Photo

Favorite comic/manga based movie? Least favorite?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Isabella89

Isabella89

Clarissa = future pin-up artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:58 PM

What is your favorite movie that's based off of a comic? Which one do you think is as good as or does justice to the original or which one do you just like the most.

Cutie Honey is definitely one of my favorites though I have never read the manga so I don't know how well it's done. I really think the movie Spawn was absolutely amazing, though I've also never read the original. Last Quarter was also a really great movie! I thought it would be stupid but I loved it. I think the best one is probably 30 Days of Night. That was much better than the comic, which I found hard to get into.

As far as animated versions go I really liked the Revolutionary Girl Utena movie and Wonder Woman movie (though I only have a few issues).

Iron Man and Daredevil were also really great and fun but I don't read the series so I don't know if they did justice to the product.

As far as movies that were dissappointing I'de say The new Batman movies. While I liked the bad guys in both the new ones just felt really dull and overrated. I liked Adam west and Michael Keaton did amazing though. Christian Bale is a good actor but the new ones are so dull and dissappointing. The x-men ones were also really dissappointing. Halle Berry is a terrrrrrible terrrrrrrible actress. She never fails dissappoint me. Anna Paquin is brilliant but her rogue was not very good (though I think it's the writers fault). The only x-men movie I did like was the last. The Dark Phoenix was totally different looking from the comic but really nicely done.

Edited by Isabella89, 20 July 2009 - 07:31 PM.

#2 jacq*

jacq*

[jacqthaG]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,241 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:48 PM

I really liked Hana Kimi though the manga is 10000000x better but that's usually always the case though it is subjective.

I also liked um Lolita, the movie that was from a book. It was so pretty but then again it might be because I really loved the book that I am compelled to say that I love the movie as well lol.

#3 daphatnguyen

daphatnguyen

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:07 PM

Death Note movies, even though they were not as good as the anime, I still loved them aha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users