Photo

BoAjjang constant breaking down, and donation idea

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Should BoAjjangers pay to fix the site? (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Yes, no, maybe, BoA idk just pick :P

1. Yes its only the best for our BoA-chan!! (22 votes [73.33%])

Percentage of vote: 73.33%

2. No!!! The Staff and Moderators should pay damnit lol (6 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. BoA should pay for it (i really hope no one chooses this -.-") (2 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 KayneLee09

KayneLee09

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 12:10 AM

Guys and gurls, fellowe BoAjjangers (is that the right word? ^_^)!! How many times do we want BoAjjang to keep dying and waiting for it to be fixed?? i think the moderators and staff should think about getting the site re-coded/scripted or something by someone, some really good so it wont do this stuff again, i vote on making a donation thingo like on some websites to send money to a BoAjjang account to pay for the server to be fixed, but im not sure if anyone else will think its a good idea, in the end we each wouldnt need to contribute that much individually and together it will be alot and we can have BoAjjang running smoothly forever :rolleyes: wat do you think? vote ppl

#2 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:41 AM

I'd like to help, but I've been having massive expenses lately. I've had to put off buying a new computer for more than a year, now.

I wish some tech-savvy person could volunteer to help fix the problems with the site. Anybody? :rolleyes:

#3 pocketboi

pocketboi

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:51 AM

BoA should pay for it...

Jk XD. I'm pretty new to the site actually. Has it always been crashing like this?

#4 kitzutsuita

kitzutsuita

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:07 AM

BoAjjang can make money with ads, or partners through advertising. I think we have enough traffic to do so.

=) Donations is okay, but this is the bad time since its christmas season!

#5 upstream

upstream

BoA's Secret Boyfriend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:08 AM

i dont mind having advertisment in boajjang (but hopefully not excessive) if the exchange is wont have any annual and monthly server crash.

#6 EunHyuk<3

EunHyuk<3

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:57 PM

I would definitely help if I actually had money. I only have enough money to stick to what I really have to buy. If I get a job, I will definitely donate! I hope the others can help to donate!

#7 mlyap7_boa

mlyap7_boa

Would take a bullet for BoA

• Members
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:31 PM

I don't mind havin advertisements too & I'm okay with donations as long as the sum ain't too big... ^_^
This place has been really unstable lately & I sure wish this problem can be fixed...

PS: I kinda feel that this post should be at the New Posts BoAjjang Related Suggestions, Feedback, and Questions section...

& does anyone realize that the shoutbox is missin now... This place is really fallin apart now... :rolleyes:

Edited by mlyap7_boa, 21 December 2009 - 06:48 PM.

#8 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:38 PM

I'm okay with ads! I'd pay if I could o_o & where'd the shotubox go? o-o

#9 KayneLee09

KayneLee09

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:27 PM

i dont mind having advertisment in boajjang (but hopefully not excessive) if the exchange is wont have any annual and monthly server crash.

lol its almost weekly now srsly

#10 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:42 PM

PS: I kinda feel that this post should be at the New Posts BoAjjang Related Suggestions, Feedback, and Questions section...

right you are :rolleyes:

Although this is a great suggestion, the big boss (Coolin) doesn't want BoAjjang to be filled with advertisments say like Mugglenet. He wants BoAjjang to be a non-profitted site. Which I don't blame him. But, it is getting to the point that I don't know how much longer BoAjjang has to last, it's on its very last limb =X.
IMO.

With all the crashes as of late, members aren't coming to BoAjjang anymore.
I think that there were maybe 30 members on today, im serious :P.
This saddens me very much.
Something has to be done about our server! I don't know what's wrong with it, but it needs to be fixed.

As for the shoutbox missing, I am being told that it was taken down due to a bug. Maybe it even caused the crashes. Don't really know.
Also, I don't know if it'll be back up anytime soon.
I seem to be one of the only staff members that isn't busy the moment (what with finals and shopping, I don't blame other staff for taking a little break from the computer ^_^)

#11 mlyap7_boa

mlyap7_boa

• Members
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:44 PM

^ Aww I really wonder what can be done to fix the problem then...
& I so liked the shoutbox btw, feels like somethin is missin now without it... :rolleyes:

#12 Kung Fu Hung-Su

Kung Fu Hung-Su

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 04:28 AM

I have both money and some technical skills. I'm a fresh IT graduate and need to flex my muscle, but I do not understand the nature of the problems that are going on.

But I definitely want to do something. I do not like that I have to wait 5 minutes between PMs - I can't host the Werewolf game properly like this.

#13 zeidrich

zeidrich

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:11 PM

im a little worried with the constant downtime of boajjang too... hope its fixed soon

#14 mlyap7_boa

mlyap7_boa

• Members
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:14 PM

I have both money and some technical skills. I'm a fresh IT graduate and need to flex my muscle, but I do not understand the nature of the problems that are going on.

But I definitely want to do something. I do not like that I have to wait 5 minutes between PMs - I can't host the Werewolf game properly like this.

Haha yea... I really dislike the wait between PMs & the flood control durin postin, I find that ridiculous... I can't even spam, as in spam you know, I have to wait 30 seconds between each post, you don't call that spammin man... :P

#15 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:22 PM

^If you get the 30 second wait requirement message between posts, then your posts are TO short. Your post should be a rather developed sentence, not "haha you're so right!" or "No.", that is considered SPAM. The 30 second delay is so that bots can't post continuously. Bots are programed to post right away in certain area's, since we require 30 seconds between posts, it stops bots. Also, advertisers, they usually have things copied, then they just paste. With the 30 second delay they get sick of it and stop posting, usually.
Also, the 30 second delay for PM's is so everyone doesn't get advertisement PM's, it's actually for your benefit!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users