43 replies to this topic

#16 sky019

sky019

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

I must agree her english did improve, but for some reason i thought her voice was more high pitched than usual.. or is that just me?

i think cuz of the recordings, because when i heard it (live) it was a bit high pitched than i expected.

#17 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:14 PM

I must agree her english did improve, but for some reason i thought her voice was more high pitched than usual.. or is that just me?

I think it's just when she speaks English. I think her tone is different when she does...

#18 al21

al21

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:37 PM

Don't worry about her English or any other new language she's about to overcome. She's a real genius in that matter. I have seen only two this kind of persons in my life till now. :lol:

#19 Ericia_90

Ericia_90

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:05 PM

I can understand her english in here! Getting ready for the movie next year.. :lol: So cute that she joke with her fans and corrects her own english!

#20 Faternity_1105

Faternity_1105

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:25 PM

I can understand her english in here! Getting ready for the movie next year.. :lol: So cute that she joke with her fans and corrects her own english!

HAHA agree with u can't wait for her movie to come out next year ^^

#21 diamond_heart

diamond_heart

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:45 PM

lol oh i remeber the tech. problem wasn't tht where she said she couldnt hear her voice thro the ear monitor
i thought it was part of her performance and thought they mixed dangerous together with i did it for love and energetic
her english is very good now =)

Edited by diamond_heart, 06 September 2010 - 12:10 AM.

#22 Kitsune

Kitsune

da quacky quackquack quack-master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:56 PM

Most of the artist spoke a decent English to me, I can understand what they were saying, but their speaking was real short, not like BoA's! Her speech was the longest one among other SM artist because she was the only one got that stupid technical [the music was supposed for 'Dangerous' but they played IDIFL >"<], and she spoke and explained it very fluently!!

I have no doubt that she'll make it in the movie !

Actually what happened was that they starting playing Dangerous and then a few seconds later Energetic came on at the same time. Then whoever was working audio, turned off Dangerous which she was supposed to be performing and she pretty much told them to stop haha. It was actually really cute how she handled the situation! Haha :lol: Poor girl couldn't hear thru her ear piece! her english did improve quite a bit, but of course she still has a ways to go. I doubt it'll be possible to completely get rid of her accent though. it's very thick but im SO glad it's so much easier to understand her. You can clearly tell she's been practicing :wub:

#23 pocketboi

pocketboi

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:20 AM

Her accent is kinda unique to me though. It's not a stereotypical Asian engrish accent that are put in comedy routines. She could work on speaking more smoothly and less stuttering but I can't say she hasn't improved since 09. At this rate, I think she'll be more than ready for the movie.

Btw... That's an epic fail how they played the wrong background music. This was worse than the Possibility performance where they also had to restart due to some other tech issue. Why is it that I only see it happen to BoA?

#24 BoAnJae

BoAnJae

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:03 AM

She did improve, it's actually understandable and her pronunciation is much better. I think she'll have decent English in the movie, but I'm pretty much going to watch for her epic dancing and her beautiful face on the big screen lol. I know her English will never be perfect but it's good to see her improving. And plus, learning another language is difficult and I can't blame her, my foreign friend from china has been here for two years, her English is still flawed, her accent is still very heavy, but she's improving. Despite her English, math is so freaking easy for her, I took calculus with her when we were in highschool, she passed that class with flying colors, as for me, let's just say I wasn't very good at it haha, went a bit off topic lol. Anyways, as long as BoA's improving her English, I'll be happy and satisfied. Btw, she was absolutely adorable when complaining of her ear piece, I adore her.

Edited by BoAnJae, 06 September 2010 - 04:19 AM.

#25 foreverfriends

foreverfriends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:49 AM

She is still a bit nervous when talking in English.^^

#26 geniebkiseki

geniebkiseki

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:00 AM

here's the video if anyone wants to see :lol: She's so cute~ XD

"I can't hear through the ear monitor~~~" LOL! She handled that well :wub:

#27 xxiicorina

xxiicorina

Let's Jump High Together ٩(≧◡≦)�

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:24 AM

I saw many fancams of her talking to the audiences, her voice was really cute. she kept smiling, plus- i heard a lot of screaming too ^ ^
I think her english is improving everyday, ARG, my computer froze and i had to restart it, so i forgot what i was going to say @[email protected] BOA FIGHTNIG :lol: I'm so proud of her~

#28 Lily

Lily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:24 PM

her english was absolutely amazing! i'm so proud of her grammar :] i'm iffed that they messed up her song though :lol:

#29 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:41 PM

BoA must have been practicing her English so that she can be able to conquer the rest of the world in her next 10 years :lol:

That is the first fancam that I am able to see the whole stadium. Thank you for sharing

#30 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:16 PM

Nope. her Engrish is still flawed and probably always will be. That said, she was adorable at the show and its nice that she was one of the artists who could actually communicate with the audience......clearly. :lol:

Without speech therapy, she'll never get rid of her accent. HOWEVER, if she keeps practicing, she should at least get fluent enough so that her accent will be considered charming, rather than unintelligible to others. :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users