27 replies to this topic

#16 budonkadonk

budonkadonk

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:52 AM

8,000 yen each show. equal to bout 80 USD.

I wish it was equal to 80 USD... 8000円 is more like $100 US now.

I only went to the second night, but seems like everything went off without a hitch. BoA wasn't too keen on the first day, so it's good that this night is the one that makes it to video.

Most of what was said on the video is the same stuff that was scrolling along the bottom at the beginning...

She talked about how quickly the year flew by; she started out by releasing a new Japanese album, and then she celebrated her 10th anniversary in Korea by releasing her first album there in 5 years. After that, she said that next year will be her 10th anniversary in Japan... she started when she was 14 and she just turned 24 last month. She also said that she's going to work with her staff to plan on spending a lot of time with her fans in Japan to celebrate her 10th anniversary, so be looking out for it.

Throughout the night, she mostly talked about the songs she was performing, how she chanced the flow of things from a 2-act show (like the past Xmas lives) to a fun gathering of friends and loved-ones which she did this year. Her dancers put on quite a few skits throughout the night... some of which were pretty endearing.

#17 fararibmw

fararibmw

My BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:00 AM

^

thanks for the information :(

#18 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:36 AM

Great one! I did not know that the setlist is from fans' suggestion. BoA is cool :D

Thanks for the vids too :(

#19 Ericia_90

Ericia_90

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:27 AM

I know that BoA asked her fans on twitter what she should sing for her xmas live and I didn't know that all the songs are chosen by her fans. I thought that she will have added some of her own songs into the setlist. XD

Anyway, I'm glad that she's singing other different xmas song. It's better to have some changes though I would want her to sing "Love & Honesty"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe next year, during her 10th anniversary. (:

Oh yeah~ Thanks BoAnJae for posting the video! I was waiting for the news!!!

Edited by Ericia_90, 22 December 2010 - 09:29 AM.

#20 BoAnJae

BoAnJae

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:23 AM

^ No problem, I just provided the links. I was pretty excited myself when watching the clips haha. Thank god for YouTube...And the Today and upload options lol. I wouldn't be able to find anything new on BoA without those options. And thanks to those who provided info and fan-accounts. Appreciate it very much! Can't wait to buy the DVD.

#21 moonrabbit

moonrabbit

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:29 AM

Wow I'm so jealous. I've always wanted to go to her X-mas Lives. You're so lucky!

#22 alsrudtj124

alsrudtj124

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• BoAjjang Translator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:50 PM

Woohoo...Found 2 clips. I know one user who was curious of BoA's current english skills, well, it's only a glimpse but it's something. It looks fun, can't wait to buy the DVD.

CR: JIJIPRESS

Runthrough81

GASP! Is that her hand on her stomach I see when she's singing Meri Kuri?

#23 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:01 PM

She looks gorgeous with darker + longer hair!

Unrelated: Mamoritai hit 2m views! :)

^Yes.. that is her hand on her stomach o_o What of it?
Ohh hahaha, yay for chest voice! She's been improving her singing style since last year I think (:

Edited by Kwcty6888, 29 December 2010 - 07:44 PM.

#24 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:34 PM

Means BoA is singing with her chest voice?

Meri Kuri BoA sings with a head/nasal/throat but ever since 2009 BoA has been singing with her chest voice a lot more often.

The USA debut might have done this, and that's a good thing, since it helps keep the voice good, as nasal/head voice have been known to damage the voice.

#25 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:35 PM

Meri Kuri BoA sings with a head/nasal/throat but ever since 2009 BoA has been singing with her chest voice a lot more often.

The USA debut might have done this, and that's a good thing, since it helps keep the voice good, as nasal/head voice have been known to damage the voice. Perfect example is Ayumi Hamasaki, her singing nasal style for a decade has damaged it and she can't hit certain notes that good anymore.;

#26 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:57 PM

Definitely! She sounds so much better for this Meri Kuri Live perf :)

#27 alsrudtj124

alsrudtj124

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• BoAjjang Translator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:20 PM

The USA debut might have done this, and that's a good thing, since it helps keep the voice good, as nasal/head voice have been known to damage the voice. Perfect example is Ayumi Hamasaki, her singing nasal style for a decade has damaged it and she can't hit certain notes that good anymore.;

No hand on her stomach means she's trying to sing with her diaphragm but it's not working. That's why most amateur singers do this. A singer who's trained properly using their diaphragm won't put their hand on their stomach. It's a reassurance and lack of thing.

I hope the USA debut didn't do this. Although it's better than the nasal voice, this could still hurt her vocal cords.

#28 NikuZ

NikuZ

Forever Jumping in the Stars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:12 PM

Thankz a lot for the Info :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users