#46 dreamsicles

dreamsicles

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:41 AM

^
yeah~! me too! I'm dying to see the update.
for SNSD case, SM likes to tell the world about their comeback.
for SUJU case, maybe bcuz of the sensitiveness, SM just released their comeback about 3 weeks before the date.
and I dunno if SM will do same thing with BoA. I hope it's not!

^
aaahhh~ the order isnt same again. now, #1 is Jay Park, #2 TVXQ, #3 B2ST, #4 SNSD, etc.
and once again.. Daum Fan Cafe's numbers are not equal with Jumping BoA's numbers.
because some fan cafes allow non-Korean for joining it. but for BoA54, it doesnt allow foreigner to join.

about this, if i remember correctly, the fan clubs and fan cafe are of a different category. daum fan cafe and the ranking that soompi have are of different category. and if i am not wrong, the one in soompi is the so called " overall fan base" that artist have in Korea.

#47 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:10 AM

Looking at the fanclubs that soompi has, Hyori has more than BoA D: Everyone join on soompi!

Anyways on topic: There's bound to be competition as August draws near, BoA won't be the only one promoting :lol: So far, it's been revealed Big Bang, 2NE1 (Maybe?), and I just read that Jiyoon from 4Minute will be making a solo debut as well. We can just hope for the best and have faith in BoA (:

#48 kireisnowtenshi

kireisnowtenshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:46 AM

I think BoA. Isn't too much worried about her album sales as compared to the quality of music she produces for her comeback.

When she came out with 'My Name' it was huge for her. Compared to her previous Korean music such as 'Atlantis Princess', which I still hate to this day lol, 'My Name' had sooooo manyy performnaces that year and no one could really touch her during that time. When she released 'Girls on Top' it was like wow...this is why BoA is BoA...no one can really be gone that long and come back better than ever.

So I think this comeback is just going to be another great chapter in her Korean career. Her 'competition' isn't really comparable....there is pretty much no one like BoA on the scene in Korea now soooo her only real competition is herself. Being really fortunate to have loved kpop for practically over 10 years (wow I feel so old and wise lmao) now I have yet to see a star that is able to leave and comeback so many times and still maintain their status of being the best. That's something a lot of KPOP stars and idols only dream of to have a status like that all over the world.

#49 dreamsicles

dreamsicles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:20 AM

I think BoA. Isn't too much worried about her album sales as compared to the quality of music she produces for her comeback.

When she came out with 'My Name' it was huge for her. Compared to her previous Korean music such as 'Atlantis Princess', which I still hate to this day lol, 'My Name' had sooooo manyy performnaces that year and no one could really touch her during that time. When she released 'Girls on Top' it was like wow...this is why BoA is BoA...no one can really be gone that long and come back better than ever.

So I think this comeback is just going to be another great chapter in her Korean career. Her 'competition' isn't really comparable....there is pretty much no one like BoA on the scene in Korea now soooo her only real competition is herself. Being really fortunate to have loved kpop for practically over 10 years (wow I feel so old and wise lmao) now I have yet to see a star that is able to leave and comeback so many times and still maintain their status of being the best. That's something a lot of KPOP stars and idols only dream of to have a status like that all over the world.

this is exactly what i am saying also. so no need to feel old about it xD

yes, i agree, Big Bang is a competition, but it is nothing compare to BoA having a competition with herself. to me, surpassing herself once again would be the greatest achievement ever. and from what i remember, from my name to Got, BoA surpasses herself each time, and never fails to own the stage. practically untouchable at that time. 5 years later, it will be much harder for that to happen, and if she can do it, i don see why we fans should be worry about competition. KEEP FAITH!! AND BELIEVE.

#50 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:49 AM

And buy the album...that would certainly help as well...

#51 lordangelic

lordangelic

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:03 AM

Relax, I think this time, BoA has to pit against herself to release a greater and better album, basically outdo her previous albums. About achievements and awards, I have no worries for those, BoA has already received the life-time achievement award, there's no other higher award.

PS: "Atlantis princess" is a GREAT song, I havent, I repeat I havent seen ANY of such songs, expressing innocence and joy so simply and smoothly in KPOP in a very long time. All those young girls do their "sexy routine" in kpop nowadays.

Edited by lordangelic, 06 June 2010 - 11:07 AM.

#52 boocmarc

boocmarc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:53 PM

like it or not BB is gonna be a competition for sure
they are HUGE in korea, probably second to DBSK/SUJU.
so yeah, don't be like shocked if BB's comeback generates more publicity than BoA's
but I'm sure BoA's gonna bring her A game like all her past comebacks in korea. SM better put in $$$$$ to promote her because she deserves it after 10 years working her @ss off for them.

#53 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:08 PM

Honestly, BoA and Se7en are the only ones making a comeback.

All the other artists are just releasing another album this year.

BoA released an album 5 YEARS AGO, now that's a comeback.

BoA's competition? Se7en, DUH, they're the only ones that are making comebacks.

One year hiatus isn't considered a comeback. On average, an album takes a year to complete.

Many of them release mini-albums, so they weren't even really away.

K-pop needs to get their brains straight what a comeback is, Jesus Christ.

In the USA, all artists would be having comebacks then because album releases have two year intervals here.

This thread is pointless.

Edited by Mashimaro-san, 06 June 2010 - 01:11 PM.

#54 pocketboi

pocketboi

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 03:37 PM

Ugh... Why does this feel like IDENTITY all over again?

#55 mlyap7_boa

mlyap7_boa

Would take a bullet for BoA

• Members
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:02 PM

^ Nah, just don't bother...
This will keep happenin here, guess we'll just have to live with it... ^_^

Anyway, as Cori said, buy the album... :lol:

#56 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:09 PM

I'm just annoyed how people throw around the meaning of a comeback.

IDK, in K-pop if you don't release an album within 5 months you're going to have a comeback apparently.

#57 mlyap7_boa

mlyap7_boa

Would take a bullet for BoA

• Members
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:15 PM

^ That I know, the Koreans really misuse the word comeback...

#58 pocketboi

pocketboi

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:40 PM

I'm just annoyed how people throw around the meaning of a comeback.

IDK, in K-pop if you don't release an album within 5 months you're going to have a comeback apparently.

QFT... and Big Bang has been releasing all those videos with Kim Yuna so technically they had their "comeback" a long time ago.

#59 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:50 PM

I think the fact she's been gone so long will add to the hype, and that's great publicity. What matters now is that she gets paired up with songs that will really capture the public's interest. :lol:

#60 boocmarc

boocmarc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:02 PM

Mashimaro-san comeback in kpop is simple as that. singers "come back" w/ new material doesn't matter how long it has been.

no need to get annoyed over this..it's kpop culture.

Edited by boocmarc, 06 June 2010 - 09:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users