My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:51 AM

Posted Image

Here's the setlist:

At Home with BoA:
Christmas cover song (can't remember what it was)
キミのとなりで (kimi no tonaride)
LONG TIME NO SEE
Style
This Christmas (Donny Hathaway cover)
まもりたい (mamoritai)
THE END そして and...
MEGA STEP
永遠 (eien)

Party Night with BoA:
赤鼻のトナカイ (Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer)
BUMP BUMP!
Midnight Parade
Billie Jean
SOME DAY ONE DAY
心の手紙 (kokoro no tegami)
コノヨノシルシ (kono yono shirushi)
メリクリ (merikuri)

Encore:
Winter Love
First snow

Some comments I made about the show:

Concert was great... She really put on a show and had fun... and it was also great that she performed Mega Step.

The first song was an old Christmas song... can't remember it now.

BoA teased some "Smooth Criminal" and "Billie Jean" while performing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer; crotch grabbing, pelvic thrusts, kicks, and a short moon walk.

Once the baseline kicked in for Billie Jean, I was like "nah... it can't be"... and then it was. It was quite the site to see. She tried to hit every spot, but just couldn't bring it like Mike always did. It was still fun and it's so sad that it'll never see the light of day on a DVD or TV showing. She was also wiped out after performing Billie Jean.

Sounds like she had a little cold, as well... but you wouldn't really have known if she didn't cough here and there during her emcee sessions.

She wore a short, black one-piece dress dress with puffy shoulders and which ended slightly above her knees. She had some glittery black leggings underneath. She also had a wig on (maybe just extensions).

The second part, she was dressed as the love-child of Michael Jackson and prince. Some black tuxedo pants, a frilly dress shirt, a short tux coat and a hat. She lost the coat and hat after the Billie Jean performance. No wig this time.

During the encore, she came out with a pink one-piece... below the knees with a tie under the breast-line along with gold leggings. No wig, again.

She talked up a storm, and the main news was that her album is still in the works (and not cancelled)... and that her tour is coming up, as well.

They didn't have any signed prizes to give away like at the concert two years ago. They had clear files and posters available, though, if you pre-ordered a single and bought at least $25 worth of CDs.

#2 NikuZ

NikuZ

Forever Jumping in the Stars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:11 AM

Nice Tracklist!! Thankz for the Update ^_^

#3 saddified

saddified

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:14 AM

thanks for this info!
the picture of the goods are so pretty!
absolutely LOVE the logo!
and i went like "awwww" looking at the setlist. so many wonderful songs picked out for this.
glad to know more info about her album and hope she's okay ^_^

#4 boanjel

boanjel

My family just disowned me!

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:15 AM

^_^ at the goods! Is it possible that you scan the calendar? ;P I would LOVE to see her perform Billie Jean!

#5 cathy_chen

cathy_chen

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:01 AM

omg...mega step is my favourite and i never she'd perform it after all these years, it's like a xmas gift for me!
and i've seen the calendar...really wows me, so gorgeous

#6 yakisoba

yakisoba

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:23 AM

Whooa, she performed Mega Step and Kokoro no Tegami? I was just listening to KnT the other day and wondering why she's never performed it. That's awesome. :] And it's a shame we'll never get to see Billie Jean... and that people are so good about not taking cameras to her concerts, haha. I don't think anyone could ever come close to Michael Jackson, but BoA's cool just for doing it.

I hope that the wig(?) didn't look too weird and that her outfits were nice. I think I'm more worried about the two dresses than I am about the tuxedo pants outfit.
Whoo, nvm, I just saw the photos. The dresses were pretty plain, but I have to say that the black one was a lot better than the pink one. :X and I wasn't expecting her dress shirt to be so frilly.

Thanks, budonkadonk! BTW, how was "THE END そして and..." ? Nothing special? :X

Edited by yakisoba, 04 December 2009 - 11:51 AM.

#7 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:17 PM

Thanks for the review. ^_^

Sounds like it was a good concert... I'm dying to see the MJ performances.

#8 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:26 PM

very lucky to get to see her again, I would have given anything to just see her perform First Snow and Mega Step

#9 Mister_Moon_

Mister_Moon_

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:48 PM

How The End sounds? Has anyone recorded? D:

#10 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:50 PM

How The End sounds? Has anyone recorded? D:

Doesn't really matter seein as how the single comes out the 9th which means there should be full samples very soon.

#11 Mister_Moon_

Mister_Moon_

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:15 PM

Doesn't really matter seein as how the single comes out the 9th which means there should be full samples very soon.

I know, but i'm sooo anxious! x_x' And live is always better. *-*

#12 Lilith11

Lilith11

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:17 PM

... OMG, that sounds AMAZING. BoA, moonwalk?! Why oh why do they never air it? T_T Sounds like so much fun; uber jealous of you; sounds awesome!

#13 boaislove

boaislove

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:55 PM

Wow budonkadonk, I thank you so much for this loaded and detailed review about the concert. I can imagine how great the concert was because of this. And also, I love the list of songs that BoA performed ^_^ I'm glad that she performed classics like MIDNIGHT PARADE, MEGA STEP, and SOME DAY ONE DAY. Not to mention, it appears that her performance of Billie Jean was the highlight of the show. I couldn't wait to see everything on video!

It seems that unlike her previous Christmas concerts, she danced A LOT here. The stage was obviously set for dancing performances. Nice ^_^

#14 mlyap7_boa

mlyap7_boa

Would take a bullet for BoA

• Members
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:52 PM

Wow those goods look really nice, wish I could have them... :D
Thx for sharin the info... ^_^
I so wanna watch her dance & it's good to see that her smiles are much more joyful durin the concert...

It was still fun and it's so sad that it'll never see the light of day on a DVD or TV showing.

Why? You mean the concert won't be on DVD? ^_^

Edited by mlyap7_boa, 04 December 2009 - 07:52 PM.

#15 budonkadonk

budonkadonk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:19 PM

There will most likely be a DVD... be nice if there was even a BluRay.

And, you'll see some MJ moves, as she was doing a few during the Rudolph performance.... You just won't see the epic Billie Jean performance.

It kind of made me wish I bought tickets to both nights.

And, of course people don't bring cameras into the live hall... They have them confiscated before going into the hall... and if they sneek them in and are caught with a camera, they'll be kicked out of the venue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users