153 replies to this topic

#76 lovelisax3

lovelisax3

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:20 PM

Did any one heard the words "Boajjang" Mentioned in the song? I Did!! :P Listen again and u will hear he sing something... BoAjjang!

i think your mistaking it with "BoA-chan" :D

from [email protected]

she mentions eating with champagne and then says " together with BoA-chan yeah yeah (*** ***, let's party) " ^^

#77 Lexi

Lexi

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:49 PM

Why can't BoA be this relaxed during her American performances? :D

The PV itself was all right, the song was decent. Unfortunately, nothing too special. The choreography is probably the best part about the whole PV, and her hair suits this image very well.

BoA's outfit in this PV, however, leaves much to be desired. Houndstooth overkill? :P Just one statement piece would have been great. I suppose they needed her to stand out in the dark camera work.

Edited by Lexi, 04 October 2009 - 03:49 PM.

#78 4761922860

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:00 PM

Ok...surprisingly this MV's budget looked as low as Energetic and Eat You Up.
Second, she looked ridiculous when she was rapping with that guy.
Third, I mentioned this before, but another dance video?
Fourth, the song is OK. It doesn't do anything, it just sits there. I like Control better lol.
Fifth, her hair is really nice.

I think I'm in the point where...BoA's dancing is just dancing. It's not great...it's not awesome...it's just dancing. Does anyone else feel they're over saturated with BoA's dancing???

EDIT: Sixth, I do not understand why everyone is so excited. Is it cuz she's back in Japan?

Edited by 4761922860, 04 October 2009 - 04:07 PM.

#79 보아짱!

보아짱!

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:19 PM

I love this PV!
Its better than I expected.
& Boa looks like she's having fun ^^

I hope she performs this song on Music Station!

Edited by 보아짱!, 04 October 2009 - 04:20 PM.

#80 torukun2

torukun2

BoA's Footstool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:52 PM

The PV's alright. I like the song more than the PV though. The suit doesn't do it for me, but thankfully the catchy song makes up for that. Also, her hair looks great. I like it short, it's a refreshing change from her long hair.

The masks are so weird... Lol.

Yeah, I would have to agree with this. Although it was probably more than Energetic. Energetic was just plain bad.

Haha, yeah, well BoA can't really rap and put on attitude. But her facial expressions were cute throughout the PV.

#81 LionAngel

LionAngel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:08 PM

a bit better than energetic mv.. imo
BoA looks cool here.. although hmmm i guess it'll take a while
for me to get used to the song. i find the rapping part a bit lame though.
well at least she looks pretty

Edited by LionAngel, 04 October 2009 - 05:12 PM.

#82 juxi

juxi

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:20 PM

Third, I mentioned this before, but another dance video?
Fourth, the song is OK. It doesn't do anything, it just sits there. I like Control better lol.
Fifth, her hair is really nice.

I think I'm in the point where...BoA's dancing is just dancing. It's not great...it's not awesome...it's just dancing. Does anyone else feel they're over saturated with BoA's dancing???

EDIT: Sixth, I do not understand why everyone is so excited. Is it cuz she's back in Japan?

I agree! I think the song is... well, I don't like it. AT ALL. I think that there's just too much going around that it gives me a headache. And it just sounds too cluttered. I don't know... The song I am kind of looking forward to is the White Wishes(?) one.

And yes, I completely agree with the dancing bit. I love BoA dancing, but I'm kind of sick of it. What's the point of releasing songs with cool dance-moves when the song itself is so... what's the word(s)? Not cool? =X Bad Drive was cool. The dancing actually made the song. But BUMP BUMP? Sorry to Verbal, as I am a fan, but what the crap is this?! Love Bug was AWESOME....

I really wish she'd collaborate with the people who brought her good music like from her Valenti to L&H days. Those were some good days. And yeah, you can say, "Oh, BoA's just maturing, and taking her music another direction." Well, I don't like this "new" direction they're going at all. And you guys can tell me, "Then stop coming over here and complaining." But as a fan, why can't I express my discontent? I'm not going to sit here and just gush about her awesome-ness over and over again when frankly, I'm not really impressed. BoA, I think, should take a break. A long one, preferably, to refind that spark she had for performing, because I don't see that excited girl from 2000-2004/5 singing anymore.

Edited by juxi, 04 October 2009 - 05:25 PM.

#83 Spark

Spark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:50 PM

The 4 masks are freaky!

The whole concept involving the masks is so weird! If it is for comic relief, then I don't think I like it... It ruined the whole MV...

Yeah, about the suit in the MV, it's not very nice on BoA... It made obvious that BoA is not very tall and the clothes are so baggy...

#84 The Real CZ

The Real CZ

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:52 PM

I'm the camp of I like it. The MV is weird, and that's what makes me like it. As for the song, it's not the best collab that BoA has had with VERBAL, but to me, it's better than any over-synthesized song she released in the U.S.

#85 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:00 PM

Okay after watching the MV, I think the song is okay, and the video is a tad boring. The guys in the masks were kinda creepy! She looks cute and like she's having fun so that's a plus. But I feel like the song itself is just okay. Wasn't really catchy IMO. I am excited about her back in Japan without stupid synthesizers though. Looking forward to her December single!

#86 JoeJe

JoeJe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:05 PM

I really wish she'd collaborate with the people who brought her good music like from her Valenti to L&H days. Those were some good days. And yeah, you can say, "Oh, BoA's just maturing, and taking her music another direction." Well, I don't like this "new" direction they're going at all. And you guys can tell me, "Then stop coming over here and complaining." But as a fan, why can't I express my discontent? I'm not going to sit here and just gush about her awesome-ness over and over again when frankly, I'm not really impressed. BoA, I think, should take a break. A long one, preferably, to refind that spark she had for performing, because I don't see that excited girl from 2000-2004/5 singing anymore.

I agree with this.
I used to absolutely LOVE her. But this "new direction" they're taking her just doesn't do it for me. As a matter of fact, I really miss her days in Korea. For me, her "MY NAME" and "GIRLS ON TOP" days were my favourite. They were what made me interested in her to begin with. I miss the energy, passion and originality from those days.

#87 4761922860

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:15 PM

The PV's alright. I like the song more than the PV though. The suit doesn't do it for me, but thankfully the catchy song makes up for that. Also, her hair looks great. I like it short, it's a refreshing change from her long hair.

The masks are so weird... Lol.

Yeah, I would have to agree with this. Although it was probably more than Energetic. Energetic was just plain bad.

Haha, yeah, well BoA can't really rap and put on attitude. But her facial expressions were cute throughout the PV.

I though Energetic was a decent MV for it's budget...it did have some tacky parts, but it was alright and overall enjoyable.
At least she totally looked badass when she started those hand movements during "whadda you wanna make me you wanna..."

Yeah, cute and rap don't mix together very well I don't think lol.

I agree! I think the song is... well, I don't like it. AT ALL. I think that there's just too much going around that it gives me a headache. And it just sounds too cluttered. I don't know... The song I am kind of looking forward to is the White Wishes(?) one.

And yes, I completely agree with the dancing bit. I love BoA dancing, but I'm kind of sick of it. What's the point of releasing songs with cool dance-moves when the song itself is so... what's the word(s)? Not cool? =X Bad Drive was cool. The dancing actually made the song. But BUMP BUMP? Sorry to Verbal, as I am a fan, but what the crap is this?! Love Bug was AWESOME....

I cannot agree with you more and I usually don't agree with ppl like this!
The song's a damn mess and VERY hard to remember unless you put in on repeat for forever.
I too am looking forward to her ballad single, because she hasn't sang a ballad in a long time, and the ballad sounds good too. Oh yeah, SHE WON'T BE DANCING IN IT TOO, I HOPE.

Thing is BoA's dancing in everything just for the hell of it. It's like dancing is the only thing she's good for. This song could've done without the dancing, buttt she did it anyway.

#88 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:21 PM

Thing is BoA's dancing in everything just for the hell of it. It's like dancing is the only thing she's good for. This song could've done without the dancing, buttt she did it anyway.

So you're saying BoA shouldn't dance while singing for a dance song?

Let's see how that goes with live performances, I guess BoA can take the route of Rihanna and Ayumi Hamasaki - singing a dance song, just walking around or jumping....

If you haven't noticed, a lot of BoA critics say that really the thing really entertaining about BoA is her dancing - BoA's vocals are really not that super impressive.

BoA should continue with her dancing - she's a DANCE ARTIST.

Off course, BoA never dances with ballad songs, are you crazy?

There was a time when BoA didn't dance at all - it was BoA the Live, Winter Love/KEY OF HEART era.

A lot of people were complaining that BoA wasn't dancing enough.

Now that BoA's dancing a lot more often, now you want her to just sing and not dance?

Make up your minds!

Edited by Mashimaro-san, 04 October 2009 - 06:23 PM.

#89 4761922860

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:34 PM

I'm saying she should try something new after 5 dance videos!
Well no duh BoA should continue to dance, but after 5 fricking dance videos, she should try something new!
Like stage presence? Interacting with the crowd? She doesn't just have to dance there like a robot.

Well, for one I know I wasn't complaining. During her THE LIVE, she gave her BEST VOCAL performances in her career. Something new, something fresh.

I don't remember anyone telling BoA to dance more, since her leg was at the time was injured. btw, KoH had the besttt dance ever how can ppl say she wasn't dancing enough???

Edited by 4761922860, 04 October 2009 - 06:35 PM.

#90 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:43 PM

^ Ahh totally agreed. She should rest up anyway! Too much dancing is tiresome, to watch, and to perform. Yeah seriously about the best vocals. She really does have nice vocals, despite what people may say. I loved BoA The Live because of all the ballads. I'm really into her ballads these days ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users