#1 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:50 AM

POPULAR

It really baffles me that Islam gets so much hate in the West and Asia, amongst Christians especially.

I am a Catholic, I go to church every Sunday because I believe in God. However, I question the Vatican very often. It is not that I hate or dislike the Vatican, it is for the mere fact that it is run by human beings who are imperfect and are bound to make grave mistakes. So it is perfectly normal in my eyes to be cautious and question the Vatican often rather than blindly follow and agree with all its actions and beliefs. The Vatican is not run by God, because if it is, then things such as the Inquisition would have never happened in the first place. It is not perfect thus it is normal to question it, because if you look at history it has done things that are questionable.

I view Islam and Judaism the same way. I strongly believe that all religions in the world promote peace and love, but it's followers and leaders might have done questionable things.

Islam gets so much hate, especially amongst Christians. Especially the way it is represented in the media, it gives it a bad name. Islam promotes peace and love, very much the same as every other religion.

As a Catholic if I looked at it logically the Qu'ran would seem more "authentic" than the Bible. The Bible has been edited way too many times, it is like reading a Harry Potter book that has been revised over a course of hundreds of years - some of its contents have been mistranslated, taken out, added new contents, etc. The Nicea Council of 325 AD decided that there shall only be 4 Gospels in the Bible (John, Luke, Matthew and Mark) and left out 30+ other works and designated them as Gnostic Gospels. It is true that some of these works were quite questionable in nature (i.e. The Gospel of Eve promoted the use of semen and urine as ceremonial fluids, naked and sexual rituals, etc.), though some of them weren't all that bad (i.e. The Gospel of Mary Magdalene says that the Messiah is within us and it is up to us to find it and basically it is up to us to save ourselves. The belief in the self. It viewed Jesus as a man, not a son of God, which it contradicted. The aspect of Messiah as something that is within us, that everyone can save each one of us, contradicted the idea that a single person, the Messiah, will come and save everyone.)

From what I heard the Qu'ran hasn't been tampered with too much, compared to the Bible. I also heard that the Qu'ran itself seems more logical and less contradicting than the Bible. I believe that Islam itself is an amazing religion, and I believe that it just gets a bad reputation from all the extremists and those who misinterpret the Qu'ran, much like the many Christians who misinterpret the Bible and take it too litterally.

In the Qu'ran it even acknowledges Jesus as a Prophet, as a good person. In Christianity we view Jesus as the Son of God. In Islam, although it states Jesus as a prophet not the Messiah, the fact that the Qu'ran views Jesus as a good person alone should be something we Christians should at least we should take into consideration on how we view Islam.

I believe that Islam and Christianity are both religions that promote peace and love, and I want more Christians to think that way rather than bluntly call it "evil."

You'd be amazed at the results you'd get in Yahoo Answers with a quick search of "Why Christians Hate Islam?" Some of these Christians believe that Islam promotes killing and violence! Where's their bases? Have they even read the Qu'ran?

To us Christians, it would be like if a Christian raped an Islamic girl and because of that followers of Islam will think that Christianity promotes rape because a Christian did it, even though in the Bible it doesn't.

My point is, I think Christians and followers of Islam (I am not sure if I Muslim is the proper term, I do not want to offend anyone) should try to understand each other instead of bluntly hating each other.

Edited by Mashimaro-san, 25 January 2011 - 03:58 AM.

#2 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,753 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:51 AM

This question also baffles a lot. I don't know why the Jews and and Islams are hated...

#3 Moon&Sunrise

Moon&Sunrise

Love&Honesty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:23 AM

I Don't know.This being the reason I choose not to follow any religion.All it does it cause conflict and breed hate between people of different religions. EVERY religion is looked down on in some way from the eyes of people with different faiths, and thats how it's been since I can remember. Catholics also had a point where they were frowned upon by others as much as muslims are now. Though with the events of the last couple years, Even if it is over now, it's not COMPLETLEY unreasonable that people would jump the gun and assume such things.Especially when many people are fiercely "loyal" to their faith and would not even take the scriptures of other religions into any kind of consideration, like you have.

Edited by Moon&Sunrise, 25 January 2011 - 07:24 AM.

#4 fararibmw

fararibmw

My BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:24 AM

i certainly think most people generalise (no idea how to spell) muslims to be terrorists/extremists and such. but the truth is , only a very very very small portion of muslims are that kind of people and since the west are usually the one targeted by them. the hate seems to grow.

not to mention tons of movies with main villians who are muslims and having the motto of killing the westerners and what not.

no offence but its not like all christians are saints either so i don't see the point in hating a religion because of a insignificant few.

#5 hiten

hiten

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:49 AM

According to Islam, I BELIEVE:"

The Bible is a sacred book, but it was changed, the Torah.
There is the Qur'an God has made unforgeable.
We have only one version of the Qu'ran not 2 not 3 ... over 1400ans!, not a word changed!
You can write "Miracle of the Qur'an" on Google or Yahoo, it's very interesting.

The big difference from the Bible and Islam, there is only one God.
I found: (Allah IS God) Surah 114: (http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/)

Say: He Is Allah, the One! (1) Allah, the eternally besought of all The! (2) He WAS begetteth not nor begotten. (3) And There Is none comparable unto Him. (4)

Me, I live in France, most Muslims are Algerian, Moroccan or Tunisian, they often mix their traditions in Islam.
There are things the opposite of Islam.
This gives a bad image of Islam.

Islam understand others. When you go into a mosque, you will be listened to and well received."

I belive...

I will be glad to talk about this with you. :D

Edited by hiten, 25 January 2011 - 07:49 AM.

#6 InuBoA_Kwon

InuBoA_Kwon

BoA's First Snow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:50 AM

Hmmm,, it's really different w/ my country...
I'm Moslem...
Moslems and Christians don't hate each other here...
We always help each other...
Doing activity together...
Just like ordinary citizen...
No :bash: ,, :ban: ,, :censored: ,, :excl: or anyhting here...

As I know,, there are 2 types of Moslem...

• Fanatic Moslem,, who like to attack everyone and saying that all people are enemies... They're who called as Terrorist...
  • Ordinary Moslem,, just like me... I don't like to be a troublemaker... Cz I think that we live to help each other,, to keep God's gifts to be used in a true way...

So,, I guess the moslem you talked about is the 1st type..
Well,, I also hate them... :glare:
They're fake...
Not a real moslem...

Edited by InuBoA_Kwon, 25 January 2011 - 07:51 AM.

#7 hiten

hiten

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:00 AM

Hmmm,, it's really different w/ my country...
I'm Moslem...
Moslems and Christians don't hate each other here...
We always help each other...
Doing activity together...
Just like ordinary citizen...
No :bash: ,, :ban: ,, :censored: ,, :excl: or anyhting here...

As I know,, there are 2 types of Moslem...

• Fanatic Moslem,, who like to attack everyone and saying that all people are enemies... They're who called as Terrorist...
  • Ordinary Moslem,, just like me... I don't like to be a troublemaker... Cz I think that we live to help each other,, to keep God's gifts to be used in a true way...

So,, I guess the moslem you talked about is the 1st type..
Well,, I also hate them... :glare:
They're fake...
Not a real moslem...

Totally agree!

All the Muslims I know are like Inuboa Kwon. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by hiten, 25 January 2011 - 08:00 AM.

#8 InuBoA_Kwon

InuBoA_Kwon

BoA's First Snow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:02 AM

I don't understand French... :P
What did you say??? :)

Waw,, thanks...
I just told the truly Moslem...
Cz I'm also bugged w/ those fake moslems and I won't people have a [-] thinking about religions...

Edited by InuBoA_Kwon, 25 January 2011 - 08:05 AM.

#9 hiten

hiten

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:04 AM

i speak in English?
When?

Me too.
Because religion gives us much good.

Edited by hiten, 25 January 2011 - 08:11 AM.

#10 InuBoA_Kwon

InuBoA_Kwon

BoA's First Snow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:14 AM

Ya...
And it gives us the true way and saves us from the darkness...
W/o it,, we'll never be able to compare what's the a good and bad thing... :lol:

#11 hiten

hiten

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:16 AM

Religious, when I see them are carefree. Happy. :lol:

#12 InuBoA_Kwon

InuBoA_Kwon

BoA's First Snow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:19 AM

I guess it's clear now... :)
Who want to close it??? :lol:

#13 hiten

hiten

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:21 AM

No close.

Let mashimoro-san answer.

#14 InuBoA_Kwon

InuBoA_Kwon

BoA's First Snow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:29 AM

Okay,, we've to wait for him... :lol:

#15 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:31 AM

I have Muslim friends too who practice Islam, they are very nice, smart and devout people!

I believe that there needs to be more good, peaceful and just representations of Muslims in Western and Asian media.

It really bothers me how some can be so arrogant and hate an entire religion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users