Photo

What do you think of BoAjjang forums right now?!?!

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#91 korniceman3000

korniceman3000

Composer/Songwriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:36 PM

^ Charles Manson

Hmmm... I wonder who would win a cage match: Manson followers versus Britney fans vs Miley Fans vs TVXQ fans versus Slipknot fans....

Which gives me an idea. What is Boajjang featured their own dance competition where Boajjang would select 2 dance videos from 2 kpop artists (such as those live dance battles they do on KTV and MBC) and have members vote on which dance choreography was better. The winning video would be used as the tutorial and members could challenge each other to a dance battle (^__^)

#92 pupluvgurl

pupluvgurl

~Lindahh://♥

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:18 PM

Well I've been here for over 2 years now but went unactive after the server crash in 2008. Not sure why I did that since I would post so much back then, maybe I was immature and did it for the purpose of getting alot of posts, kinda dumb considering I lost like almost 2k posts in the server crash.

When I first BoAjjang it became a daily routine for me to post a lot and then lurk around for something else interesting to pop-up. I then became unactive after the server crash with many other members because I felt that BJJ became a little boring and empty afterwards. I did pop back in when her US debut was coming around. I noticed a lot of new fans and stuff but I think I felt a little weird.

BJJ used to full of people who all knew a lot about BoA but when new fans came in they only knew about BoA in the US, not necessarily everything about her. Maybe that's one of the main reasons, maybe I felt superior to them or something. Maybe something on the lines of that, kinda stupid but I can't find any other reason why I got bored.

Now I look back and I feel really stupid for being such an annoying little kid, maybe I still am but being mature seems so over-rated for me now XD

Anyways, I'm trying my best to take an interest in BJJ more often now considering how I've met so many great people here.

-EDIT-

Now that I think of it, it might because of our subbing team. We always seem to sub just music videos and trust me alot of people do it in alot faster time than we do. We never do variety shows that BoA attends or news reports regarding her career.

Edited by pupluvgurl, 07 October 2009 - 05:56 PM.

#93 justforboa

justforboa

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:29 PM

Wow, even big-boards agree that forum activity slowed down here. Usually, the stats from alexa are crappier than big-boards: http://www.big-boards.com/board/1356/

Posted Image

Starting from April, it's reaching a period of slow forum activity.

#94 whatta-chan

whatta-chan

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:01 PM

hmm, well i've been a member for quite some time myself, and i've had my phases during those years when i would be so addicted to BJJ, checking it 20 times a day for many months, posting all the time, and enjoying reading the opinions of members (especially the more outrageous ones; they were ENTERTAINING, haha) and phases where it almost feels like a chore to check the updates and new threads on the forum, so i end up actually procrastinating on my BJJ fix. currently, i don't feel the need to go on BJJ that often. i even stopped downloading music for quite some months now.

as with all things in the universe, everything has its ups and downs, and right now, literally almost EVERYTHING is experiencing its down phase: the economy, music industry, a sense of community on the internet and off, etc and i guess just life right now, which seems to lead to negativity, and we're seeing so much of it at different angles everywhere, and everyone is affected. when things hit rock bottom, there's nowhere else to go but up.

if i really have to single out something to explain BJJ's current state, the server crashes and loss of forum data. if there's one way to discourage members, it's to deny access to the source, much less have their existence/accumulated forum activity erased for that matter.

Also, I think maybe the sudden tightening and moderating on threads during BoA's Japanese single declines of 2007-2008 as well as her American debut talk. members were more vocal about their opinions and the mods were more alert and more keen to keep things calm on threads, and the back and forth of debating with good intentions/locking down on opinions ended up being a double edged sword for the forum as a whole.

the recent flow of events on BJJ during the last two years or so have resulted in all sorts of more, shall we say, extreme activity on both ends of the spectrum and right now, i think the whole community here is just fizzing it all out before starting whole and fresh again. in other words, i think BJJ has reached its end of one cycle/generation and recovering and preparing for the next. i'd give it another year or two.

members and mods here have had their good and bad experiences with each other, and both sides have made mistakes, yes, but i don't think it's necessary to point out which side is at fault, what are they doing wrong, etc. most probably know better and/or are more experienced now.

when things get better (music, quality, etc.), people will start to feel better --> happier feelings --> more willing to be friendly and socialize and have fun.

BJJ has grown with BoA over the years, and it's been very fun to be a part of such a dynamic forum. personally, i'm glad BJJ had its goods and bads and that there are still members and staff willing to keep it alive for as long as BoA has her career. keep up the good work guys! :P

Edited by whatta-chan, 07 October 2009 - 11:24 PM.

#95 --e n k y o r i*

--e n k y o r i*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:29 AM

^ Wow, pretty good point.
Come to think of it, I think you're right about the discouraging system crashes.
Some people highly value their post count too, so when everything is disrupted they just stop.
I've noticed there are some members who have been seriously inactive but only RIGHT after the crash :0
Took me a little bit to bounce fully back into it, too.

Also, maybe people who've frequented BoAjjang just have different lives now.
I know theres periods where I cannot be bothered at all
to deal with forums becuase I don't have any spare leisure time,
Or my friends are having issues or something like that that requires my full attention.

Like you said, it could just be a cycle. BJJ can't run on strong all the time,
But eventually it'll get busier again.

#96 mlyap7_boa

mlyap7_boa

Would take a bullet for BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:01 PM

^ I do hope you're right...
I think it'll get busier again very soon... :P

#97 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:28 PM

I blame the crash and the staff seems to be too busy with their real life to start any events.

I've been active since 2005, this is my second account, first one died out after the numerous crashes.

I survived a total of 3 crashes I believe, that was ridiculous.

+ Maybe start limiting the "other artist"download section, the main reason the crashes happened is that many non-fans only used the website for downloading music from other artists. I knew a lot of users who didn't even like BoA and spent 90% of the time in the "Other Artists Download"

+ Start events again! Did I mention when the crashes happened no events were ever re-created at all? Like that thing where we send letters to BoA? What ever happened to the scrapbook? Video letter where we sing a line of a BoA song? So many activities not finished.

+ Maybe try getting some new staff instead so the current staff won't have so much of a hassle.

+ Start subbing BoA music videos again,when was the last time BoAjjang Subtitle Team subbed a BoA Music Video?

KEY OF HEART? Winter Love?

Now the latest release is a Wonder Girls MV?

When are you guys gonna sub BUMP! BUMP!????

P.S: You guys haven't subbed any THE FACE era music videos too, work on that, it's a shame a BoA subbing team doesn't sub BoA MV's. Eien?

Edited by Mashimaro-san, 08 October 2009 - 06:30 PM.

#98 mlyap7_boa

mlyap7_boa

• Members
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:57 PM

^ Now that you mentioned it... You're right...
I do wanna see the BoAjjang Subtitle Team sub a BoA MV...
Subbin Eien would be a good idea or BUMP BUMP! of course since it's BoA's latest MV... :P

#99 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:09 PM

I blame the crash and the staff seems to be too busy with their real life to start any events.

I've been active since 2005, this is my second account, first one died out after the numerous crashes.

I survived a total of 3 crashes I believe, that was ridiculous.

+ Maybe start limiting the "other artist"download section, the main reason the crashes happened is that many non-fans only used the website for downloading music from other artists. I knew a lot of users who didn't even like BoA and spent 90% of the time in the "Other Artists Download"

+ Start events again! Did I mention when the crashes happened no events were ever re-created at all? Like that thing where we send letters to BoA? What ever happened to the scrapbook? Video letter where we sing a line of a BoA song? So many activities not finished.

+ Maybe try getting some new staff instead so the current staff won't have so much of a hassle.

+ Start subbing BoA music videos again,when was the last time BoAjjang Subtitle Team subbed a BoA Music Video?

KEY OF HEART? Winter Love?

Now the latest release is a Wonder Girls MV?

When are you guys gonna sub BUMP! BUMP!????

P.S: You guys haven't subbed any THE FACE era music videos too, work on that, it's a shame a BoA subbing team doesn't sub BoA MV's. Eien?

+ The crash did not happen due to the DLed section. The crash happened due to our server crapping the bed and not being reliable.

+ Sending BoA things takes no only member and staff time and money, but we need a CONNECTION to BoA. We have to garauntee that we will be able to get that CD/the letters/etc. to BoA. If it is not garaunteed, we wont go through with it. No need to get you guys mad at us because something didn't go through as planned. We have gotten some things to BoA, the video picture frame with an messages was recieved by BoA's japanese team at Youtube LIVE in Japan by help of wiz, I also got hand written letters to BoA at MTViggy (this was only open for members that were actually going to the concert), we also collaborated with uriboa on singing happy birthday to BoA on her 22 birthday. Plans have gone through. But like I said, these things need connections, we can't just start something that big without having some sort of connection TO BoA. Do you want hardwork thrown down the drain?

+ I have already addressed the staff issue. The current staff aren't allowed to appoint new staff without the founders permission. Also, the current ones are enough for the low traffic we're getting, we have Vannie, anathel, boanjel, and me most days and omega and Uni some days. I also have Uni's phone number if I ever need her for staff related things. We all keep in contact in some way, anathel, uni, omega, and I have all met eachother in RL. We all have lives outside of BoAjjang, which keeps us well rounded. If you had someone here all the time, it would be crazy.

+ Subbing for the Wonder Girl's Tell me MV started MONTHS ago. Our subbing team doesn't do MV subs in a couple days, translation, editting, timing, etc takes TIME. Also, our subbing team just got back together, it's hard to find translators and timers that aren't busy with other things.

P.S. We will work on things at our own pace that we have set. Like I said, these things take time. At the moment staff is working on about 4 things at the same time along with working our jobs and, some of us, going to school. You'll see things coming, be patient.

#100 Heartbeat

Heartbeat

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Banana >D

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:15 PM

lol cori, im the only one where you used my real name XD

but adding on to the subs comment
yes it is very very hard to find translators, especially Japanese ones. I posted a subtitles application not too long ago, and i mostly received applications from people who have no experience with timing.
We will be releasing a few more non-BoA subs in the next few days...all done long long time ago but were just never released. Subtitles is trying to get rolling again..and we do have alot of BoA's stuff on our list

#101 Airforce

Airforce

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:15 PM

Sending letters and gifts to Boa? that's quite fanatical hahahaha.
And Enkyori, gratz on the 1000 post, u can finally do an "EMPEROR POST".

#102 --e n k y o r i*

--e n k y o r i*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:22 PM

^ I'm workin on it :P

I just don't know what gifts to give people!
The only obvious one is giving Raul Utada (WHO DOESNT KNOW THAT lmao)
But....she's mine XDDDDD

#103 melk

melk

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:08 AM

-EDIT-

Now that I think of it, it might because of our subbing team. We always seem to sub just music videos and trust me alot of people do it in alot faster time than we do. We never do variety shows that BoA attends or news reports regarding her career.

I don't think it's right to just single out one group of staff. They probably don't sub because there's nothing to sub. Yes people go to forums just for subs if there's something they want to watch. I don't think it works in this case. And shifting blame to one part of staff.

#104 mlyap7_boa

mlyap7_boa

• Members
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 06:28 PM

Okay... Recently, I've noticed a few problems I would like to write on...

1.Lack of members who actually reply
My point definitely speaks for itself & I really don't see what's so hard abt replyin & I'm not just referin to the download section... Anywhere I do see the ratio of replies to views is just terrible... A particular thread can have 3000+ views but less than 200 replies... That's even lower than 10%...

2.Lack of new topics
Members aren't creatin enough new topics in the Lounge, General BoA Chat & maybe other sections as well... I keep seein the same old topics everyday recently... When there's a lack of new stuff to talk abt, new members tend to feel bored & might lose interest in bein active here...

3.Lack of members visitin the Member Info and Pictures & Member creation section
Not only is the amount of replies low in these 2 sections, even the amount of views is low... Members post here hopin to make more friends or get their creations to be noticed... So I do hope more members would visit these 2 sections as well...

4.Lack of spammers
Yes I do know that spammin doesn't increase your post count but c'mon, that's where the fun is & you do get to make new friends there... I know I did... The number of spammers recently is so low that I can count them with my 10 fingers... I've been spammin with my same old friends recently... The spam section definitely needs more members to make it lively...

Edited by mlyap7_boa, 10 October 2009 - 06:29 PM.

#105 ichigoXIII

ichigoXIII

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 06:46 PM

wat ML said is true...
lets se...the regular spammers are
me
mlyap
abi