15 replies to this topic

#1 takato-nohara

takato-nohara

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:06 PM

Hey, I know there have been a lot of posts about BoA's career in Japan and those things... but I was wondering if anybody knew why hadn't she done any more Anime songs in the past few years... because I've seen a lot of artists gettin in the top of the charts with anime songs...
I know BoA has her popularity and she doesn't really need something comercial, but I think it wouldn't change her image (or at least not necessarily)... I don't know, I was thinking this today while I drove back home from work and I wanted to hear some opinions about it...
So tell me, why do you think BoA hasn't done any anime songs?
I think it would be nice if she did some song for a Mainstream anime series (not as Monkey typhoon but as InuYasha) XD

#2 JustinPerky

JustinPerky

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:37 PM

She has done the ending theme song for Inuyasha....Every Heart
And I think lots of people knew BoA throughout that anime because I know I did ;)

#3 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:04 PM

BoA has done theme songs for Game and Anime like Your Color for some Xbox game and Every Heart for InuYasha

#4 tyh

tyh

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:01 PM

And of course there's one of my favourite ballad - Mamoritai~White Wishes~ which is for Tales of Graces ;)

It would be good if BoA's songs are related to Anime , but with that little resources Avex is giving to BoA....I don't know.

#5 Kenzaki

Kenzaki

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:55 PM

I heard that the anime writer would be the one who chose the song or at lease the artist to sing the theme song

#6 fararibmw

fararibmw

My BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:28 PM

It is really good for BoA is she sings for major anime like naruto,one piece and bleach. Since many many people watches it and also when its a anime opening. People will listen to it everytime they watch the anime and will like the song eventually.

#7 schoolandme

schoolandme

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:46 AM

white whises is the game,"tales of grace"opening song ;)

#8 Jef

Jef

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:09 AM

BoA has done theme songs for Game and Anime like Your Color for some Xbox game and Every Heart for InuYasha

Her every heart was in her debut year, that is way to long ago. And do you know how the Xbox is doing in Japan ? That thing isn't populair neither their game's. So that is not really helping with promoting ;)

#9 kyo_jieming2000

kyo_jieming2000

BoA's Healer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:31 AM

I think BoA would be more than happy to participate in an anime project..because she has done so in the past..

The reason behind not having any tie-up with major anime might be that Avex is not giving her the chance /recommendation or that she is not having enough exposure for her talent to be recognized by the amine music production team, given she's not as popular in Japan as before..

#10 kuity

kuity

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:40 AM

^
Nope definitely not. Many anime use songs recorded by not-very-established artistes. That is because they just need the song itself anyone can record a hundred times and send the best recording it doesn't have to be a good or established singer.

I'm thinking probably the reason is that she doesn't have a proper opportunity.

a) Those production studios which doesn't have a high budget probably will not ask her to record the opening or ending as they probably have to pay Avex a certain sum to be able to use the song in the anime.
;) Those which do invite her to record may get turned down because Avex does not see potential in the anime itself.
c) Those which do have the budget and the potential already have someone else in mind to record. The reason they did not ask BoA may be due to the style of her songs. Mostly they will ask either rock bands or maybe singers like Yui to do their opening songs.

It's nothing to do with popularity. E.g. Do you see Ayumi Hamasaki doing anime theme songs?

#11 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:15 AM

^actually...yes.
Ayumi sang a number of Anime songs, Inuyasha being one of them. She actually sang two songs for Inuyasha.
Then there is Rozen Maiden.

Also, xbox is VERY popular. My brother and a number of his friends own a xbox. Inuyasha brought a number of fans here, like me. I got into BoA from Inuyasha. So it was great promotion. I actually believe it is STILL great promotion. There are more and more people watching anime and getting into other performers.
Japanese games are also very much like anime. A number of Japanese games are being brought over to America and Europe, its exposing those people to another culture they might not have known about.

#12 Uni

Uni

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru 's Enforcer >D

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:11 PM

Also, xbox is VERY popular. My brother and a number of his friends own a xbox.

XBOX is popular in the U.S., but it isn't in Japan. So for her to sing a song for an XBOX game based in Japan is sorta...well, it doesn't do much, if you're going for making her popular in Japan through that.

#13 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:32 AM

BoA's career in Japan is dead/dying. Needs some revival, like a hit single or whathaveyou.

It will be nice to see some anime songs though :3.

#14 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:56 AM

I think she's not doing tie-ins like this anymore because she's not as popular as she used to be. I hope that, when her Avex contract expires, a new label will help promote her to greatness again. :thumbsup:

#15 sickx

sickx

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:32 PM

current anime isn't that good to be talk about in the first place.anime production isn't as big as hollywood's studios.budget is the first thing that need to consider.that's why they only look for young and new artist to be featured on their animes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users