#61 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:00 AM

Guess we saw this coming, this single being a flop
it really was mediocre. Not suprising its not selling well.
Another factor quite well be the competition (ie. AKB48) so yeh
If she does sign with another label after AVEX, lets hope they don't reshash her korean works (looking at you Universal with the korean girl group roundup)

Guess in the future after her korean activities, we may see more korean releases maybe? or she may go back to japan and try again.
Or quite possibly work on some US materials. But yeh. Its all over the place.

I have a feeling most of her time for the rest of the year will be spent in Korea, and then in 2011 she'll do some more activities in the USA. I think she should just take a year or two off from Japan.

And your right, the single was doomed from the beginning, soon as I heard the snippet I turned away from the title track. The B-side while good for a first listen just got old very fast and boring.

Edited by BoA_rocks_in_english, 27 July 2010 - 06:01 AM.

#62 lordangelic

lordangelic

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:46 AM

Rather than BoA being over, I would say Avex is almost over. Avex hasnt been releasing good song materials for any of its artistes recently in my opinion, with the consequences that all of its prized singers are all suffering from steadily declining sales and popularity. I hope she signs with another company, and reboots her Japanese career.

#63 Yabisi

Yabisi

Robot BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:08 PM

I don't think it's a bad ranking actually. There are other BoA singles that were not in the top 10 either, and she really only has one #1 ranked song. Her singles sales aren't as strong in general.

#64 a_chan

a_chan

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:17 PM

Okay honestly, it's not as if BoA is the only one with low sales lately so I think it's a bit of an exaggeration to say her Japanese career is 'over'. It's still in the top 10, that should be enough to show how weak the Japanese music industry is lately. Besides, there was barely any promotion so I'm really not surprised.

#65 boalohanuiloa

boalohanuiloa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:35 PM

Well that's the opinion of you and some of those blogs. I actually like the song. The song may not be a strong HIT or anything but heck it's something to keep us entertained. I think you guys have forgotten the meaning of music. It's not to have it to be the TOP SELLING song wherever it charts, but to touch people. It seems like as long as you guys see that the song is high charting (number 1 or 2) the song is AMAZING, and OH I JUST LOVE IT. It was like this with Bump Bump too. You guys have to support BoA, she may not be having to best time right now because she's always so darn busy. I can sense this will happen with her Korean come back too.

Couldn't agree more! :) I've said before that probably the only disadvantage BoA has is that there is not enough BoA to go around for everyone. US, Japan, Korea. Everyone wants a piece of her and I think it's burning her out. I could tell from her identity tour. And yes.. what's on the chart does not reflex the music! She never forgets her fans and everything she works hard for is for us so lets all continue to support her, especially at this time with her comeback! :lol:

#66 jessiep

jessiep

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,313 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:25 PM

I really hope that Avex will realize that they cannot keep BoA having the cute/nice image forever. They need to spice up her image.

#67 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:39 PM

I really hope that Avex will realize that they cannot keep BoA having the cute/nice image forever. They need to spice up her image.

Every time she tries, the Japanese fans won't accept it.

Besides, she's only 24. Artists far older than that have done cute/happy songs. There's no age limit on having fun! :)

#68 jessiep

jessiep

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,313 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:53 PM

She has only made 2 attempts so far, right? (Make a secret and Lose your mind)...Both songs are :)
Maybe, the 3rd time is the charm :lol:

#69 anime811

anime811

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:04 AM

Lol not sure if anyone cares but her sales for woo weekend after 3 weeks is
11,033 D:. According to Uriboa :X

#70 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:10 AM

Meh I hardly care about sales anymore. I've accepted the fact that Ave xTrax is on its decline.

Koda Kumi is experiencing it the most right now actually, massive decline in sales too.

Not only BoA.

However, the thing I'm dissapoitned with BoA is that there really is nothing new in Japan for her, it's always the same recycled material.

I think Namie Amuro is the only one from avex trax that managed to increase her sales lately.

J-pop is now doomed like Korea, bound for Idolism.

Unless J-pop solo divas such as Ayu and Namie do soemthign about it it'll be Arashi, SMAP, AAA world.

#71 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:45 AM

^ There will always be Utada Hikaru! If she ever releases another album in Japan...

I think she'd be immune to this massive downfall of Jpop ^^ After all, her last album STILL managed to sell 1,000,000+ !

& Wow... Woo Weekend didn't sell more than bump bump T__T

Lowest selling single yet...?

Edited by Kwcty6888, 12 August 2010 - 08:46 AM.

#72 otsugua

otsugua

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:50 AM

^ There will always be Utada Hikaru! If she ever releases another album in Japan...

I think she'd be immune to this massive downfall of Jpop ^^ After all, her last album STILL managed to sell 1,000,000+ !

& Wow... Woo Weekend didn't sell more than bump bump T__T

Lowest selling single yet...?

You do know that Utada just announced that she's going on a sabbatical for a time undetermined. She's taking a break from creating music. She's releasing a new Singles Collection with 4-5 new songs. But after that, that's all you'll be getting from her for a very long time.

#73 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:22 AM

^ Yeah I know, so sad T____T When she comes back it'll be like BoA coming back xD 3 + year absence...

#74 Yabisi

Yabisi

Robot BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:48 AM

:/ I wish they could've promoted this single more. Man I wish I could've promoted it :[

#75 angelzstar

angelzstar

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:30 AM

I actually like this song a lot! I mean, yeah, when I first heard it, I was like what's with the beginning? Then, after watching her MV and performances, I can say that the song is growing on me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users