73 replies to this topic

#1 BoAnJae

BoAnJae

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:19 AM

Comeback is nearing, and I'm really excited. To me, she may be known in the kpop world, but I can't help but feel that she's just debuting lol, it's been a very long time and I am sure she's lost a lot of fans, so I feel like she's re-establishing herself and her fans again in Korea. Just my point of view.

She comes back in August right? I think YG confirmed BigBang is coming back during that month, so I'm worried for BoA. I know competition is inevitable but I still can't help but be worried for her. I'm pretty sure there are other artist that would be coming back during August but I'm just worried about BB because they have so many fans. I have faith in BoA and I'm sure she's bound to win some awards but as a fan for a long time, I'm still worried, does that make me crazy lol. Does anyone have a clue on how many JumpingBoA are left?

Please delete topic if it was already discussed. 

#2 mlyap7_boa

mlyap7_boa

Would take a bullet for BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:27 AM

We have discussed abt the comeback, but not about the competition...

BoA will be debutin most likely at the end of August or September so it would seem that the only strong competition is Big Bang but I'm ot really worried abt them either coz I have faith in BoA... -_-

She may have lost some fans through the years but I do think her fan base is still very strong & there'll be many people awaitin & lookin forward to this comeback too so I'm just awaitin to be amazed... :lol:

#3 leni

leni

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:47 AM

yea I'm also thinking about this because it has been five years since her last full album...
but I'm sure BoA's working hard on making a fantastic album to make up for the five years she hasn't been with her Korean fans... and I'm sure that those people and fans who truly love her (like us..:lol: ) will still be there for her no matter what.
yea Big Bang may be competition but I think they're also pretty worried that BoA will be coming back the same time as them..-_-
♥♥

#4 dreamsicles

dreamsicles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:21 AM

^ agreed.

as much as BoA would worry about Bigbang, Big bang would be worried about BoA. They are pitting against a legend, one of the 4 greatest after all.
and i don think BoA have just Jumping BoA rooting for her, there are fans from DBSK also, knowing how well they support both sides xD and with BoA and DBSK always mentioned together.

So now, i will just keep faith in BoA's return to the stages of kpop. and Jumping BoA is one of the strongest fanbase in korea too xD

Edited by dreamsicles, 04 June 2010 - 07:22 AM.

#5 BoAnJae

BoAnJae

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:25 AM

Hopefully, there will be a lot of Korean fans cheering her on. I'll support her no matter what, I'm ready to pre-order her album lol. Can't wait for news and teasers about her comeback, SM better treat her good or else lol. Off topic, the odd thing I'm awaiting most are her variety show appearances. I've seen some of BoA's variety show appearances but those were when she was in her teens, she was very young but I enjoyed watching her. Eversince my no.1, name and g.o.t., she suddenly disappeared from shows probably because of her busy schedule. I want her on strong heart, happy together, win win, Kang Ho Dong's show (The guru one with circle red cheeks lol), and maybe some star king because I want to see BoA laugh and smile. Oh yeah, I am also looking forward to the encore performances after she wins awards, I remember her doing heart shape dances and being so playful on stage. Gosh, I'm talking way too much, but I'm just too excited. I seriously can't wait any longer. I'll stay away from thinking about competition, I have faith BoA can succeed with her Korean comeback, I know for sure she'll give us awesome performances, BoA fighting!!!

#6 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:33 AM

I think BoA has lost some fans, but at the same time, she also won new fans through her Japanese releases. Her fans in Korea also kept updated with BoA's stuffs in Japan, so I don't think BoA lost popularity.
And I do believe (as many of us here do) people, not just BoA's fans, are eager to her comeback, so people will give her support. Don't forget BoA will win some new fans also if her album is very good :lol:.

#7 boaislove

boaislove

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:14 AM

Of course I also want her to do good in the competition, but in Korea, I am not worried as much as I am with her career in Japan. I don't know why >_<

Anyway, yes, I believe and hope that she hasn't lost that much popularity after her 5 years leave from the Korean stage.
Being a legendary name in a country has its benefits.
The media, with no doubt, will place her name in the headlines, and SM Ent surely won't be sitting idly while her album is being released. I'm expecting them to do all kinds of promos. (Can't wait to see BoA in a Korean CM again >_<)

As for her competition in Korea.. *sigh* I don't know. I'm not aspiring for a number one. But I believe BoA can still do it.

#8 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:19 AM

There is always competition out there. No matter who is releasing.
I highly doubt Big Bang is "afraid" of BoA and vise versa. They are two different genres. Although Big Bang is a bit of pop, that are also rap. Its not like Big Bang is going up against 2PM or Epik High.
I thought Se7en was also debuting around the same time. I would say he is competition because of his fan base and popularity. He hasn't been gone as long as BoA, however, he hasn't released anything anywhere in a while.
Solo artists aren't around that much anymore and I think people are starting to get sick of groups. So new kpop fans will be intrigued by BoA being a solo artist.
I hope she changes the style that Kpop is going towards right now. Many of the new kpop fans that I met don't know who BoA is. So I tried introducing her stuff to them and they said "wow this is super old...I want something like f(x) thats bubbly" o.O...BoA really isn't the bubbly type. No.1 or My Sweetie wasn't even enough "bubbly" for them. I say that have bad taste in music. They were shocked I have been listening to kpop for almost 8 years, compared to their 2 xD.

#9 huggywuggy`

huggywuggy`

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:20 AM

woah! some people don't know who BoA is?! that threw me in for a loop XD

Almost all the new kpop fans I've talked to know who BoA is for her GOT releases and of course Eat You Up. Although the US debut didn't garner any noticeable success in the states, it sure did bring her even more recognition to Asian Countries outside of Japan =)

I really wish she doesn't go bubbly. I'm sure she'll look cute and what not, but god. It'll grow old and wearisome. I'm hoping for something raw, with very little use of autotune and hardcore dancing (ex. bad drive ^^; )

The competition worries me. I really want her comeback to be very very successful, so that it skyrockets her to the top again. I'm pretty sure her comeback will guarantee moderate success just because of her name and her past success. So SM better help her in releasing an amazing album. That stays true to BoA's style but still goes forward in a new direction.

Regardless, always supporting boa!

boa hwaiting!!

#10 Baco__

Baco__

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:34 AM

^
^this happens a lot to me when I try introduce BoA to those n00bs k-pop "so called fans". srsly, they know only groups and think SuJu and SNSD are the best singers ever.

think 4minute rock and don't know what was S.E.S. nor Fin.K.L and don't even know DBSK before MIROTIC.

I'm sick of them. Kinda being ashamed of liking kpop these times :/

Edited by Baco__, 04 June 2010 - 09:38 AM.

#11 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:44 AM

Not as ashamed as I feel when listening to KBS world radio and all the songs requested are by 2PM, Wonder Girls, and MBLAQ...really? Does no one listen to good 90s/early 00s kpop anymore?!
I requested No.1 once and the DJ actually read my request and played it. I was so surprised! But I started dancing at work because they did.

I have talked with many kpop fans. The new ones (like going on 2 years or less) don't know who BoA is because shes not on Korean TV shows promoting her music or promoting her Korean music for that matter. Not yet. That's what you guys have to think about. 5 years is a long time for someone. People that were 25 when listening to Girls on Top are now 30, others that were 10 are now 15. Unless older fans introduced BoA to them, they didn't hear much of her in that whole 5 years. Unless you count Anyband, which was 3 years ago. But you never know if people really didn't know who BoA was and simply listened to the Anyband releases.

But, like someone else said. I feel that DBSK fans will support BoA because of the bond between DBSK and BoA throughout the years. Since DBSK is pretty much...disbanded (T_T...) the fans have more time to support another artist or group.

#12 Baco__

Baco__

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:54 AM

^Finally! someone understands me! I introduced kpop to most of my friends and the ones that still listen to it are addicted to Big Bang, MBLAQ, 2PM and 4minute/SNSD.

I mean, REALLY? I gave you BoA, HyoRi, S.E.S., CSJH, Zhang Li Yin, Lee Jung Hyun and you listen to... that.

It's not that I don't like them. I like some new groups like WG and 2NE1 (and I guess that this is it haha), but there were life before G-Dragon and Jaebum :C

#13 *c o n v e r s e

*c o n v e r s e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:49 AM

isn't 2NE1 also coming back this summer? anyway, i'm not worried about competition because i'm sure many fans have been waiting for her comeback for a long time! (-cough- me :lol:)

#14 MOTOWAYohsixfive

MOTOWAYohsixfive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 12:57 PM

Big Bang is huge in Korea... BoA used to be huge.
If this was around 2006 or 2007, I'd say BoA would no doubt get #1's. I think Big Bang will definitely have better sales and chart positions now.

#15 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:09 PM

What's the competition...?

I always thought BoA was like the Ayumi Hamasaki of Korea.

BoA's only competition would be Se7en, but even in the past, BoA has beat Rain, Se7en, Hyori Lee, etc.

So really the only thign BoA should be worried about is whether she'll meet people's expectations.

I believe BoA already knows that.

BoA has stated many times that if she does comeback to Korea, the expectations are much higher.

P.S: I really dislike K-pop nowadays, it's not RAW, it's like PLASTIC/SUGAR/BOYS IN SKINNY JEANS/etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users