7 replies to this topic

#1 m_hero

m_hero

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:44 PM

im in dilemma...help me choose between these two..i need to take up a foreign language this semester but i cant make up my kind.should i learn japanese or language..i'll be learning either these for a year...which one is easier?i know hangul is easier to read and write..how bout the vocab?help me please..

#2 mlyap7_boa

mlyap7_boa

Would take a bullet for BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:21 AM

IMO, Korean will be easier to learn overall as I myself am learin both languages at the same time... ;)

#3 pupluvgurl

pupluvgurl

~Lindahh://♥

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:44 PM

I think you should decide for yourself because asking many people's opinion won't necessarily mean that one language is easier than the other, some might find Japanese easier, some might find Korean, in my case I've found Japanese slightly easier.

Are you choosing between Japanese and Korean for the sake of entertainment (ex. because you really like Jpop or Kpop)? You also might wanna choose based on which one will benefit you in the future also.

#4 The Real CZ

The Real CZ

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:12 PM

Korean is easier at the start, Japanese is easier once you're at an intermediate level. Japanese grammar is basically a simplified version of Korean.

Anyway, whichever one you do decide to choose, you'll have a big discount learning the other one.

#5 m_hero

m_hero

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:53 PM

i've learn basic japanese before. took up some class for it. but i didnt practice it much. im interested in korean because i find myself becoming more familiar with the language..i mean i can guess the meaning of spoken sentences because i can understand some words out of it. anyway, thanks a lot for the response. i think i'll make up my mind soon..

#6 bluewish

bluewish

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:08 PM

Hello (:

The only...err..advice I can give you is to choose which language you are most willing to learn. You have to have (!) the passion for the language.

I took classes last year, Korean at first. After about two weeks, I started my Japanese classes. I found the Japanese one harder (maybe I'm comparing because took it at about the same time :|), it was like I realized my heart just wasn't into it as much as I was with in Korean.

Err..I'm kind of dizzy right now as it's 4am here, I hope you kind of understood me, i'm sorry. Hope I helped, even a little bit. (:

#7 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 04:06 PM

I was in a similar cituation, I could take either Japanese or Chinese. Im not a fan of chinese but many people told me it would help me with my korean in the long run, but i don't have any interest in chinese at all. But with japanese at least I listen to BoA and it would help with reporting news. So since I know I would be able to focus more in it, I pick japanese, now i just have to wait till next semester when i can take it :)!

I say, do whatever most applies to you. Remember, music will help and interests as well, do you pay more attention to kpop, kdramas, korean news or jpop, jdramas, japanese news? What will you use more in the long run?

#8 kkbluvv

kkbluvv

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:41 PM

I'm Korean, so if I told you to take Korean, my answer would be biased :thumbsup: but the writing and reading should not be hard, however the language itself is very difficult. I can't explain since I am Korean. But I can tell you that even though I'm Korean, I still have trouble with the language so it's not really "easy".
As for Japanese, I'm taking it right now and it's kinda hard :) It was easy during the beginner level and it's similar to Korean. My speaking and reading isn't bad, but the writing and remembering all the hiragana, katakana, and kanji gets confusing. So really, it's up to you rofl (:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users