Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:10 AM

KIM YUNA KIM YUNA KIM YUNA KIM YUNA KIM YUNA KIM YUNA KIM YUNA KIM YUNA

:D

She's ahead of Asada Mao by almost 5 points in the short program! And is around 15 points ahead of 3rd place @[email protected] She's just too good.

I hope she wins (: I'm not Korean, but POWER TO THE ASIANS! & I like Kim Yuna more than Asada Mao ^_^

#17 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:00 PM

lol I watched short track yesterday (APOLO <3).
Apolo had a cute segment on TV where he talked about why he yawns every time before a race. It was because it relaxed him and because lions do it. How much cuter can he get? XD
He also got in first place in the men's 500m heat (the last short track individual race of the Olympics). His pass, cutting in front of Hamelin was amazing.
Simon Cho also made his Olympic debut in the 500m heat. He's Korean, but he races for America, and he supposedly has a faster time in this race than even Apolo.
The Koreans were impressive, all 3 (Kwak, Si Bak, Ho Suk) made it past. 2/3 Americans made it (Simon and Apolo), and Jordan Malone fell. =\ I felt really bad for him because this is his only individual race, and he didn't even make it to the finals.

More importantly, though, was the WOMEN's 3000m short track relay race.
The Korean media is having a frenzy with all this took about "bias referees." They even referred back to the Dong Sung - Ohno incident in 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics.
Korea got gold, China got silver, and Canada got bronze (USA was so far behind), but they disqualified Korea for pushing the Chinese skater and clicking skates with the Chinese skater. Everyone moved up one medal, and USA got bronze! lol
Koreans were PISSED OFF.

#18 korniceman3000

korniceman3000

Composer/Songwriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:05 PM

The Korean media is having a frenzy with all this took about "bias referees." They even referred back to the Dong Sung - Ohno incident in 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics.
Korea got gold, China got silver, and Canada got bronze (USA was so far behind), but they disqualified Korea for pushing the Chinese skater and clicking skates with the Chinese skater. Everyone moved up one medal, and USA got bronze! lol
Koreans were PISSED OFF.

I laughed so hard when I was watching this!!! The US was a full lap behind everyone and ended up getting a free medal!!! :D

#19 *c o n v e r s e

*c o n v e r s e

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:18 PM

Koreans were PISSED OFF.

lol yeah that was epic. my korean friends were complaining how it wasn't fair at all
too bad i couldn't watch it yesterday D: stupid homework =___=

Edited by *c o n v e r s e, 25 February 2010 - 04:18 PM.

#20 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:42 PM

Kim Yuna won GOLD! First Korean EVER in ANY skating event to win a medal, and she got Gold! Girl's got talent (: Congrats to all the medal winners though! Asada Mao looked so sad ]: Must be tough to have the weight of a country on you...

#21 mlyap7_boa

mlyap7_boa

Would take a bullet for BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:53 PM

^ Oh yea I just heard too... I'm so happy for her too & she broke the world record right? :D

#22 LuV2U

LuV2U

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:44 AM

Kim Yuna stole the show for Ice skating numbers >,< she was wwwwaaaaaayyyyy beautiful(both in terms of the actual human and her performance :D )

#23 budonkadonk

budonkadonk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:19 AM

Kim definitely deserved the gold, but her score was over inflated... I guess that's what happens when her home country is courting the ISU to cultivate a star so they can have a Winter Olympics in ROK. Flawless performance, but the people surrounding her taint it a little for me. I still don't see how she earns higher marks for her jumps and combos than the men... the FRICKIN' MEN... the people with more power, speed, height, and fuller rotations.

But, whatever, it was definitely her night. Remarkable feat by Mao... three triple axels in one program.

Much respect to Joannie Rochette, but, she honestly got a bunch of sympathy points on both of her programs. Great performance by Nagasu.... eclipsed her free skate best by 20 points. She seems to have adjusted well to the growth spurt and will be a world beater if she can continue to improve. Let-down for Ando... I thought she deserved a little more point-wise. Suzuki Akiko had a wonderful performance... if she were in an earlier era, she'd be a champ.

Anyhows, I can't wait to see how things turn out during the upcoming world championships.

#24 dancErica

dancErica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:28 AM

Kim definitely deserved the gold, but her score was over inflated... I guess that's what happens when her home country is courting the ISU to cultivate a star so they can have a Winter Olympics in ROK. Flawless performance, but the people surrounding her taint it a little for me. I still don't see how she earns higher marks for her jumps and combos than the men... the FRICKIN' MEN... the people with more power, speed, height, and fuller rotations.

But, whatever, it was definitely her night. Remarkable feat by Mao... three triple axels in one program.

Much respect to Joannie Rochette, but, she honestly got a bunch of sympathy points on both of her programs. Great performance by Nagasu.... eclipsed her free skate best by 20 points. She seems to have adjusted well to the growth spurt and will be a world beater if she can continue to improve. Let-down for Ando... I thought she deserved a little more point-wise. Suzuki Akiko had a wonderful performance... if she were in an earlier era, she'd be a champ.

Anyhows, I can't wait to see how things turn out during the upcoming world championships.

completely agreed. I agreed with the rankings [Kim and Asada], but not the huge gap... Rochette, yes, I've a lot of respect for her, but I do agree that there's sympathy points..

#25 anime811

anime811

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:40 AM

I agree with budonkadonk. I thought the scores were inflated alot :S Yuna did well but 150? really?
Im glad Rochette won the Bronze. I honestly thought her marks were underscored for her short program
but then again, they made it up in the long program D:
By the way, I'm curious, what did some of you think of Lysacek winning Gold?
MOVING AWAY FROM FIGURE SKATING, xD

i agree curling can be boring but I think it's fun to watch if you just watch for a few minutes just to see how they're doing
then switch to another sport and maybe just switch back every so often haha. I dont think I could sit out a whole game though.

#26 The Real CZ

The Real CZ

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:11 AM

I was getting nervous during Mao's performance, as she's great as well, but when I saw that she did a combination (I don't know the names) that looked flat, I knew she was done. Aside from that, I had to contain my joy and screaming, since it was midnight. I agree about Mirai Nagasu, she'll be someone to look out for in the next Winter Olympics.

#27 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:31 AM

I think Mao had two Axels? But still impressive nonetheless, it's difficult to do even one. Yeaaaah, I think Kim Yuna's score was a little... too much. Yeah, she deserved first, but Mao was really good too. I feel like Mao had more of a connection with her music.

I agree with budonkadonk. I thought the scores were inflated alot :S Yuna did well but 150? really?
Im glad Rochette won the Bronze. I honestly thought her marks were underscored for her short program
but then again, they made it up in the long program D:
By the way, I'm curious, what did some of you think of Lysacek winning Gold?
MOVING AWAY FROM FIGURE SKATING, xD

i agree curling can be boring but I think it's fun to watch if you just watch for a few minutes just to see how they're doing
then switch to another sport and maybe just switch back every so often haha. I dont think I could sit out a whole game though.

HAHA, CURLING. I think it's the most ridiculous sport, BUT, once I start watching, I can't stop >_> And then I get bored xD

#28 dancErica

dancErica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:49 AM

I think Mao had two Axels? But still impressive nonetheless, it's difficult to do even one. Yeaaaah, I think Kim Yuna's score was a little... too much. Yeah, she deserved first, but Mao was really good too. I feel like Mao had more of a connection with her music.

HAHA, CURLING. I think it's the most ridiculous sport, BUT, once I start watching, I can't stop >_> And then I get bored xD

3 Axels in the Short Programme+ Free Skate :D

I wouldn't even care about the score gaps so much.. but it's just that I hated it when the media paints the picture that "oh even if Mao didn't make any mistake she wouldn't be able to catch up with Yuna because the gap was so great". Any kind of this comment is just unwarranted.

#29 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:54 PM

Anyone catch today's speed skating? I kinda missed a part, and I think Apollo Ohno was disqualified? o___o

*Sigh*, such a shame with China's relay thing. They were second, and right at the last lap, almost at the end, the guy slipped >_>

#30 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 05:51 AM

Ugh, yes, Apolo was disqualified.
I was so upset, I was about to cry. D;
All he wanted to do was come "full circle" because Canada was where he learned short track speedskating and where he wanted to end his career.

I think the call was definite BS. Apolo touched him, I don't see any pushing or shoving. In fact, he even says that he touched him merely so that he didn't bump into him, not because he wanted so shove the guy down.
No one called out the Canadian who pushed the Korean either.

At least this showed how much of an Olympian he really is.
I'd be screaming, but he smiled, congratulated Hamelin/Tremblay/other skaters, and said, "What can you do?" with a shrug.
He also got himself together and won a bronze for the men's relay. The other members were really falling behind; they were nearly last the entire time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users