#31 hiten

hiten

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:40 AM

POPULAR

Very good answer mashimoro-san, and Inuboa kwon. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If someone want o read Qur'an online:
(http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/)

Edited by hiten, 07 February 2011 - 12:42 AM.

#32 InuBoA_Kwon

InuBoA_Kwon

BoA's First Snow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:31 AM

Waw,, thanks for the link,, hiten... :D

#33 Spring Sakura

Spring Sakura

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:39 AM

Thanks Hiten! I've actually always wanted to read the Qur'an.

Speaking of Islam being portrayed as "bad" in the West, I just read an Australian article which is a prime example of discrimination against Islamic culture (specifically Muslim) here. I commented but I doubt my comment will show up (damn censoring media).

It's absolutely disgusting how many bigots there are in this world. I think one of the biggest reasons for the discrimination against Islamic people is simply that all politicians need an 'enemy', something to scare people into obedience. Since 9/11, it has been Islam. And frankly, 90% of people in the world wont go out and actively find out what these so-called 'enemies' are like.

I watched a terrifying interview where some woman said she thought muslim women were 'scary' because she couldn't see their faces. I wanted to throttle her! Has she ever spoken to these women?

I live in a predominantly Muslim community and I love the people here. They're polite, warm, friendly and they make mean kebabs! If you ask me who's to blame for all this discrimination I'd point a big fat finger at the Bush Administration. They took an isolated group and deliberately generalized it to a whole nation, then a whole religion. They KNOW people are going to accept everything on face value and manipulated it into a way for them to wage war on imaginary nuclear weapons. This is getting a little OT, but basically, in my opinion, the reason why Islam is portrayed so horribly in the West is because the 99% of the rich and powerful of the West need an enemy. Because the Average Joe knows so little about Islam, then Islam is the best choice.

The rational me knows that only time and education can fix this issue, but the less rational me thinks we should invent some sort of brain scanning device that detects bigotry. Then, we should gather all those people in a room and either A) brainwash them into being decent human beings, or B ) ...kill them.

I'm a little fired up right now, so I'm leaning towards B. -_-

lol, so that's my two cents.

Edited by Spring Sakura, 09 February 2011 - 07:40 AM.

#34 Airforce

Airforce

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:12 AM

Thanks Hiten! I've actually always wanted to read the Qur'an.

Speaking of Islam being portrayed as "bad" in the West, I just read an Australian article which is a prime example of discrimination against Islamic culture (specifically Muslim) here. I commented but I doubt my comment will show up (damn censoring media).

It's absolutely disgusting how many bigots there are in this world. I think one of the biggest reasons for the discrimination against Islamic people is simply that all politicians need an 'enemy', something to scare people into obedience. Since 9/11, it has been Islam. And frankly, 90% of people in the world wont go out and actively find out what these so-called 'enemies' are like.

I watched a terrifying interview where some woman said she thought muslim women were 'scary' because she couldn't see their faces. I wanted to throttle her! Has she ever spoken to these women?

I live in a predominantly Muslim community and I love the people here. They're polite, warm, friendly and they make mean kebabs! If you ask me who's to blame for all this discrimination I'd point a big fat finger at the Bush Administration. They took an isolated group and deliberately generalized it to a whole nation, then a whole religion. They KNOW people are going to accept everything on face value and manipulated it into a way for them to wage war on imaginary nuclear weapons. This is getting a little OT, but basically, in my opinion, the reason why Islam is portrayed so horribly in the West is because the 99% of the rich and powerful of the West need an enemy. Because the Average Joe knows so little about Islam, then Islam is the best choice.

The rational me knows that only time and education can fix this issue, but the less rational me thinks we should invent some sort of brain scanning device that detects bigotry. Then, we should gather all those people in a room and either A) brainwash them into being decent human beings, or B ) ...kill them.

I'm a little fired up right now, so I'm leaning towards B. -_-

lol, so that's my two cents.

yeah I've got a few friends who live in Bankstown too :)

#35 pavle

pavle

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:43 PM

The reason I believe Christians don't like Jews or Muslims is because the Jews are smarter than them and the Muslims are more powerful than them. Or self perceived to be like this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users