73 replies to this topic

#31 hanjin

hanjin

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:03 AM

well, i don't know if you guys remember this but when BoA left Korea in 2005, she wasn't the best selling singer there. However, she WAS indeed THE BEST SELLING FEMALE ARTIST. Korean music industry has changed a lot in the past few years. Idol groups are doing pretty quite well these days. And Big Bang now is a huge name in Korea. Although im a hardcore BoA's fans, I have to admit that Big Bang is a competition to her in term of album sales. I won't be surprised if BoA's sales for her new Korean album can't surpass Super Junior, Big Bang or SNSD sales. But seriously, there is no point in comparing solo artists with groups. They are even on different categories in the annual award shows. So, you don't have to worry because Big Bang or other groups can't snatch the title "Best female singer of the year" or something ^^ I believe BoA can hold the title "Best selling female artist" in Korea despite of the fact that many solo acts are making their comeback this year (Son Dam Bi, Seo In Young, Lee Hyo Ri, Ivy,etc)
Btw, you can go here to see how many Jumping BoA left
http://cafe.daum.net/boa54
It's her official Korean fanclub, although the fans are leaving day by day (yeah, i know it's sad) but Jumping BoA is still ranked no.3 among Korean fanclubs (fyi, DBSK's fanclub is no.1 and Big Bang's fc is no.2)

Edited by hanjin, 05 June 2010 - 02:09 AM.

#32 Amrai-chan

Amrai-chan

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 03:03 AM

I think she'll do just fine. I'm sure there are many waiting on her come back and when she does she'll likely regain old fans and get some new ones.

#33 BoAnJae

BoAnJae

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 03:47 AM

Oh I've been to her cafe daum but I didn't know that number was the official count of JumpingBoAs. Oh, about the decline of numbers, it's not just BoA, it's DBSK, BigBang, etc. They're all declining in numbers of their official cafe daum, there are very few that increase but not everyday. I created this topic wanting to know what people thought of the competition because I'm always worried lol, it's her damn comeback that's making me anxious and nervous lol. One thing I don't want is people going into topics comparing BoA and other artists musically and talent wise, we like what we like, we can't question why other newer fans like the newer generation of Kpop, my sister has been a fan of kpop since I was and that was many years ago, but now guess who she likes...SNSD, and I don't mind because people have different taste in music and it was easier for her to adapt to the "New Kpop." Anyways, album counts, I doubt that BoA would be able to surpass what the big groups are selling, well you never know, she may surprise us lol, but like someone said, she would be able to surpass the soloist in terms of sales and anyone in her category, I have no doubt that she will be able to do better than Hyori and Rain, let's just wait for se7en and see what the future holds. And I know in the year end events, female soloist have their own category, it would be awesome if BoA can snatch that and I'm sure she will be able to.

I don't think SM would be silly enough to promote two artists during the same time, so the possibility of CSJH coming back in August is very slim, maybe a few weeks or one month after BoA, but at the same time, that would never happen. I'm hoping they make a comeback too, they were talented and it's such a waste to not promote them anymore.

#34 tikaluph

tikaluph

ALL I WANT IS SOMETHING NEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:43 AM

aaahhhh~
I cant join BoA's Daum Cafe :lol:
it requires Korean Sociery Number ^_^:(:(
sad, sad, sad.

August competition?
not just BB but also 2NE1. and as I remember, I think GD is fanboy of BoA.
I'm so glad if they will make a good moment :P
for me, I never afraid of BoA's comeback. I dont care abt the competition or else.
all I think is BoA has her comeback. that's it :D

and yeah~ SM never let their artist fight in the same period.

#35 dreamsicles

dreamsicles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:55 AM

^^ I don't think that is true.

Now that i look at and compared BoA's/Rain's/Hyori's/Se7en's sales, I don't think BoA or us need to worry too much!

Hyori has never sold high, but she's really popular. Her sales are nothing compared to BoA
Rain even at his peak is nothing comparable to BoA.
Same goes to se7en.

Amongst the four, BoA outshines all of them in terms of sales and popularity.
So I hope her korean comeback will mean a huge success to her and boost her sales/popularity even more!

CROSSES FINGERS xD

i agree with this, BoA outshines the rest of the 4 greatest in terms of both aspects, but when it comes to groups, sometimes thing can be just different. you will never know. and all i that i said and i highlighted the bit, "and this is all just an assumption though.". so everything is just thought up and only an assumption. I myself is never worry about BoA's korean works.

and about someone saying fanclubs, yes, BoA still have the 3rd largest fanbase in Korea, but now somehow, the count in fanbase isnt really accurate. if you ask me, BoA would have the support from DBSK's fanbase too, because of the bond BoA shared with DBSK. maybe even SuJu, with the AB sisters. that would kinda increase the fanbase count isnt it? But now we look at Hottest, their fanbase arent big, but they are so dedicated, they would do whatever it takes to let their artist be number one. Again, everything i said is just an opinion or assumption in some case.

as hanjin said also, there is no point comparing groups with solos, some awards that groups can get, solo is unable to take.
and if BoA herself is not worried about popularity, we shouldnt worry too much on it either. We all know she will give her best, to meet ours and her own expectations. Whether winning no.1 or not, we all know she did her best and thats should be what it all about isnt? Although we do all wished that she reclaim her name as the Best of Asia, reclaim her status in Korea.

Competition is always there, so instead of worrying about it, why not just keep faith and believe in her that she will meet the expectation of her fans and surpass herself once again :lol:

Cheers.

#36 BoAnJae

BoAnJae

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:14 AM

^ I agree.  By the way, if you're Korean, would you be able to join more than one official fan cafe?Always wondered that, like if you're an official JumpingBoA, would it be possible for the person to be an official ELF or Sone? Sorry, I ask so many questions lol, I've always been curious, been following BoA and ignoring kpop for so long, I haven't been able to like anyone like BoA other than DBSK, I listen to the new kpop but I don't follow news and performances like I do for BoA and DBSK.

Oh and one more thing, SM better plan for BoA to make at least one variety show appearance or I'll be so freaking sad. But anyone else know why she's scheduled for sketchbook earlier than her comeback, I think it was the 10 of august right? And her comeback is at the end of August...

#37 mlyap7_boa

mlyap7_boa

Would take a bullet for BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:32 AM

^ Yea I always wondered if one would be a member of more than one fanclub too... :lol:
I don't think BoA will be appearin much on variety shows, I do hope to see her perform a lot though... ^_^

#38 Ericia_90

Ericia_90

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:51 AM

I haven't been able to like anyone like BoA other than DBSK, I listen to the new kpop but I don't follow news and performances like I do for BoA and DBSK.

LOL! Me too but i do see their performance live and i always told my sister "see, their live is not good at all compared to BoA" XD I'm biased but my sister agree with what i said.

I didn't know that BoA daum is Jumping BoA though. I thought we can't see Jumping BoA just like SOUL fanclub. Most of the artist fan cafes have people leaving but i noticed one day, SNSD cafes are the one increasing! :/ The power of 9 girls. XD Ok, Back to the topic, i also want to know whether you can sign up 2 or more cafes using the same korea pass/ID/whatever its called.

#39 boaislove

boaislove

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:58 AM

*sigh*

one thing's certain. Reading the posts here gives me unrest, and makes my wait for August 25 much HARDER.
Agsh, I want to see how well she'll fair with the others >_<

SM WE'RE DYING FOR UPDATES T_T

Edited by boaislove, 05 June 2010 - 09:13 AM.

#40 alsrudtj124

alsrudtj124

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• BoAjjang Translator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:31 AM

I don't think we need to worry that much. I read a Korean newspaper article that BoA is the most bankable option (of course this was back in My Name/GoT days) and is literally called by companies 'a walking enterprise.' =)

#41 Lily

Lily

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:16 AM

Nah I'm not worried. BoA is BoA :] No matter how many fans BB may have, (I'm definitely one of them ha) or anyone else for that matter, there's always a ton of fans loyal to BoA no matter what! I don't think she'll have a problem :lol:

#42 tikaluph

tikaluph

ALL I WANT IS SOMETHING NEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:10 AM

*sigh*

one thing's certain. Reading the posts here gives me unrest, and makes my wait for August 25 much HARDER.
Agsh, I want to see how well she'll fair with the others >_<

SM WE'RE DYING FOR UPDATES T_T

^
yeah~! me too! I'm dying to see the update.
for SNSD case, SM likes to tell the world about their comeback.
for SUJU case, maybe bcuz of the sensitiveness, SM just released their comeback about 3 weeks before the date.
and I dunno if SM will do same thing with BoA. I hope it's not!

It's her official Korean fanclub, although the fans are leaving day by day (yeah, i know it's sad) but Jumping BoA is still ranked no.3 among Korean fanclubs (fyi, DBSK's fanclub is no.1 and Big Bang's fc is no.2)

^
aaahhh~ the order isnt same again. now, #1 is Jay Park, #2 TVXQ, #3 B2ST, #4 SNSD, etc.
and once again.. Daum Fan Cafe's numbers are not equal with Jumping BoA's numbers.
because some fan cafes allow non-Korean for joining it. but for BoA54, it doesnt allow foreigner to join.

Edited by tikaluph, 06 June 2010 - 12:15 AM.

#43 boaislove

boaislove

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:22 AM

aaahhh~ the order isnt same again. now, #1 is Jay Park, #2 TVXQ, #3 B2ST, #4 SNSD, etc.
and once again.. Daum Fan Cafe's numbers are not equal with Jumping BoA's numbers.
because some fan cafes allow non-Korean for joining it. but for BoA54, it doesnt allow foreigner to join.[/font][/size]

Just by looking at the rankings you stated, it's obvious that it belongs to another category, and I'm pretty sure that doesn't equate to the artists' total fan base. Jay Park beating TVXQ? B2ST beating SNSD? >_<

Browsing through soompi made me see the total numbers for the fanclubs, and indeed, Jumping BoA's numbers are decreasing, but so is 80% of all the artists. The decrease in Jumping BoA's numbers seems to be even less drastic than the others - on the same rate as Hyori, who is currently active in Korea, though BoA's numbers are still higher.

#44 hanjin

hanjin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:28 AM

^
yeah~! me too! I'm dying to see the update.
for SNSD case, SM likes to tell the world about their comeback.
for SUJU case, maybe bcuz of the sensitiveness, SM just released their comeback about 3 weeks before the date.
and I dunno if SM will do same thing with BoA. I hope it's not!

^
because some fan cafes allow non-Korean for joining it. but for BoA54, it doesnt allow foreigner to join.

Well, i dont know much about the other Korean fansites, but as far as i know, they rank fanclubs based on the number of members in those fan cafes. DBSK sets Guinness World Record for having the largest fanclub with over 800,000 members in their fan cafe. But the number is decreasing day by day, so it's not 800,000 anymore. Although every artist has a lot of fan sites out their but somehow the cafe daum is the official one.
And up to now, BoA's fan cafe is still ranked No.3 after DBSK and Big Bang

Edited by hanjin, 06 June 2010 - 12:29 AM.

#45 t3_tien

t3_tien

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:34 AM

I just wonder will SOUL and international fans buy BoA comeback album to support BoA and increase the selling number, cause I will ^^
I want to ask that because I think Japanese version won't be count in the charts, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users