Photo

U-KISS begins preparations for U.S. debut (o.0)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 korniceman3000

korniceman3000

Composer/Songwriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:39 PM

http://www.allkpop.c...s-for-u-s-debut

U-KISS begins preparations for U.S. debut
by VITALSIGN on January 11, 2011 at 3:37 am

Posted Image

Boy group U-KISS is planning on entering the U.S. music market, and have already kicked off preparations for their debut.

According to information revealed by their agency, NH Media, on January 11th, the agency will be utilizing the members’ different cultural backgrounds and language skills as the base for their debut in the States.

Representatives revealed, “We’ve already listened to about 100 new songs for their new album. The songs chosen will be group ballads, a genre which hasn’t been featured in U-KISS’s albums. Our production team in the States, “I PED,” has already prepared choreography videos.”

They continued, “We’re currently discussing how we’ll be bringing the boys over, since they have various schedules to still complete in Korea. We’ll be balancing it with the group’s Korean comeback.”

Their album will be completed by February.

Source + Photos: Star News via Daum, Newsen

#2 Yabisi

Yabisi

Robot BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

Are Kpop artists not happy singing in Korea or something 0_o I don't even want to imagine the problems that this group is going to go through, but I can think of a few from the top of my head already.

#3 rukiasflower

rukiasflower

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:53 PM

Ahh~~~*screams* Are you SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG :lol: I totally can't wait!!!!!! Even as a total Kiss Me, "Oh ye of little faith!" Even if other K-pop stars attempted and failed (Not saying tht BoA failed or anything--she just needed more promotion), U-KISS might actually succeed. I have faith in U-Kiss. When Soohyun said that they were preparing for their new album, I thought they meant Korean or possibly Japanese! This is so~ awesome. Maybe thts why they released a best album in Japan with a concert. It all makes sense now~ OMG I'm totally hyped up now. 2011 fo show will be the best year ever!!!!!!!! CSJH, DBSK (2/5), Big Bang, Co-ed, U-KISS, MBLAQ, Hyolee etc. comebacks, BoA US promotions <_< and U-Kiss in the US and KR comeback! Amazing.. TY for sharing! I'm sure they'll do fine!

Edited by rukiasflower, 11 January 2011 - 03:07 PM.

#4 void03

void03

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:47 AM

Shame they're gona flop.
It's just how it is. BoA didn't make it far, Wonder Girls had some little success, etc.

Plus the way some of them talk in english, people may be stereotypical about it.
Not bashing them or whatnot, just giving out the view of someone who may not know them and sees them for the first time i guess?

But yeh, they really should try and stabalise their fanbase in Korea first.
wish them good luck though.

#5 chocolate-kid

chocolate-kid

lazy internet sloth.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,241 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:09 AM

For real? Well, UKISS does have a lot of fans everywhere 'cept Korea.
I love them but, really? 0.o Well, best of luck to them!

#6 LuV2U

LuV2U

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:10 AM

not having that much confident about this^^; but seeing how vast their fanbase out of korea actually maybe they'll have a shot .... maybe?? and if i'm not understand this wrongly, their going for a ballad concept right ? whats wrong with their up beat song concepts ?? well anyways good luck for them ...

#7 JustinPerky

JustinPerky

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:43 AM

They should really build their fan base in Korea first
Why are they making a hurry to debut in US? I doubt they will succeed
Moreover with a group name like that? U-Kiss, Americans won't buy that.
Good luck to them anyways.

#8 xxiicorina

xxiicorina

Let's Jump High Together ٩(≧◡≦)�

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:24 PM

Hmm, thats a bit sudden for me o_o;
Well I'm happy for them, Wish them the best of luck!

#9 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:16 PM

BoA didn't "fail," at least not yet, and hopefully won't.

BoA is still in the process of breakthing through.

BoA in America is considered a fail once she stopps releasing albums there.

Hollywood movie for 2011 and rumoured USA album for Summer 2011.

Hmmk later thanks bye ~

Oh and good luck to U-KISS (>_>) ~

#10 miwako

miwako

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

Are Kpop artists not happy singing in Korea or something 0_o I don't even want to imagine the problems that this group is going to go through, but I can think of a few from the top of my head already.

they probably aren't happy singing in Korea because korean artists make no money. lol

But...really -__- U-kiss in the US. yeah....no. Do korean people not know that girl/boy groups are not as popular in the US as they used to be? In all honesty I don't even really consider them to be all that talented and do you know how many times I've heard people bag on their appearance and call them "gay" or "girly"? Even if they try to change their image I don't think that Americans will accept them. It will take them a lot of time and some SERIOUS dedication...

#11 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:55 AM

I see this going horribly wrong, Americans don't want boy bands, and to be honest they'll be judged on there appearance and they don't come off as straight from that.. O.o

#12 CitrusFan2012

CitrusFan2012

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

Unlike all haters out there, I truly have faith in U-Kiss debuting in the United States. I shall wait for their American debut album to come out real soon

#13 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:29 AM

Unlike all haters out there, I truly have faith in U-Kiss debuting in the United States. I shall wait for their American debut album to come out real soon

Are they even signed under a major American label? If they aren't then they have no shot in the USA.

Edited by Mashimaro-san, 23 June 2012 - 04:29 AM.

#14 milestone✧

milestone✧

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:49 AM

Well even it's old, they won't debut in USA.
They have already debuted in Japan and doing there great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users