mlyap7_boa

Would take a bullet for BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:06 PM

^ Yea I get what you mean...
I would like another MV like Eat You Up too with a lil' more plot... :D
& as Carlo said, SM will definitely not mistreat BoA especially on her 10th anniversary... :D

#17 dreamsicles

dreamsicles

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:06 PM

^ yea. probably we are in for a big surprise :D :D

#18 foreverfriends

foreverfriends

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:08 PM

I trying to not looking too much form the album.:D.As long as BoA is able to do her best,I'd be pleased.

#19 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

I just want BoA to be comfortable in her own skin. Even if I don't like the style/look in the beginning, Im sure it'll grow on me.
When the MV for GoT first came out, I was shocked and turned off at her look. "BoA! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!" then as time progressed and I started watching her performances and such, I came to love the military/tom-boy look she was giving us. Originally I HATED her hair...then less then a year later, I got the hair cut =X

All I do ask for is...PLEASE release a KICKASS ballad (or perhaps multiple ones...) and dance songs that don't repeat over and over and over...and over again! Kpop is turning into a repeat-fest! Release something new and FRESH BoA =D!

#20 tikaluph

tikaluph

ALL I WANT IS SOMETHING NEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:00 AM

for me, I want her to be 'different'.
not like Korean girl group now. it's so boring..
the music, image, dance -_____________-
BoA always amaze me with her style. ballad, dance, rock, R&B.. whatever.
but, until now I never expect something with her style for the next album.
all I think is if BoA joins all varieties show.. kkkk~

#21 dreamsicles

dreamsicles

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:57 AM

BoA always surprises us. But as long it is not gaga, i will await this comeback :angry:

#22 alsrudtj124

alsrudtj124

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• BoAjjang Translator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:09 PM

I actually want a softer side of BoA. That doesn't mean like no dance tracks since her dancing must be showcased to remind everyone who is the Queen! But since everybody in Kpop nowadays are doing the whole rough, sexy thing, I don't want BoA to conform. It's getting sooo old and I always look for BoA as a fashion and movement inspiration. Don't let us down, BoA! Come up with some fresh stuff!

#23 starplayerz

starplayerz

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:42 PM

Make 6 songs that sound like Possibility, another 6 that sound like Eien, and then a catchy dance track and some random fluffy pop song. Sounds like a winner to me!

#24 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:51 AM

I actually want a softer side of BoA. That doesn't mean like no dance tracks since her dancing must be showcased to remind everyone who is the Queen! But since everybody in Kpop nowadays are doing the whole rough, sexy thing, I don't want BoA to conform. It's getting sooo old and I always look for BoA as a fashion and movement inspiration. Don't let us down, BoA! Come up with some fresh stuff!

Agreed.

BoA needs to get back to K-pop with music that is American and J-pop influence so it stands out!

BoA's first single should be a mid-tempo, jazzy/classical/R&B style song with awesome smooth choreography and high notes, meaningful lyrics.

Combine Possibility and Eien with choreography from Lisette ~

Second single should be like Energetic and Girls on Top combined, let all hell break lose, stay classy of course. Outfit should be like in I Did It For Love (sleek/smooth/leather bondage/sexy).

MV would be all dance wih a small storyline. A catchy hook.

Third should be some sort of ballad, If you were here/soundscape/Possibility type, something you can still dance in.

Edited by Mashimaro-san, 13 April 2010 - 02:53 AM.

#25 °»¦¦Kkåm§hi_ ~¤ßøŤ

°»¦¦Kkåm§hi_ ~¤ßøŤ

BoA*-Virus-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:04 AM

Prefer her to dance(she can dance like damn damn good) and sing
Hope she can make an impact on her comeback or do something extraordinary :D

#26 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:28 AM

It seems like it'd be a little awkward though, to stray really far from her current Japanese image as that is "who she really is", and it won't make for the most impactful comeback but I guess she's adapted and maintained separate images simultaneously when it comes to Japan and Korea: Love & Honesty vs. My Name, etc.

I think she needs to stay faithful to what made her a national treasure in the first place but update it to who she is now. Being back home for an extended period of time will, I hope, inspire her to create even more heartfealt lyrics and music. Her Girls On Top persona was indeed the most striking image she's had but the album itself was one of her lowest selling Korean albums, so while many of us (including me) would like to see a ressurection of that BoA I would hope Korean fans would be a bit more receptive this time around. Her return seems to be pretty hyped-up though and it's been 5 years so rightfully so, therefore I guess it's not much to worry about.

When it comes to live performances, well..I just hope they get better than what she's been doing in Japan for the past year or so. Dancing should be fierce as usual. I've had the perception that among a good portion of BoA fans it goes like this: BoA's Korean albums > BoA's Japanese albums so I suppose I'm already more optimistic about the upcoming record's reception even though I'm not one of those people.

Overall, a strong yet perhaps subdued image fit for a comeback, awesome vocals, catchy dance/pop songs and emotionally powerful ballads are what I'm wanting to see. :D

Yes, please. :)

I think now, Korea would be more receptive to a mature image than back then, because back then, everyone loved cute, all the girl groups were cute, even the boy groups. (DBSK- Hug, Ballons?) So now, with the influx of mature/sexy singers, I think a mature BoA would fit in more. But I don't want her to be too similar to everyone else, having an unique image is crucial.

Also, I think the kpop industry overall at the time of My Name & GoT was declining. It wasn't just her album sales that were decreasing. For example, last year, the highest selling album was like 130k ish? Which is really sad. BoA sold more than that with GoT...

#27 starfire_1710

starfire_1710

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:43 AM

I think highest album sales last year was 250k (Sorry Sorry - SJ) but i agree that sales in kpop is declining much compared to 5 years ago. Now with any band or artist, 100k is considered success, right? It's hard to reach the sales like GOT album.

#28 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:45 PM

^Nope, it was Heartbreaker by G-Dragon, which sold about 130k albums.

Top selling album in 2007 didn't reach 200k either ): The only exception to the increasingly worse sales is DBSK with mirotic in 2008, selling 500k+.

I hope BoA can sell at least as much as GoT! I'd be happy if she just made some great music though (:

#29 mlyap7_boa

mlyap7_boa

Would take a bullet for BoA

• Members
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:16 PM

Yea it's really disappointin that the sales in K-Pop industry is declinin... :D
Sure can't wait to see how BoA will do, though I have faith she will do well... :)

#30 alsrudtj124

alsrudtj124

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• BoAjjang Translator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:57 PM

I changed my mind.

I liked the boyish look from GoT but it was more of a rough, raw boyish look. This time, I'd like a streamlined, crisp boyish look. Kind of like Sweet Impact MV. Very MJ. I think she'll approve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users