8 replies to this topic

#1 tikaluph

tikaluph

ALL I WANT IS SOMETHING NEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:08 PM

Coming back to the Kpop scene after 5 years, singer BoA will not be appearing on variety shows.

BoA said in a recent interview, “There are no plans for appearance on variety shows. Fans do not want it too. The reason is because I don’t have the confidence to give laughter if I appear on variety shows.”

SBS Strong Heart PD also talked about this through Twitter, “I met her as a reporter. Honestly she has no plans to appear on variety show with the fear that she will not do well.”

BoA said, “The BoA that the masses want is not the BoA on variety shows but the BoA who presents a good performance. It is priority that I work on showing good performances.”

BoA ended with, “Instead of doing variety, I will work hard on Twitter. I will communicate with fans through Twitter.”

CR : K-BITES

for me, at least she could try once.. >,<

Edited by tikaluph, 09 August 2010 - 08:08 PM.

#2 tianyun07

tianyun07

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:12 PM

that good... being in variety show juz doesn't suit her..
she excel thru her real music perf... not depending on variety show to help promote her album
however.. she going to show up on talk show.. that more than enough for her fans i guess

#3 Uni

Uni

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru 's Enforcer >D

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:13 PM

http://forums.boajja...howtopic=124758

:3

#4 boalohanuiloa

boalohanuiloa

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:40 PM

that good... being in variety show juz doesn't suit her..
she excel thru her real music perf... not depending on variety show to help promote her album
however.. she going to show up on talk show.. that more than enough for her fans i guess

Agree. Not that I wouldn't watch it but in a way I think that would be a step back for her. Most of those shows are for upcoming artists where people/fans can get to know their personalities etc. Give a little push in their careers sort of speak. Talk shows, radio shows, and performances will be good enough for BoA. And yeah.. I'd rather see her perform than on some variety show. :thumbsup:

#5 vagabond666

vagabond666

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:41 AM

Agree. Not that I wouldn't watch it but in a way I think that would be a step back for her. Most of those shows are for upcoming artists where people/fans can get to know their personalities etc. Give a little push in their careers sort of speak. Talk shows, radio shows, and performances will be good enough for BoA. And yeah.. I'd rather see her perform than on some variety show. :thumbsup:

You're right. Not to mention Korean netizens are extremely harsh, and if she's happened to do something "improper" due to her lack of variety shows' experience, it would be a nightmare.

I'd prefer watching her on stage, or maybe a deep, sincere talk show rather than some trashy popular variety shows to give cheap laughters.

#6 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:48 AM

BoA did appear on variety show before and she did it well :thumbsup:. I enjoyed watching her :D
However, focusing on performing is not that also. BoA will do it well :D

#7 studmuffin

studmuffin

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:40 AM

I don't think the reason why BoA isn't going on variety shows is because she thinks she wont do well- it's all scripted anyway, as long as the show wants to promote the entertainer they'll write them out some good dialogue and storylines (case in point: Yoona's "love lines" with every sodding be-testicled person in the industry, the girl goes on ANY show and every male is supposed to want her. Come on, is that really possible? There are plenty of finer women who don't get half as much attention)

I think she just doesn't feel like doing those shows :D

#8 itsmemysara

itsmemysara

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:55 AM

i really want her join some variety shows~ ^_^
i even told her to join one in twitter. LOL *dont be mad of my stupid act* =.=

#9 Jennima

Jennima

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:16 PM

i really wished she did some variety shows, nothing like IY or anything but some talk show variety shows like Happy together or strong heart. cuz i mean some people tell meaningful stories. but i do love her perfs, and i dont want netizens to get on her case for not being a proper "idol" on variety shows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users