Photo

DOES ANYONE Know wat Designer outfit in HV??

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Kentjr

Kentjr

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:44 PM

LOL Lady Gaga didn't introduce haute couture to mainstream.

Kylie Minogue and Madonna were already doing it years ago.

Haute couture doesn't have to crazy outrageous, like what Lady Gaga has made the public believe.

Haute couture can be beautiful and serene looking.

For example, Chanel has beautiful haute couture that actually are wearable for formal events. My favorite Chanel haute couture pieces were the ones for spring...I forgot what year but I remember vividly the runway was in Versailles Palace. Diamond/jewel encrusted dresses <3

If we go even further, I bet someone was already doing it in the music industry in the 1940's - the height of couture (there were thousands of couture buyers during the 1940's, now there is as little as 100).

Also "haute couture" only applies to custom made clothes by members of the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture.

Alexander McQueen and D&G are not considered haute couture.

Haute couture clothes are crazy expensive.

A pair of pants can cost USD$20,000, while a coat can go as much as USD$70,000.

I've only seen people call Gaga's clothes Avant Garde :lol: not "Haute couture".

#17 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:04 PM

I've only seen people call Gaga's clothes Avant Garde :lol: not "Haute couture".

Some people here are implying "haute couture" = "Lady Gaga."

Lady Gaga is not avant garde either.

I mean for crying out loud who the hell still wears Chopines from the Renaissance Era? Only Lady Gaga, she wore it at an airport and fell miserably.

Lady Gaga just wears outrageous clothing, and Drag Queens have been doing that for ages.

#18 Kentjr

Kentjr

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:20 AM

Some people here are implying "haute couture" = "Lady Gaga."

Lady Gaga is not avant garde either.

I mean for crying out loud who the hell still wears Chopines from the Renaissance Era? Only Lady Gaga, she wore it at an airport and fell miserably.

Lady Gaga just wears outrageous clothing, and Drag Queens have been doing that for ages.

Well, she does what she does and she's succesful at it. Also the stuff by Alexaner McQueen IS Avant Garde not sure about a lot of the other stuff she wears, honestly I don't care I think some of it looks nice.

#19 stufi105

stufi105

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:33 AM

It looks like Alexander McQueen actually...

I think the same, it totally looks like Alexander McQueen

Edited by stufi105, 30 August 2010 - 07:33 AM.

#20 otsugua

otsugua

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:26 AM

Haute-Couture=hand sewn and custom-fitted fashion. Most of you are confusing it with Avant Garde. And Lady Gaga isn't so Avant Garde as much as she is very Postmodern. She hasn't really defined anything new that hasn't already been around much longer than she has. She's just made it more aware to the more mainstream world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users