155 replies to this topic

#106 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:27 AM

She may be original compared to kpop but shes not original. The real original one would be Madonna not gaga. What made her big was her quirky personality, outrageous clothing, and her catchy lyrics that would be stuck in you head for weeks, that's what made her big not her being original. She may have some good songs with great lyrics but you still can still find un-originality in some of her tracks and she uses auto-tune yet no one complains of her. I like gaga, don't get me wrong, she's good and all but she's still not original. Attack me all you want but it's true. If my sister ever read this post, she would hunt me down with a knife because she's a hardcore little monster but she also can't deny that fact.

That's what I said, Lady Gaga copies Madonna and Grace Jones, I already stated that.

I was comparing Lady Gaga to K-pop.

#107 huggywuggy`

huggywuggy`

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:08 AM

this song garnered a lot of new listeners. and everyone who said boa's voice sounded weird after GOT, said she sounds really good in the end. =)

This song for me is <3. Compared to her previous releases, this is a huge step forward. Autotune, you get used to it. It adds to the catchiness, which is a MUST for kpop.

I think SM just wants to reestablish her. It's more likely to do so when you release a song whose genre is currently in and very well-received by kpop, than doing something really new. She has been gone for 5 years. To me boa has already taken many risks. Being absent in korea for 5 years, producing her own album, US debut...all of which resulted in a declining fanbase :wub: So playing it safe might be the best way to go.

I'm praying BoA still continues to be active in Korea for a few years, and when she releases her 7th album, it will be something very new. :thumbsup:

BTW, intro + bridge + end of song is epic win <3

#108 Kentjr

Kentjr

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:30 AM

That's what I said, Lady Gaga copies Madonna and Grace Jones, I already stated that.

I was comparing Lady Gaga to K-pop.

While madonna and Grace jones did new stuff, nothing really is original anymore. So I can't say Gaga is a copy cat either, she's just bringing the stuff that inspired her BACK UP. BoA's done it. No one has said she's been copying michael jackson have they? It's only her (some crazy outrageous fans) that say Gaga is purely original. We all have to start somewhere :thumbsup:.

*Ontopic* GO BOAAAAA I freaking love OH OH OH OH HURRICANE VENUSSS!

Edited by Kentjr, 02 August 2010 - 09:35 AM.

#109 9th

9th

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:37 AM

I don't see the problem with the autotune, when it's overused and it spoils the singer's voice, it sucks, but here we can hear a lot of parts without it (seriously, the autotune must be 10 or 15%) and we can hear in her beautiful adlibs that she has effin' nice vocals. The autotune gives an edgy and fierce feeling and I like it, dk why so much people are whining about this ^^*

#110 Kentjr

Kentjr

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:54 AM

I don't see the problem with the autotune, when it's overused and it spoils the singer's voice, it sucks, but here we can hear a lot of parts without it (seriously, the autotune must be 10 or 15%) and we can hear in her beautiful adlibs that she has effin' nice vocals. The autotune gives an edgy and fierce feeling and I like it, dk why so much people are whining about this ^^*

Exactly, I think it sort of flares the song more. I honestly believe some ppl just jump on the bandwagon of hate :thumbsup:, however I do believe it annoys some people as well. I could care less I like it, as long as it doesn't destroy the singers vocals which in here it isn't.

#111 Yabisi

Yabisi

Robot BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

Usually it's not in albums. There are rare cases like Younha's albums or some Wonder Girls mini-albums, but usually albums don't come with instrumentals :x

Ye Only in singles...so those 3 songs that came out aren't singles? That's what I don't get lol. I'm just thinking it's different for comebacks, and they just don't want to share instrumentals with anyone.

BoA's 10th anniversary in Japan is next year? It'll probably be something big too...like not showing up cause she's in Korea.

#112 void03

void03

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:09 AM

Ye Only in singles...so those 3 songs that came out aren't singles? That's what I don't get lol. I'm just thinking it's different for comebacks, and they just don't want to share instrumentals with anyone.

BoA's 10th anniversary in Japan is next year? It'll probably be something big too...like not showing up cause she's in Korea.

Hurricane Venus is the single for this album, the other 2 (GAME and Stand By) were like teaser songs from the upcoming album. Giving people a preview of it.
So basically BoA will promote Hurricane Venus for a wee while, then probably SM may release a repackage and bring out a 2nd title song to promote the repackage album (ie. SNSD Oh album - promoted song Oh, then repackage album out a few months later with Run Devil Run song (repackage))

Korea does things differently. SM does not really do any instrumentals for any of their artists lately as far as i can remember.
Some singles do have instrumentals (ie. Son Dam Bi's queen, After Schools Bang, Narsha BRBB, etc)
But i think that's just the smaller companies aside from JYP maybe. Someting like that, but Korea doesn't do much instrumentals asides maybe from singles, thats it.

Edited by void03, 02 August 2010 - 10:21 AM.

#113 Ericia_90

Ericia_90

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:39 AM

Let's all hope for a good live with regular mics (I prefer hand-held mics over head mics) when she performs, she's not going to disappoint when it comes to a live. So excited for it, already hooked on the song.

Yeah. I hope that she use her personal mic which have her name on it in IDENTITY Live Tour. I don't want her to wear head mics. They don't really showcase their voice. I've watch SJ Bonamana too but the live doesn't seems to be live at all! :/

#114 korniceman3000

korniceman3000

Composer/Songwriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:06 PM

It's much better than her last 2 releases (Game and Stand By) but a bit tame IMO when compared to her past Kpop hits. It just doesn't have that tune that I can latch onto...

7/10 for me... For some reason, parts of the chorus remind me of Limp Bizkit's version of the Mission Impossible II theme song

#115 MistGuardianChrome

MistGuardianChrome

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• BoAjjang Subtitles
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:11 PM

I had a feeling that the song was going to be auto-tuned, but that's basically a trend of today's music in general. I didn't think Game was a bad song, it just wasn't to my taste. Hurricane Venus, even the auto-tune sounds really good. The auto-tune wasn't so bad that you could no longer hear her voice. You could still hear her powerful vocals in the song. (:

I can't wait to see BoA take the stage with an amazing live performance of Hurricane Venus.
:thumbsup:

#116 xtehdeb

xtehdeb

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:30 PM

i actually didn't think they would use autotune in this song
but i like hurricane venus. it's catchy and it's a dance track<3
it's no got or moto but i'm glad it's better than game lol
she's def going to rock her comeback perfs & i'm hoping for some powerful choreography!

#117 jajajalets♥BoA(:

jajajalets♥BoA(:

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:30 PM

I really love the song i love when she says hurricane venus i cant help but smile thinking of her perform it on stage! I can see it as my ringtone already LOL. Cant wait august 6th!! Go BoA fighting i will always love and support you!! ^^

#118 caro_s2

caro_s2

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:51 PM

I LOVE THE SONG!! And I like the autotune too, because it's not THE WHOLE SONG WITH AUTOTUNE!! ^^
can't wait to see the performance! I'm sure BoA will do GREAT

#119 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:04 PM

Yeah. I hope that she use her personal mic which have her name on it in IDENTITY Live Tour. I don't want her to wear head mics. They don't really showcase their voice. I've watch SJ Bonamana too but the live doesn't seems to be live at all! :/

Being it's Korean TV, we might be doing good to hear hear sing live, period. So much Korean TV is lipsynced, it drives me crazy! :thumbsup:

#120 kireisnowtenshi

kireisnowtenshi

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:05 PM

Im a bit conflicted about the comeback as a whole.

'HV'- I feel like...they could have recorded this during 'GOT' days. Its not exactly horrible...but its not exactly a great song either. Maybe I need a visual.

I really think SM is trying really hard to make this song successful and honestly as a fan I appreciate that. It really shows how much BoA is worth to them as an artist cause not everyone gets a chance to make songs just to release them before the finale. But maybe I have hoped a lil too high. She is really worth it though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users