#1 kadykutthroat

kadykutthroat

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:33 AM

POPULAR

i recently had a problem with my cousin telling my friend some of my personal business that i wasn't ready for him to know.
i told her i was upset with her because she had no right to tell him and i would have on my own time.
she seems to think she had every right since he would have found out sooner or later.
just wondering if you guys think it is okay to tell someone somebody elses personal business.
i think NO

#2 briannafifield

briannafifield

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:30 AM

I think you're right, kadykutthroat. She did violate your privacy, but then again, you have to be careful who you tell personal, private information to, if you don't want it getting out. I know you trusted your cousin with this information and she violated your privacy, I'm just saying to be careful who you tell things to. And she may have told your friend because she was worried about you and/or your well-being, or she thought you were being deceitful. I'm not saying she was right, I'm just trying to get the whole picture here, since you kind of gave a vague scenario. Trust me, I've gone through the same thing so many times, its unbelievable. And each time it was my own fault in the end for telling certain people.

Not trying to bash on you, just passing on my advice to you from my own experiences. I really hope everything works out for you.

#3 *c o n v e r s e

*c o n v e r s e

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:29 PM

you have to be careful who you tell personal, private information to, if you don't want it getting out. I know you trusted your cousin with this information and she violated your privacy, I'm just saying to be careful who you tell things to.

^ This. Even if you trust the person you're telling the info to, you can't be sure he/she won't tell.

And she may have told your friend because she was worried about you and/or your well-being, or she thought you were being deceitful.

^ Agreed. Sometimes telling is better than not telling but it depends on the situation.

Your cousin is to blame for violating your privacy and you have every right to be upset. Just be careful of what you tell others and try not to tell private info to ppl unless you know for sure they'll keep their mouth shut about it.

#4 dreamsicles

dreamsicles

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:33 PM

if you think that this particular matter is too personal for you, but yet you need someone to talk to, you can try and talk to your parents. I believe parents will not sold you out or anything.

If you think that you have a had time speaking to them, might as well you keep them to yourself, or talk to someone you really trust.
Do not think that you talk to your relatives, they will not tell others. talk with someone that really will understand your current state. coz some of them just dunno to differentiate between whether is it good to tell others or not, some might just think that you are easy to bully and tells others for the sake of fun. just speaking from my own experience.

#5 kadykutthroat

kadykutthroat

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:29 PM

Well, I had planned on telling the guy- just was not ready to yet.
It is a thing from my past that I still struggle with and he had brought it up to me and when I left my cousin took it upon herself to fill him in.

#6 walkthroughme

walkthroughme

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:36 AM

My mother has a tendency to do the same thing. Even when she tells me that we shouldn't tell someone something, she just goes ahead and tells them instead. She's been really bad for it lately since there's some intense personal things going on at the moment. It's so frustrating.

Your cousin was in the wrong. She's your family and if you hadn't said anything yourself when he brought it up she should have never took it upon herself to do all of the telling. She should have kept her mouth shut and let you talk about it in your own time.

I agree with others that you must be careful about who you share information with but, one doesn't exactly expect to be sold-out by a family member.

I hope that everything is alright now ):

#7 briannafifield

briannafifield

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:59 AM

She should have kept her mouth shut and let you talk about it in your own time.

^ I agree 100%. I hope that things are better now, and that everything works out ok. I wish you the best :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users