73 replies to this topic

#61 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:10 PM

QFT... and Big Bang has been releasing all those videos with Kim Yuna so technically they had their "comeback" a long time ago.

Then we would be calling BoA's participation in Anyband as a comeback.

I wouldn't call that a comeback.
Comebacks in Korea involve pretty much an album release, but lately, singles or mini-albums are getting popular (I don't have any idea why...). Shouting Korea was one song...the other videos were promotional videos.
Does that mean that Kim Yuna had her debut in Korea because she participated in that song? no.

Big Bang hasn't come back yet. Their album is still releasing in august and it is still awaited for.

A comeback is just that, when you comeback. Whether it be from a year or two of being away or 3 months. You still were off the stage in Korea for a long period of time. New look, new songs, new techniques.

#62 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:21 AM

Maybe in a K-pop sense I guess ~

I just find it really weird because to me a comeback is like when an artist is inactive for longer periods.

I never considered one year hiatus as a comeback because in American and soemtimes J-pop pop artists are usually inactive for one year (they tour and suff).

I'm just used to the American/Japanese definition of a comeback.

I mean for example Utada Hikaru, she releases albums like when pigs fly, yet they're never called comebacks, simply just releasing another album.

But whatever, to me, BoA and Se7en are the ones making the real comebacks, I mean inactive for like 5 years, they are really coming back.

Edited by Mashimaro-san, 07 June 2010 - 02:23 AM.

#63 zeidrich

zeidrich

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:06 AM

im not worried at all... she is a legend already... and with good materials, it will succeed....

#64 dreamsicles

dreamsicles

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:29 AM

I'm just annoyed how people throw around the meaning of a comeback.

IDK, in K-pop if you don't release an album within 5 months you're going to have a comeback apparently.

this i would QFT. comeback after a month or 2 and goodbye stage 2 weeks later. this is Korea now. but as others have said, it might be just coming back with new stuffs and image, which in a sense is a simpler term of comeback stage. back in 2005, BoA's GoT is also considered a comeback stage, although it was a year after. but i really think the word "comeback" varies between people and country. in the US, there are artist that release stuff with 2 to 3 years intervals and still not calling it a comeback yet. so i am guessing it varies.

#65 kitzutsuita

kitzutsuita

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:36 AM

Please for all you fans that cared, buy the album to boost her sales. kk? Cause I will.

#66 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:04 AM

I will buy, I'm gonna see if there's an Hong Kong version or something...

#67 MrP

MrP

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:27 AM

I agree this' more of a personal challenge to surpass herself and to satisfy her fans that've been waiting for her. After five years you cannot expect her to be on top again magically. I'm not concerned at all for her status, rather it's the quality of her music and performance I'll be looking at because at the end of the day her music and perfs that makes me like her and not high numbers.

I won't be buying unless I hear some good tunes.
From this point I will no longer blindly support her like I have in the past. I've waited five years for this comeback and I'm expecting 200% from her so she better give all she's got and not screw this up. No more excuses, not more 'oh she's been working for 10 years give her a break!!!' F that.

#68 Yabisi

Yabisi

Robot BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:32 AM

^True dat.

I won't buy her album to help her sales. I'll buy it because it sounds good.

#69 dreamsicles

dreamsicles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:23 PM

^
^
yeap. i am too dying for some great tunes and powerful stage presence she once had. she can surpass herself and our expectations, there is nothing more i can asked for. Number.1 is just a name.

#70 Aestas

Aestas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:37 PM

Whether its Big Bang, 2ne1 or Se7en... BoA will definitely be against some YG competition. i'm not sure exactly what the order is or whether any of them will be delayed or released on time, but definitely YG has their artists all lined up for the second half of this year... and YG has been on a roll for the last few years. other than YG, i can't think of any other artist that will be much competition for BoA.

Ivy will be coming back in September but she's supposed to be releasing a ballad. so not much competition there. there really aren't any veteran singers left. unless Hyori comes out with some surprise single... lol.

#71 alsrudtj124

alsrudtj124

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• BoAjjang Translator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:21 PM

^
Yeah Hyori is releasing a repackage album of h.logic in August.

#72 tikaluph

tikaluph

ALL I WANT IS SOMETHING NEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:11 PM

and if you cant buy the album, you can buy it ONLINE.
isnt it cheaper?

and about comeback.
I cant wait for BoA's comeback stage!
3 stages for 3 music shows!

#73 Ericia_90

Ericia_90

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:34 AM

I don't think that Hyori will be a competition to BoA because her sales ain't that good though. Well, that's my opinion. No offense to those who love hyori and i think that BoA surpassing herself is the BIGGEST competition then 2nd will be those YG artist.

^ Yup! 3 stages for 3 music shows!!!!!! :blink:

#74 winter_love000

winter_love000

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:27 PM

i'm not too worried about BoA since her album still manages to come 1st in the charts in Korea even if they're japanese/english =) she'll do fine! BoA faith <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users