__O] i'm more so looking to well.. get decently toned!

i need help staying in shape!
can someone give me tips?

I don't have a gym membership and i don't plan on getting one at this moment in time.
[eventually i will! I REALLY WANT TO!]

what are good health and exercising tips!?
more so.. what is your routine?

and no. typing and clicking on the computer doesn't count. :ph34r:

anywho....
just curious to what works for you and what i can do!

height :: 4'9
weight:: 86-94lbs

help help!! :]

[edit]
woops i forgot to specify what unit of measure my weight was!! rawrr. xD it must have made me look uber gigantor for a second :|.

Edited by Jerrister, 25 March 2009 - 02:21 AM.

#2 Raul

Raul

Thunder Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:19 AM

Height: 5'5
Weight: 50-60

:D

yo! i'm eating 3 times a day XD.... and lately, i'm having a lot of snacks T__T now, my face got rounder and rounder..

I do exercises xD

Curl ups for stomach
Squat - this one, i got this from Zack/Cloud from Final Fantasy :D I copied it XD i sometimes go crazy like i'm in haste
jogging while listening to "automatic by Utada Hikaru" :ph34r:

so yeah... you need to maintain it... your routine...

#3 Kitsune

Kitsune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:22 AM

ahaha i like that idea raul! "think video game it will get you somewhere" yea.. thats probably my troubles.. staying on a routine.. when i was on the tennis team it wasnt hard. i played everyday so i naturally stayed fairly toned. and in shape.. xD

#4 Raul

Raul

Thunder Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:28 AM

i sometimes get off the routine.. like if i stayed long in the office.. my time would be messed up and would skip doing exercises for me not to be late T__T

hey, i even do exercises here at work if i'm getting dizzy :ph34r:

hmm.. how bout asking your friends to exercise with you... that would be fun :D

#5 RisingSunRocks

RisingSunRocks

fan of BoA and DBSK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:47 AM

Vary your exercise routine :ph34r: if you keep sticking to one,. your body will get use to it and eventually will not have much help.

Diet plays a huge role, eat the balance diet-eat 5 times a day, but small portions.

Exercise-simple ones at first, before you do the more advance ones.
example: sit up/crutches-stomach
push ups-hands

I'm sure that you can find many on google :D

do simple things that will help you on the side to lose little by little:
- never sit after a meal
- drink green tea, it helps!
- eat chili! sounds strange, but it does help :D

oh yeah, my routine? monday,wednesday, friday I hit the gym and hit all the machines, everything!! tuesday-I actually hit the dance floor at home with an extreme of about 23 dances. I rest on saturday. Thursday I go to my friend's house to hit her pool ^_^ but, I always have another alternative plan

good luck!

Edited by RisingSunRocks, 25 March 2009 - 02:50 AM.

#6 Raul

Raul

Thunder Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:51 AM

a google search result:

Tips for Exercise Success

Swimming, cycling, jogging, skiing, aerobic dancing, walking or any of dozens of other activities can help your heart. They all cause you to feel warm, perspire and breathe heavily without being out of breath and without feeling any burning sensation in your muscles. Whether it is a structured exercise program or just part of your daily routine, all exercise adds up to a healthier heart.
Here are some tips for exercise success:

If you've been sedentary for a long time, are overweight, have a high risk of coronary heart disease or some other chronic health problem, see your doctor for a medical evaluation before beginning a physical activity program.

Choose activities that are fun, not exhausting. Add variety. Develop a repertoire of several activities that you can enjoy. That way, exercise will never seem boring or routine.

Wear comfortable, properly fitted footwear and comfortable, loose-fitting clothing appropriate for the weather and the activity.

Find a convenient time and place to do activities. Try to make it a habit, but be flexible. If you miss an exercise opportunity, work activity into your day another way.

Use music to keep you entertained.

Surround yourself with supportive people. Decide what kind of support you need. Do you want them to remind you to exercise? Ask about your progress? Participate with you regularly or occasionally? Allow you time to exercise by yourself? Go with you to a special event, such as a 10K walk/run? Be understanding when you get up early to exercise? Spend time with the children while you exercise? Try not to ask you to change your exercise routine? Share your activity time with others. Make a date with a family member, friend or co-worker. Be an active role model for your children.

Don't overdo it. Do low- to moderate-level activities, especially at first. You can slowly increase the duration and intensity of your activities as you become more fit. Over time, work up to exercising on most days of the week for 30-60 minutes.

Keep a record of your activities. Reward yourself at special milestones. Nothing motivates like success!

^ i love the music one :ph34r: Utada Hikaru keeps me working hard honestly XD

#7 digitalkokoro

digitalkokoro

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:38 AM

Currently I'm:
Weight: 144
Height: 5'7"

I used to be more in shape last year, but hey...winter came! And so did my Grandma. lols
Ok, I just got lectured on this BIG TIME at the gym when I joined.

MOST IMPORTANT: WEIGHT TRAINING
Weight training helps to build lean muscle. It is best to begin lifting weights (1-3lbs.)/resistance training, and you will begin shedding pounds like nothing. Muscle burns more fat than just doing cardio. You can also change this up with things like Yoga + Pilates. DO NOT LOSE WEIGHT BEFORE BEGINNING WEIGHT TRAINING.

MODERATELY IMPORTANT: DIET
It is best to eat THREE 400-600 calorie meals a day along with TWO 100-200 calorie snacks. The right diet will help you while working out, and help your metabolism to speed up. Fast metabolism = fast weight loss. It's best to begin eating every four hours; meal > snack > meal > snack etc.

LEAST IMPORTANT BUT STILL A PRIORITY: CARDIO
E.G. Running, Treadmill, Biking, Jumping Jacks, Kickboxing, etc. Cardio helps to build your heart rate. Things like climbing the stairs/bending over will be easier. It is best to do weight training more than cardio as losing weight solely from cardio = looking flabby. You will not look toned.

You DO NOT need to join a gym to lose weight. Try jogging around your block daily, helping with the groceries and substituting weights with soup cans/water bottles. You may also want to pick up DVDS or check your cable provider for a fitness channel (FIT TV, OnDemand). ;]

Also online:
http://www.womenshealthmag.com/
http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/

Hope I helped! =-)

Edited by digitalkokoro, 25 March 2009 - 09:39 AM.

#8 Kitsune

Kitsune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:38 AM

wooww okay ya'll are getting me pumped :ph34r: . with my debu [18th birthday] coming up in 6 months and summer around the corner.. well yeah i want a good experience! :|..

so for weight training i assume i should do less weight more reps? considering i want to get toned instead of ripped [ripped girl? gross] xD..

i never knew that weight training was more important than cardio! wow.. so i need to try a variety of things to keep me in shape.. alright lets see.. i'm gonna post of my routines on here.. just to make sure i'm doing it right.

more advice!! :].

#9 Nikki

Nikki

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:47 PM

I actually disagree a little bit with the weight training thing being the most important, to an extent. To be most effective, you must do both cardio and weight training. Why? You want to both burn fat and build muscle at the same time, not build muscle and take fat off later, which is considerably more difficult to do.

So.. I recommend that you do circuit training, which is essentially both. Do a few minutes of cardio and follow that up by a few minutes of strength training with weights, focusing on different areas of the body, and then go back and forth. When you do your training with the weights, also make sure to incorporate other parts of the body. For example: Instead of just doing arm curls, why not add a lunge with those arm curls? You'll burn more calories and you'll work the muscles in your legs in addition to the muscles in your arms.

If you spend at least 30 minutes everyday doing something like this, you'll be in pretty amazing shape. For help getting used to the idea of circuit training, I'd suggest getting Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred or her Ultimate Body Make Over. The 30 Day Shred is three, 25 minute workouts, of different levels - all circuit training. The ultimate body make over is two videos - one to burn fat and boost metabolism, and the other to work out different muscles of the body. These are both about an hour long, but let me tell you.. you absolutely cannot go wrong with either set of videos. She used to be overweight, so she knows what works.. and.. they can be hard, but it is so worth it. She's cut pretty well, and all the people she's trained end up looking quite nicely toned [or well on their way to it] once she's through with them.

And, in general, I would also recommend Pilates. :ph34r:

Anyway -- Stay hydrated. Drink as much water as you can because it will keep you feeling good throughout an intense workout, it helps flush out your system and it's just good if you want to stay in shape. I would stay away from soda, sugary juices and other sorts of drinks like that. They'll only hurt you in the long run.

Caloric management is important, but a caloric routine, of course, varies from person to person. I would highly advise talking to a nutritionist before jumping into the calorie-thing. Because, honestly, what works for one person may not work for another person. With all due respect to the poster who gave you that advice, you have a different body and you will ultimately have a different work out than she does. I mean.. if your body isn't used to working out so intensely, you may burn more calories which means you may need to ingest more calories to stay energized. Or maybe you'll need to take in LESS calories per day. It really varies from person to person, so I advise talking to a doctor before engaging in something that might do your body more harm than good.

#10 lil_dan814

lil_dan814

Teh Major Fail League President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:59 PM

Vary your exercise routine :D if you keep sticking to one,. your body will get use to it and eventually will not have much help.
- eat chili! sounds strange, but it does help :D

It's true, you need to switch up daily, that way you put less strain on each part of your body, and your body does not get a chance to adapt to your routine.

Eating spicy food helps as long as it's spicy to you. this only works well because spices induce the habit of drinking more fluids (aka WATER) naking you more full and eating less.

Diet is importan, so make sure you get enough fibers as well to help with digestion. Also, apples are high in fiber and makes you chew a lot, which tricks your mind into thinking that you are fuller than you really are.

Snacking is actually good for you. It keeps your metabolism going because your body is trying to process all that extra food to convert it to energy. Eating less throughout the day randomly (keep to a schedule if possible) because your body will wonder when it will be fed, and in turn will store the food you ate earlier because it's trying to conserve energy just in case.

Technically, you should eat three medium meals a day, and snack small three times a day in between each meal. Also drink lots of water (8 glasses is recommended)

:ph34r: Good Luck!

#11 meemimi

meemimi

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:03 PM

I suggest morning exercise ^_^ not only it will help you stay healthy but keeps you awake for the day. !!!Don't go alone, go with a friend or a group, this will keep you from being lazy and skip :D!!!!!! (this really DOES help! ^_^ there are days that i woke up, it was cold and i was really tired but we started calling each other/making waking calls/forced each other to get up and run :ph34r: )
don't skip breakfast, but if you do run in the morning, you'll feel like eating anyway ^^
drink water

My exercise routine:
Mon-Fri
6am-7am: Jog with friends
after jogging: few exercises like crunches/squat/pushups/......, light weight lifting
breakfast

I don't drink anything besides water. I trained myself to drink alot water couple years back now my body is used to it and now its calling for water all the time :D

heigh: 5'7
weight: 112lb

Edited by meemimi, 25 March 2009 - 01:05 PM.

#12 Kitsune

Kitsune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:16 PM

WOW! I wish i had done this sooner! I'm going to the beach tomorrow xD. I'm f'sho gonna start now haha. i'll just start a routine right now see where i can get with it. i want it to be enjoyable to me. i wish i could bring out friends early in the morning for a jog. but then i have class. high school still!! almost done!! i figure start young so that its habitual in the future :].

#13 meemimi

meemimi

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:24 PM

if you have a group of friends with you it WILL be enjoyable! :ph34r: its like hanging out early in the morning :D
dont let high school stops you ^_^
I have friend who's still in high school and we go 5:30 in the morning ^^, because school starts at 7:30. Its early, but so far noone missed for more than a day :D

#14 chiyomusic4

chiyomusic4

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:01 PM

if you have a group of friends with you it WILL be enjoyable! :) its like hanging out early in the morning :unsure:
dont let high school stops you =/
I have friend who's still in high school and we go 5:30 in the morning ^^, because school starts at 7:30. Its early, but so far noone missed for more than a day :P

Do thins that keep you moving and are fun...thats the best way because your more likely to stick to it

#15 Kitsune

Kitsune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:51 PM

ahh. i don't have a lot of friends that are willing to wake up early so that could be a problem x|.. plus im the only one who drives and they all live farr :|. i cant exactly run to them cause its FAR. xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users