xiao_yun87

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:53 PM

Kwon Soon Hwon’s Interview

“Younger Sister BoA is a very special singer since young”

He has a brother and a younger sister. Music Video Director Kwon Soon Wook and BoA. Music is their life. Especially BoA, who has surpassed Asia and is shown interest by the World. The older brother said, having a sister like her makes him very proud.
“When we were younger, there isn’t much to play with, and we weren’t really interested in entertainment, and there are not much computer games. Hence to me, my brother and BoA, watching the TV and listening to music is everything. All of us particularly like singing and dancing. If So Bang Cha’s music starts there will be a big commotion. We did such things (laughs).

When he was still in elementary he specializes in the classical piano, BoA and her 2 oppas love music and dance. The reason BoA became a singer started because the 3 of them went for an audition together.

“Actually, my brother was the one who wanted to go for the audition, and he danced really seriously. And he got the number 1 spot in the dance category. When he went for the audition, BoA also went up and danced well. And it was then that SM Entertainment spot her.”
From then on, BoA started training in grade 5, and worked her best and made through the trainee period, becoming a singer at the tender age of 14. Apparently, he feels that sometimes, BoA feels like a noona. “Because she left us at a really young age, so she’s always appeared very strong in front of oppas.”

“My sister worked and studied really hard even when she became a singer. She fufils everything even if in time constrains, she makes sure she does it, and started a life that doesn’t seem fit for a 10 plus kid. She doesn’t allow herself to have flaws. Things that she planned for herself, even if there are a lot of obstacles, she will do it. She ‘s living a life that is very different from all the people of the same age.”

“Sometimes, my heart aches. Travelling to and fro from Japan and America, never enjoying the love we have for her as a magnae like every other same age person, having to endure everything on her own, my sister is very pitiful, there’s a lot of situations like this. Her debut in Korea was not very successful, and when she had to go to Japan all alone, all 3 of us cried our hearts out at the airport.
“In 2008, when BoA is to debut in America she injured herself. During the operation, she never even made a noise or cried. But when she heard that her press conference might be cancelled, and that she cannot even go for it, she felt very pained unknowingly… Even though it was to the extent that she has a fracture, she just went to the press conference in a bandage. I know how much pain she was in the day before the press conference, and when I saw that netizens/antis left bad coments about her, I felt that they were very fickle and hateful!”

Successful BoA who is constantly receiving the encouragement and support of her oppas. Therefore, after 5 years of absence and to celebrate her 10th anniversary, BoA asked her oppas to participate in her 6th album “Hurricane Venus”. Her elder brother played an amazing piano piece for “Don’t know what to say”, and her 2nd brother director her first mv of the album “Game”.

“BoA was the one who suggested it, say what if we participated in her album together. I told her my sister is a big star, there’s no need for my participation. Im very thankful that I can work with my brother and sister on such a memorable activity. Because it’s my sister’s album, so I really wanted to do it better so it was really hard and I spent a lot of thought on it.”

After Kwon Soon Hwon’s interview, he had a blissful smile on his face. I can feel the happiness from the siblings, protecting each other, the kind of warm family love. Even though it was a summer day full of rain, but it showered by warmth.

Translated by : [email protected] / @boajjang

Please credit if taking out. Thank you =)

i can feel the love her brothers have for her. =)
really sweet =)

Edited by xiao_yun87, 08 September 2010 - 11:57 PM.

#2 Ericia_90

Ericia_90

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:18 AM

Aww~ I have tears in my eyes while reading.. Nothing beats family love.. Screw those antis! I'm really happy that BoA have achieved many things and obstacles and come this far.. She always showed us her strong side and endure everything by herself. I'll forever be a Jumping BoA! BoA and brothers Fighting!

Edited by Ericia_90, 09 September 2010 - 12:20 AM.

#3 sky019

sky019

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:28 AM

Damn...I am tearing as I type this right now. I am just so glad that the 3 siblings were able to work together in HV. This album really means a lot, especially to them. I do not get why there are stupid antis...even when an artist is injured...they just have to make stupid comments. Erica you are right, Screw those stupid antis!!!!

JUMPING BoA FOREVER!!!!

#4 Princess BoA

Princess BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:36 AM

all we need to know is how much BoA means to us and how important BoA is to us... i forget about what other peoples say about BoA - their criticisms and bad things... because nothing will change BoA in my mind and heart...! "BoA vol 6 "HURRICANE VENUS" is especially emotional... feelings of relieve and tears and proud...! "Don't Know What To Say" ...

BoA is the Best...! :) :lol: :ph34r:

#5 26younah05

26younah05

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:16 AM

whoa~ thank you so so much for the tranz :lol: BoA's brothers are all cute and really care for their sister :ph34r:

#6 Keyotheseasons

Keyotheseasons

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:44 AM

Glad I'm not the only one tearing up while reading and typing this.
I'm glad that even though she spends so much time away from home that she has this much of a relationship and connection to her family! From every BoA fan I can say from the bottom of my heart, "We love you Kwon Family". :ph34r:

#7 carollee206

carollee206

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:20 AM

Aww That's really sweet, all of them working on her comeback album was a good choice :ph34r:

BOAAAAAAAAA~~~

#8 Kiiroi

Kiiroi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:33 AM

Thanks for sharing. The interview is so beautiful.. =')

#9 foreverfriends

foreverfriends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:15 AM

“In 2008, when BoA is to debut in America she injured herself. During the operation, she never even made a noise or cried. But when she heard that her press conference might be cancelled, and that she cannot even go for it, she felt very pained unknowingly… Even though it was to the extent that she has a fracture, she just went to the press conference in a bandage. I know how much pain she was in the day before the press conference, and when I saw that netizens/antis left bad coments about her, I felt that they were very fickle and hateful!”

I haven't known it was that hard.She smiled so much in that press conference.I really admire BoA,there're some artist cry because they have to work when they have bad cold or injuries but BoA cries because she can't work even in such pain.TT^TT.She worths everything she has.<3 <3 <3

#10 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:22 AM

That is so touching.... I love BoA, and I love Kwon's family....
BoA definitely deserves the fame and respect....

#11 Bum

Bum

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:06 AM

thank you so much for the translation xiao_yun...
hai.. BoA is such a strong gal... i'm glad her family is alwiz there for her especially when antis always seems to attack her with hateful words

#12 freewaybj

freewaybj

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:00 AM

thanks so much 4 the translation!!!!
I love BoA more after reading this interview

#13 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:00 AM

Aw that's so sweet! They're all so lucky to have each other, and we're lucky to have BoA :]

#14 whatta-chan

whatta-chan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:11 AM

i totally teared up a bit >.<

such a sweet interview. i'm so happy that her brothers love her that much and support her and everything. BoA had to sacrifice so much for what she does now. i really wish newer kpop fans and antis could understand this about her and why she deserves the recognition for her hard work.

#15 kwonsora

kwonsora

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:03 AM

Thank Xiao unnie for the sweet translation. i was crying a bit while i was reading it. i remember the time when BoA debuted, so many anti-fans commented harshly because of her look, a 14 year-old gal sings love song without knowing, experiencing what is love. And the time she debuted in US, she mentioned a lot about her loneliness and her current feeling about her career and position. they are the most touching time of BoA's life to me so far.

Her brother understands her so well. She is a strong one outside but inside maybe not, i doubt it.

And again thank you so much. It really made my day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users