#2 boalohanuiloa

boalohanuiloa

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:45 AM

she hasn't came out with a new single over here :(

Hmm.. No.. I don't think she's done with the US by a long shot. :huh: After Japan she'll be in Hollywood to film her dance movie. I'm pretty sure she'll have a movie soundtrack to go along with it. If not the whole album then for sure a few songs. I consider the first US debut a tease. She could have made a bigger impact if she'd stayed longer. :(

#3 WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Hiatus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:51 AM

I don't think she's done with it yet :huh: Just as the person stated before, me, it was just a teaser when she released her English Album. She's just been really busy lately, and I'm sure her companies wanna ensure she maintains her other markets as well.

Can't wait for the movie though xD I believe they said they wanted to get a good footing in the US industry first, so they are using her upcoming film as that oppurtunity. So once she's recognized more, then I believe they will resume her music business in the US

#4 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:21 AM

I believe she will come back to US soon, but it should be next year

#5 xxiicorina

xxiicorina

Let's Jump High Together ٩(≧◡≦)�

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:48 AM

No worries~ BoA will come back to the U.S, since she's going over there to shoot a Hollywood movie, maybe she's going to release a new song along with it. ^^

I believe shes coming back~ Bring On America!

#6 Faternity_1105

Faternity_1105

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:24 AM

Hmm.. No.. I don't think she's done with the US by a long shot. :huh: After Japan she'll be in Hollywood to film her dance movie. I'm pretty sure she'll have a movie soundtrack to go along with it. If not the whole album then for sure a few songs. I consider the first US debut a tease. She could have made a bigger impact if she'd stayed longer. :(

totally agree with u

#7 SilentScreamerS

SilentScreamerS

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:46 AM

She's probably waiting for her contract for avex to end in 2012 so that she can focus more on her American stuff. Her contract with avex is always pulling her back to Japan, which is a pain in the ass.

#8 Kenzaki

Kenzaki

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:50 AM

Have you not heard about her debut movie?
The one who is done with the US is se7en
he even said there's no need for Korean artist to debut in America

also it's her 10th anniversary in Japan next year so she should be staying in Japan for some time next year

#9 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:02 AM

^ Totally agree! The ones who gave up are Se7en and... Rain :huh:
They debuted way before BoA but since then they haven't had any forward step, except for Rain with the movie Ninja Assassin (good movie, btw :()

BoA Has just started, and she has a lots on her plate right now. I feel like she's running her **s off all over the world. So give her some time. She's just a human being, she can't duplicate herself to be everywhere at the same time.
She hasn't really taken any time off for herself past ten years, yet now she is working harder than ever.

Not being mean & harsh but sometimes I think we ask too much from her... We love her music and we want to have new stuff everyday, yes. But we can't be selfish, do we want to see her end up in hospital for being exhausted or under depression?

#10 korniceman3000

korniceman3000

Composer/Songwriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:10 PM

I guess it all depends on how well the movie turns out to be... If it attracts a following similar to Step Up,it would definitely help... However, if the film does poorly, her chances in the US will be even more slim... As long as the movie isn't as bad as Ninja Assassin.... Hopefully The Warrior's Way will see a better script with a story that actually makes sense (judging from the ads, this looks like the film has WAY too many CGI sequences during fight scenes)...

Edited by korniceman3000, 26 November 2010 - 02:15 PM.

#11 boalohanuiloa

boalohanuiloa

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:02 PM

I guess it all depends on how well the movie turns out to be... If it attracts a following similar to Step Up,it would definitely help... However, if the film does poorly, her chances in the US will be even more slim... As long as the movie isn't as bad as Ninja Assassin.... Hopefully The Warrior's Way will see a better script with a story that actually makes sense (judging from the ads, this looks like the film has WAY too many CGI sequences during fight scenes)...

I agree with you there :(
I know everyone is excited bout the movie but for me I'm nervous :huh: I have complete confidence in BoA's talent and ability but if the movie is poorly scripted it could make or break her chances in the US. Movie critics just wait for chances like this to bash a movie. :( On the positive this movie is more in BoA's element. ie. Dance & music. As for Rain in Ninja Assassin was an action movie :( I really wish her the best.

#12 myBoAdaebak

myBoAdaebak

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:29 AM

No i think she's still not done with US. I am sure after the movie next year, she would comeback with a new album. I have faith in her, she's going to make it. The first english album she had was good btw, and i want her to come out with more eng songs. As for now, i guess she should be busy with her japan activities, but well, i am definitely looking forward to her jap songs, i am sure all jap fans too. :huh:

#13 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:35 PM

No i think she's still not done with US. I am sure after the movie next year, she would comeback with a new album. I have faith in her, she's going to make it. The first english album she had was good btw, and i want her to come out with more eng songs. As for now, i guess she should be busy with her japan activities, but well, i am definitely looking forward to her jap songs, i am sure all jap fans too. :rolleyes:

With the disaster Promo stuff for the first English Album its obvious she can't be in Asia then America, she needs to be free from all other activities to focus on America. Enough said.

#14 Guest_soratothamax_*

Guest_soratothamax_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:53 PM

With the disaster Promo stuff for the first English Album its obvious she can't be in Asia then America, she needs to be free from all other activities to focus on America. Enough said.

I agree. It would take awhile for her to break in the US, so she would have to give 100 percent to the US in order to get off the ground. With Korea and Japan, she was new to both at the same time, and had time to grow in both countries. But in America, it takes longer than a year to get famous especially with all the other potential artists. Though I've never seen many quite as talented as BoA.

#15 korniceman3000

korniceman3000

Composer/Songwriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:15 PM

Given the large influx of Korean artists forging their way into the Japanese market recently, I highly doubt SM and BoA will re-enter the US music scene any time soon (unless related with the theme song/OST for the movie) After their massive investment with little to no gain, we will most likely see BoA's re-emergence in Japan due to her well established fan base as well as to help SNSD, f(x), and Shinee with their future Avex promotions. If SM ever decides to foray into the American market with BoA, it will most likely be toward the acting side since much less investment is required and she will be hired and paid for contributions in her roles and production costs will be absorbed by the film production companies, investors, and their distributors (unless SM decides to help finance the project)...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users