73 replies to this topic

#1 mlyap7_boa

mlyap7_boa

Would take a bullet for BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:28 PM

So yes, BoA's makin a Korean comeback & who doesn't know that? It's 5 months away but this place is so dead it just makes me sad... :D
I thought I would strike another topic since we've never discussed this yet...
Just to hype ourselves up more for this comeback, the discussion would be:

How would you like BoA's image, songs, dance choreographies, performances & etc for this comeback to be?

For me, I would like her to stick with an edgy image like GOT blendin in with a mature & calm image like in Possibility MV... I want an image as though BoA has been awaken with the aura to take over... :lol:

As for the songs, I would like an album with some strong dance tracks as usual, some very soothin ballads & probably an R&B track which is relaxin & comfortable to hear... :D

The dancin part, there's nothin much to say, BoA always owns the dancin in any way but I would like maybe one certain powerful song with a strong choreography that she'll perform a lot & also another one which is less strong & lyrical... Lol I'm askin for a lot... XD

I guess that's all I have on my mind atm, surely will add on more after more of you guys put in your opinions too... ;)

Edited by mlyap7_boa, 22 March 2010 - 10:35 PM.

#2 dreamsicles

dreamsicles

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:33 PM

not pretty sure what kinda image i would want for her "/

Be herself, but yet keep her strong and powerful image she once have in GoT era, i guess.

Needless to say on the dancing part, but i did like a ballad that really showcase her vocals, as vocal wise she is improving recently.

#3 boaislove

boaislove

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:41 PM

As much as possible I'd like to see her stick to her i'm-gonna-pwn-you image during GoT. Needless to say, that will grant her an explosive comeback :lol: However, I have a feeling that she'll tone her image a bit, but still strong enough to make a boom. The sexy image of My Name isn't bad either.

About the album and its songs, BoA's Korean albums never failed to be all-rounder albums so I hope and expect the coming album to be the same - an album with strong dance tracks + great ballads. Furthermore, just like in Identity, I hope she shows more of what she thinks and feels in this album.

I'm pretty assured that BoA will do her best to give the same energy she showed before, so I'll be expecting the same in her choreography for the next album's songs. In short, I just want to see the 2005-ish BoA again >_<

#4 BoaHikkiLover

BoaHikkiLover

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:38 AM

I would to see BoA in her "No.1" days or in general, the way she is when she's active in Korea. With a mix of her new image and R&B music. I would also like to see her hair get longer too. :lol:

#5 Merzitar

Merzitar

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:46 AM

I'm excited for this. I personally don't like her Korean music as much as her Japanese or English music, but I still love it. It's great for BoA to finally make another Korean album, and I'm gonna buy it as soon as it comes out, so I can get the Korean version and not spend £25 on the Japanese version lol. ANYWAY, I'd like BoA to have the image she had in Girls on Top. I think that image suits her.

#6 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:45 PM

She needs to rock the edgy image, because that's what makes her BoA...and makes her different from other artists.

I hope her album isn't too much R&B, though, because those beats are too slow for a stunning onstage dance performance. :lol:

#7 Jax

Jax

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:12 PM

I'm gonna keep this simple. I want some strong choreography. I like the dances sometimes that come out with the Korean songs but they are so weak. DBSK had a great comeback so I expect something just as major with BoA.

#8 MadeInTwenty

MadeInTwenty

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:11 PM

It seems like it'd be a little awkward though, to stray really far from her current Japanese image as that is "who she really is", and it won't make for the most impactful comeback but I guess she's adapted and maintained separate images simultaneously when it comes to Japan and Korea: Love & Honesty vs. My Name, etc.

I think she needs to stay faithful to what made her a national treasure in the first place but update it to who she is now. Being back home for an extended period of time will, I hope, inspire her to create even more heartfealt lyrics and music. Her Girls On Top persona was indeed the most striking image she's had but the album itself was one of her lowest selling Korean albums, so while many of us (including me) would like to see a ressurection of that BoA I would hope Korean fans would be a bit more receptive this time around. Her return seems to be pretty hyped-up though and it's been 5 years so rightfully so, therefore I guess it's not much to worry about.

When it comes to live performances, well..I just hope they get better than what she's been doing in Japan for the past year or so. Dancing should be fierce as usual. I've had the perception that among a good portion of BoA fans it goes like this: BoA's Korean albums > BoA's Japanese albums so I suppose I'm already more optimistic about the upcoming record's reception even though I'm not one of those people.

Overall, a strong yet perhaps subdued image fit for a comeback, awesome vocals, catchy dance/pop songs and emotionally powerful ballads are what I'm wanting to see. :lol:

I would also like to see her hair get longer too. ;)

Yes, please. :D

Edited by MadeInTwenty, 23 March 2010 - 07:25 PM.

#9 a_chan

a_chan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:02 PM

A Korean version of possibility, but sung with Jaejoong instead of Daichi Miura. That would be <3

And then any kind of music she wants to make, a mixture of Identity and BoA would be great ^o^

#10 *c o n v e r s e

*c o n v e r s e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:27 AM

hmm i'd like to see something edgy and powerful like the Girls on Top era but with a different style?
as for songs, i would definitely want a range of styles from fast and energetic songs to midtempo and of course ballads

#11 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:36 AM

As long as her image is powerful and nothing cute I'll be happy. I want the strong woman image back.

#12 Baco__

Baco__

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:30 AM

I'm a big fan of "Korean BoA", let's just put like this... I mean, like someone said, her Japanese albums are kinda the opposite.... in image, ate least.

So, I would expect something more aggressive for this comeback... I want something a little dark...

Not that dark concept SNSD/KARA/T-ara are in, no... I hate when artists uses the SAME concept like... for an year haha, like using autotune was last year.

But I want something mixing power + great lyrics + leather clothes (I love when BoA is in leather LOL, like in IDIFL) I LOOOVE her hair short, like it is right now... it would be something new she would show for her korean audience/fans... as they never saw her performing with this hair in Korea before.

this is for her image...

as for her songs... I can't imagine... srsly... BoA always does different things and as much as I wanna think of something, I can't. I want good lyrics, that's for sure... would love BoA writing all her songs or, if not all of them, the majority. For the rhythm, NOTHING ELETRONICA ALIKE, nothing even CLOSE to her US album, please. I am SICK of this! LMAO

no autotune, no eletronic beats... PLS!!!!!! I want her old beats. I want violin mix to drums, maybe a little eletronic, in the background, but definitely I want real musical instrumets LMAO

and for her package I want something different... BoA albums packages were ALWAYS like... normal packages D':

I want something different, grandious ... I mean, it's her TENTH ANNIVERSERY, she deserves something special... and I mean it!

and I hope SMEnt gives her a little more funds... for her MVs... I want a great one *O*~
with a wild coreo... just like Eat You Up *O*~ (with less errors, though LMAO)

#13 love_tam_forever

love_tam_forever

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:39 AM

I've always believed in BoA's choices and whatnot because I'm happy with whatever she comes up with since she comes up with the best all the time~

I'd die to see something powerful, girl-power, strong, world domination and no cutesy cutesy~~~

but I seriously want to see BoA in variety shows~ I know our BoA has a unique sense of humor~ and I want to see celebrities fanboy/fangirl over our queen~ :D

#14 boaislove

boaislove

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:43 AM

I want something different, grandious ... I mean, it's her TENTH ANNIVERSERY, she deserves something special... and I mean it!

and I hope SMEnt gives her a little more funds... for her MVs... I want a great one *O*~
with a wild coreo... just like Eat You Up *O*~ (with less errors, though LMAO)

I, for one, don't worry about this.

When it comes to BoA, SM is different from AVEX :D I know this has been said hundreds of times to the point that it's already cliche, but BoA and SM is like Ayu and AVEX. The efforts they gave for the EYU, IDIFL and Energetic MVs are proofs to that. *ignores the kind of promos made >_<* It's Korea and not US in the first place. They wouldn't find difficulties for promos since the media alone will surely be enough for that.

Edited by boaislove, 24 March 2010 - 05:46 AM.

#15 Baco__

Baco__

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:48 AM

^I know that, but I mean a really COOL MV, like EYU was...

with a little plot or story, something like that...

We haven't had this in her Korean carrer at all, just dance MVs with other scenes cuts, ya know?!

a MV like... Atlantis Princess or... No. 1?

I mean, I LOVE My Name's MV, and MOTO and GoT, too... but they are so... empty, you know?!

hope you do lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users