I Prefer Both BoA :P After and Before ♥

#17 MadeInTwenty

MadeInTwenty

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:41 PM

My preferences are more specific; when it comes to music I prefer 2003-2008, so pre-2008 I guess.

Also for me personally, "Old BoA" is more 2000-2004, when her music and image were more young. From then on, even though she has had various styles they all fall under a more mature BoA, my "New BoA", which I prefer.

#18 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:29 AM

Wow i guess im the only 1 in the pre 2008"boat"
when it comes to her japanese works only with the exception of Possibility ,永遠 and まもりたい~White Wishes~ the rest of her new works are lifeless.Plain and simple.
As for Korea I say pre 2005 since she had no releases from then till now :lol: I'd rather have the fierce GOT boa over the HV/C&P boa.

No you're not alone on that boat, I'm with you ;)

It's not really specific if just split the timeline in general pre & post 2008 , because I agree with Moon&sunrise, she hasn't had any releases in Korea from 2005-2010

So, for her image - I like post-2008, actually I should say post-2004 - the point where she got sexier than ever ( even I miss my chubby cutie pie too :lol:)
For music:
- Japan: pre-2008. again I'm with Moon&Sunrise, Possibility, Eien & White wishes are the only remarkable works of hers to me, plus IDENTITY album. Other singles... not my taste ^_^. Also for her live tours, I prefer pre-2008, from [The Face] back then.
- Korea: HV/C&P is really good & trendy, but I still like the fierce, sexy BoA back to the time of GOT/MOTO or even My Name.

#19 famitsudc

famitsudc

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:17 PM

I like the new BoA because she's more daring and fierce! Haha.

#20 hiten

hiten

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:45 AM

My preferences are more specific; when it comes to music I prefer 2003-2008, so pre-2008 I guess.

Also for me personally, "Old BoA" is more 2000-2004, when her music and image were more young. From then on, even though she has had various styles they all fall under a more mature BoA, my "New BoA", which I prefer.

Your right. I should have said :2000-2004; 2004-2008; 2008-2010
Next time.
For now, you like both, but a little more than post-2008

#21 Guest_soratothamax_*

Guest_soratothamax_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:12 PM

I fell in love with BoA in 2003 when she featured with the Bratz, and since I'm also a Bratz fan, I got a hold of her music and it stuck. The first song I heard from her was Double. At first, I thought she was another pop girl, another Britney Spears follower, but I thought her songs were pretty catchy and researched more about her. And when I heard all of Valenti, I realized that I loved every song on the album!

The two albums that I can honestly say I loved back then was The Face, Love and Honesty and Valenti.

However, when Identity came out, there was something about it that spoke to me. To me, BoA was always just another pop star with a good collaboration of songs on every album. But Identity had something that was missing in the other music...it just wasn't heavily pop-ish or electronically produced. It just wasn't an IMITATION. It had some songs in there that were more mainstream, but more like two. The other songs on the album were so ORIGINAL! She seemed to have her own style that other artists couldn't imitate. And when you get like that, you have created a work of art. It's the only album I translated the lyrics. And aside from me feeling what she had to say, the lyrics seemed to be straight from her.

My favorite style was her US style. :thumbsup:

So overall, the new girl speaks to me as the REAL BoA, and not the BOA designed to be a pop princess.

Edited by soratothamax, 14 January 2011 - 06:12 PM.

#22 sickx

sickx

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:57 AM

for me,it's BoA in 2008.that's her best year in both album and tour.and she looks great being a girl entering into adulthood

#23 Chungsanity

Chungsanity

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:39 PM

old/younger boa from 2000-2004 is far better. her new stuff sounds no different from other current pop artists

#24 EunHyuk<3

EunHyuk<3

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

Honestly, I love both! I love her cutesy material, fierce material, etc. I'm pretty much a fan of all her styles! For example, I absolutely loved her Identity album, which was post 2008, but I also loved her Made In Twenty album, which was before 2008.

#25 fcukbi

fcukbi

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:13 AM

before 2008 .. the time of "EVERY HEART " maybe the best

#26 InuBoA_Kwon

InuBoA_Kwon

BoA's First Snow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:44 AM

before 2008 .. the time of "EVERY HEART " maybe the best

I :wub: both of them...
And if it's before comedy...
Ooopss,, before 2008,, I'll say メリクリ、、 君 の 隣 で、、1st snow,, Everlasting and Winter Love。。。
They're the best...
Even my tears always fall... :blush:

#27 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:53 PM

2008 really isn't a good cutoff point; it would be more appropriate for the categories to be teen BoA and adult BoA.

I like both, though there was that unfortunate period when BoA kept wearing those dreadful dresses that looked as if they'd been attacked by piranha fish. :lol:

#28 BoA.No.1

BoA.No.1

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:57 AM

before. I loved her!!!!!!!!! But idk, now its kinda .. just plain and simple. and electronic. XD

#29 InuBoA_Kwon

InuBoA_Kwon

BoA's First Snow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:25 AM

Well,, it's OK...
We've different appetite... :lol:
But whatever it's,, we're still SJB's.... :D

#30 BoAFriend

BoAFriend

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:21 PM

After it passed, I realized I really liked her around her "BEST & USA" and "BoA" album release (so after 2008). I think it was because two great things were happening at once (her US debut and her 2nd Japanese best album), not to mention I loved her look/image at the time. Also, "Eien" was a huge hit, not to mention perhaps the last Japanese hit she'd had in a while (the choreography and vocals were amazing as well). No doubt that period was one of the hardest times for her, jumping on plane after plane, flying back and forth between Los Angeles and Tokyo.

But to be honest, I find myself obsessing on a ton of her performances from the past. I'm just really stuck on the energetic choreography of old songs such as "Atlantis Princess", "Miracle", and "VALENTI". And I really miss her trademark long hair, split down the middle. I keep feeling like I'll never be able to see BoA go back to that again (hairstyle is of course possible, but I mean just that old energy from her older choreography). I feel now whenever I see the BoA from before 2008, that I'm seeing a completely different girl (and this is in no way a bad thing). Her image and aura is completely different now. I kinda wish I could just see the current BoA perform an older hit (no "NO.1" or "VALENTI", but I guess "Atlantis Princess" or "Miracle") in FULL ON choreography (with a headset mic), none of the toned down moves when she sings live.

I guess I prefer both - before AND after 2008. Either way, I'm happy that she's come so far and has been so successful.

And just to echo on what some other members have said, I also was never a big fan of the cutsey stuff ("Shine We Are!" is the only exception). More current material such as "I SEE ME" and "WOO WEEKEND!" never appealed to me. I loved the powerful, fierce stuff of hers. So..that's another plus to the post-2008 BoA - her material is a lot more mature (although I feel choreography isn't like her old stuff)

Edited by BoAFriend, 26 January 2011 - 11:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users