18 replies to this topic

#16 Min.

Min.

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:59 AM

It's good to see people want to learn Korean. :)

#17 bluewish

bluewish

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

no, I'm not japanese, but I started to study Japanese about 5 years ago, studied abroad and thus, speak it almost fluently which helps a lot ^^ I can't really tell if it's easier to learn korean without knowing japanese and vice versa. but a friend of mine started with korean first, and several semesters later with japanese. for her it's the other way round. korean is easy for her, japanese doesn't make sense to her. I guess that's the problem for me too. I start to compare both languages and try to find similarities. as I'm not a native speaker it might make it more difficult than it'd be for someone whose native language is korean o__o dunno, but I was wondering about it ^^;

oh, it's the same thing with you >.< I only remember stuff alike to japanese or words I like lol stupid...if vocabulary just wasn't necessary to learn a language...xD'''

Ah, I'm envious >_> Someday I'll learn Japanese too!!! TTTTTTTTTTT My Japanese is very very very basic hahaha XD T.T I think it's because...she learned Korean first. Haha. I learned Korean first too (Well...I studied Japanese first but took Korean first seriously hahahaha -___-;;)

I start to compare both languages and try to find similarities. Me too ;;;; I guess we try to make it easier this way haha

lol like numbers, I totally don't like learning them and until now I have problems with it. Example, I need to use the number 7, I have to count from 1 in my head for me to remember what 7 is XDD

if vocabulary just wasn't necessary to learn a language... HAHAHAHAHAHA XDDD

It's good to see people want to learn Korean. :)

Join us? Haha

#18 Seri

Seri

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:04 AM

Ah, I'm envious >_> Someday I'll learn Japanese too!!! TTTTTTTTTTT My Japanese is very very very basic hahaha XD T.T I think it's because...she learned Korean first. Haha. I learned Korean first too (Well...I studied Japanese first but took Korean first seriously hahahaha -___-;;)

I start to compare both languages and try to find similarities. Me too ;;;; I guess we try to make it easier this way haha

lol like numbers, I totally don't like learning them and until now I have problems with it. Example, I need to use the number 7, I have to count from 1 in my head for me to remember what 7 is XDD

if vocabulary just wasn't necessary to learn a language... HAHAHAHAHAHA XDDD

WOAH!! NUMBERSSSSS!!! I hate them too xD why the heck does this language need two counting systems while others are satsfied with one??? lol it's so not fair ;___; sino korean is alright (since they are alike to chinese) but the pure korean numbers are killing me xD'' buh, I'll just never count or tell somebody the time lol but I really found it super strange to use pure numbers for the hrs and for the rest sino numbers o.O it literally makes my had going BOOM!! I'm really not good with numbers, hence why I'm good at languages and NOT at math >__________< ;__;

#19 koreanboba

koreanboba

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• BoAjjang Subtitles
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:11 PM

Korean and Japanese share about 75% of the same grammar. I wouldnt be surprised if the number was actually higher. For a person who speaks Korean, they can easily go into another east asian langauge easy, but not the other way around. This is mainly due to linguistic history. Japanese is far easier than Korean. Moreover, Japanese seems simple as a foreign language relative to other popular ones out there. The main difficulty are the exceptions to kanji readings, "colorful language," and historical usage of Japanese vs present day. Japanese language changes so much that reading something from a few decades ago is a little challenging for today's generation

Here's a big tip for you guys learning. Don't compare a language with another language because you're digging yourself a hole. The minute you do this, you've created the biggest obstacle for yourself moving into fluency.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users