Photo

The Unedited Eat You Up Music Video ("American" Version)

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#46 Tyler

Tyler

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:38 AM

Can we please just say "with the dude", and eliminate the racist "white dude" remark? Thank you.

haha! why would it be racist? he IS white.
just the same as someone seeing BoA and saying that "asian chick".

it is a FACT that he is indeed white.

---------------------

anywho, the blonde wig woulda looked better on her if it weren't so fake looking, darker, and it was put on properly.

Edited by Tyler, 21 April 2009 - 09:39 AM.

#47 Sakura_Bunny_Chan

Sakura_Bunny_Chan

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:20 AM

Yeah the blonde was totally random. The fact that the color was blonde isn't what threw me off so much. It was the style of the wig and the sequin suit. It was like... Nancy Drew at the rave. o_o Definitely was a Britney Spears thing...

I did like the guy scenes more in this one especially when BoA grabs onto his shirt. <3 She looked great there. =D

#48 aliks

aliks

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:27 AM

Some nice shots here and there but overall was kinda atrocious
The dancers looked awful here too

Sigh I feel bad for SM for having to put up with this! All that money could have been put to good promo!

#49 korniceman3000

korniceman3000

Composer/Songwriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:40 AM

More wasted money....

#50 Nikki

Nikki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:43 AM

haha! why would it be racist? he IS white.
just the same as someone seeing BoA and saying that "asian chick".

it is a FACT that he is indeed white.

In the post that she's referencing, the person says that they "did not like the part where she with the white dude." Which does come off as somewhat unsavory.

Anyway.. I thought the blonde wig was really cute. I think she could totally pull off that sort of look if she wanted. Maybe not with that outfit or for this video, but I think it looks adorable on her.

Also, I think the aggression worked with the video. The lyrics themselves are fairly aggressive "You've got to be the finest thing in history/I'll eat you up/If you move any closer, boy, there's no guarantee what I'll do to you/I wanna take you to my room" and so on. The song is not so subtle about what she wants, so I think the moves she pulled were fine.

But.. oh, well. It seems like it's nearly impossible to please the majority of her fans, so.. good luck, BoA. :/

Edited by Nikki, 21 April 2009 - 10:44 AM.

#51 e n v i i

e n v i i

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:56 AM

wth was with the blonde wig? For a moment I thought it segued into a Lady Gaga video. O____o

I love BoA's dancing, and there wasn't as much dancing in this video, so it loses points with me. XD I didn't like the shots with BoA's hair pulled up...she looked like Crystal Kay (who I love, but this is a BoA video). She looked hawt in the other shots. I'm glad the weird snow fx are gone though.

Eh, it's not horrible. Just not appealing enough to me.

#52 Tyler

Tyler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:58 AM

In the post that she's referencing, the person says that they "did not like the part where she with the white dude." Which does come off as somewhat unsavory.

but they still didnt mean it in a racist way.

so it isnt racist.

Edited by Tyler, 25 April 2009 - 09:29 PM.

#53 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:26 PM

But.. oh, well. It seems like it's nearly impossible to please the majority of her fans, so.. good luck, BoA. :/

o_O The American Eat You Up video is the only one I see that has not pleased the majority of her fans..
So 2/3 of her officially released videos (Diane Martel's EYU, Cha's EYU, Joseph Kahn's IDIFL) have pleased the fans. >.>
When Cha's version and Kahn's I Did It For Love videos came out, the majority liked them.
No one said anything critical about the Look Who's Talking one either..

#54 Envy

Envy

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:38 PM

I honestly WTF'd at the blonde wig. Are they playing with the Britney of Asia idea? 'Cause that was WAY TOO LITERAL, hahaha. This was honestly not good enough to be a music video on its own but it was a really entertaining almost "deleted scenes footage as a music video" video.

#55 *mij*

*mij*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:52 PM

I think it's fun to see all the different versions are comming out, without edit, with extra edit, with wig, with extra long shots of the hot boy.
gives more the impression how many shoot BoA did actually took for the video, that we all haven't seen before!
there's so much more we don't know =)

#56 Sal

Sal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:24 PM

I'm going to have nightmares tonight :[

Edit:// Suppose I should be more productive with this so..XD

The wig thing.....*shudder*

We already know she was uncomfortable with the guy and that completely showed. And yeah why is she shoving him around? XD

Never watching that again. omg The final version was the final for a reason, I see @[email protected]

Edited by Sal, 21 April 2009 - 01:32 PM.

#57 Seridowen

Seridowen

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:30 PM

I honestly WTF'd at the blonde wig. Are they playing with the Britney of Asia idea? 'Cause that was WAY TOO LITERAL, hahaha. This was honestly not good enough to be a music video on its own but it was a really entertaining almost "deleted scenes footage as a music video" video.

I totally agree with you XD! I was like WTF O_O;; when I saw the blond wig too, it was just soo random XD ! I didn't really like the shots where she was kneeling down with her hair all tightly pulled up... :thumbsup:.

HOWEVER, it was pretty entertaining as a "deleted scenes footage as a music video" thing like you said. XD

#58 BoAFriend

BoAFriend

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:50 PM

There were a lot of random shots and moments that were hot (mainly the ones of her hair blowing all over the place). And wow I can definitely see why they didn't show full shots of her in that skimpy dominatrix outfit; My jaw dropped when I saw that - not gonna lie - BoA looked bomb, but...it's just not who she is. I bet Lee Soo Man finally thought it was too much and asked them to use only head shots.

And am I the only one who thought the blonde wig wasn't THAT bad? She actually looked good with it on for a few second or so....but gotta admit it was way too goofy.

#59 Joshorty

Joshorty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:40 PM

Ok question - how did this get leaked?!?!

And my likes and dislikes

POSITIVE:
-BoA is HOT HOT HOT
Just with her hair and her face is enough to be sexy in my opinion - she doesn't need to show any skin! I honestly don't like her new haircut (not to say I hate it 'cause I still love it) compare to this. But I Did It For Love proved me wrong otherwise. But still with this hair, BoA is GORGEOUS.
-the Choreography
It so suits this song and I love its complexity (I did not say I'm comparing with the other one just to note)

GAH I can not stress the beauty in BoA in this version! I just had to take compile my fav shots in one pic!
Posted Image
*as for the last pic - I know it's the same but it's my favourite part still until today since I saw the teaser

NEGATIVE:
-the plainess of it but like the title said, it's unedited so don't expect much
- the blonde wig (though I admit it had its own moments)
- I never liked her with the ponytail from the first time I saw this - and I had no idea she was wearing that kind of clothing

Conclusion:

I believed in this version but it just needed better editing and better effects. I really agree with what Mashimaro-san said. This has a great American appeal-ish feeling. MAN it feels like I'm knowing Eat You Up all over again!!! Too bad the final version didn't include these shots :thumbsup:

Edited by Joshorty, 21 April 2009 - 03:45 PM.

#60 Suzukaze Maikaru

Suzukaze Maikaru

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:48 PM

The blonde was a pleasent surprise for me actually.

she kind of looks like Zhang Ziyi for a moment there
I am happy they still stuck to use the Korean version as the official video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users