32 replies to this topic

#1 NikuZ

NikuZ

Forever Jumping in the Stars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:39 PM

I Don't Understand why i have -2 in REPUTATION ... 2 Days ago i was with 0 .. and now -2 ... Why? What Happen? How Works this?

#2 Yabisi

Yabisi

Robot BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:02 PM

I think it's supposed to show people how well of a member you are through your posts. I would ignore them cause there have been people giving others negative karma points probably cause they just don't like that person. I've seen good informative posts that have negative points. I think the system should be like Koreaboo's where people can only give positive karma...or just don't have a karma system at all.

I haven't posted here in a long time, and when I logged in I had -2 points, so for some reason some person decided to sift through my old posts just to give me neg. points. Ain't that some funny ish.

If you think your karma is bad, look at Uni's profile lol. Pretty sure someone is doing that to her just cause they don't like her.

But like I said...just ignore it cause it's a poor representation of how good a member is.

#3 NikuZ

NikuZ

• Members
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:03 PM

Thank u so much for ur Answer :D

#4 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:11 PM

Perhaps we should put this in the rules because I have a feeling I am repeating myself.
Reputation deals with people (members and staff) rating your posts. There is a "+" and "-" just below everyones signature on the right side.
Posted Image
This allows members to "rate" your post. If the agree with it they will press "+" and it will give you 1 reputation.
Posted Image
Posted Image
If they press the "-", you lose a reputation.
Posted Image
Posted Image
You will NOT be banned if you have -1000000000000 rep, nor will you get a prize if you have +1000000000000 rep.
So if you're -2 rep, two people (or someone with two different posts) gave your post a "-". Pretty much, it is another tool to use as a "game" or to use like a "bragging" system like post count.
"Look, I have +20 rep! =D!!!"

#5 NikuZ

NikuZ

• Members
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

I See. Thankz Cori for ur Help!

#6 O'Chibi

O'Chibi

BoA's punching bag

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:39 PM

From what I know, the total rep points displayed on a member profile is just there to please the ego.
Having +9000 doesn't mean anything since anyone can give you minuses without any valid reason.
So it's not something that reflects the "quality" (dunno how to say that but you guys get the idea) of a member.

This feature should be used to thumb down lame posts in a thread since a message will be "hidden" when it reaches a certain threshold of minuses.
But you guys know it, there will always be some trolls out there who just give minuses for "fun".
And as seen on other forums, the famous fan war will also be a great source of abuses <_<

In a nutshell, just don't pay too much attention to it ;)

#7 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:35 PM

LOL I have like -6, don't worry. I guess someone really doesn't like me...? But I went through my posts and couldn't even find a single post with -1 x_x Oh well.

But aww Uni! She had -4 last time I checked lolol.

I dunno why so many people get -1 though. I find Boajjang relatively peaceful... not like Allkpop @[email protected] Back when they had the -1 option available, some people got like -30s haha.

#8 hiten

hiten

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:33 AM

What is funny is that "+" we do not do often, but "-" we very often. :lol:
Please don't give me a "-" for this.>_<

Edited by hiten, 27 January 2011 - 01:34 AM.

#9 InuBoA_Kwon

InuBoA_Kwon

BoA's First Snow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:42 AM

If someone gives us "-" due to they hate us,, I guess it's childish.. <_<
Why don't they solve the problem w/ a good way???
BoAjjang isn't a place for :bash: ....
It's a home where we can share everything about BoA...
So,, I guess if there's someone who give us "-" due to he/she hates us,, they should be given warn... :P

#10 LuV2U

LuV2U

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:48 AM

If someone gives us "-" due to they hate us,, I guess it's childish.. <_<
Why don't they solve the problem w/ a good way???
BoAjjang isn't a place for :bash: ....
It's a home where we can share everything about BoA...
So,, I guess if there's someone who give us "-" due to he/she hates us,, they should be given warn... :P

well...i guess it would be kind of hard for the staff (since they're the one who can warn/ban/kicks out members:D) to determine the one's who gave "-"s originated from hatred, and even let's say, the "+/-" thingy recorded every single member who clicked it, you're not expecting them to go to every single one of them to see who's doing it because it's their honest opinion or just pure hatred right ? i might as well remove that damn button and make my life easier as a staff~

i guess it's not something to worry or even ...(sorry for saying this) care about? the way i see it it's like FB's "like/dislike" thumb system.
they like ur post they give you a "+", they don't like ur post they give you a "-", they're a troll who got nothing else to do and decide to be captain universe by making every post they sees a douche, they'd gives you "-" also~

i agree with what cory said. is all about bragging rights :P

#11 Uni

Uni

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru 's Enforcer >D

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:35 PM

If you think your karma is bad, look at Uni's profile lol. Pretty sure someone is doing that to her just cause they don't like her.

lmao, I don't regularly check my own profile, but that's pretty awesome. Thanks for pointing that out, ha ha. I can have -1000 and I still wouldn't care. Don't be bothered by numbers on your profile, they don't mean anything.

Honestly, we don't really use the reputation thing here, and I feel like it's a pretty useless option heh heh.

#12 InuBoA_Kwon

InuBoA_Kwon

BoA's First Snow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:40 AM

well...i guess it would be kind of hard for the staff (since they're the one who can warn/ban/kicks out members:D) to determine the one's who gave "-"s originated from hatred, and even let's say, the "+/-" thingy recorded every single member who clicked it, you're not expecting them to go to every single one of them to see who's doing it because it's their honest opinion or just pure hatred right ? i might as well remove that damn button and make my life easier as a staff~

i guess it's not something to worry or even ...(sorry for saying this) care about? the way i see it it's like FB's "like/dislike" thumb system.
they like ur post they give you a "+", they don't like ur post they give you a "-", they're a troll who got nothing else to do and decide to be captain universe by making every post they sees a douche, they'd gives you "-" also~

i agree with what cory said. is all about bragging rights :P

But I'm still thinking that it's funfair unfair that someone's given "-" due to personal problem... :)
Except,, if he/she is doing a bad thing here... :lol:

Edited by InuBoA_Kwon, 28 January 2011 - 02:41 AM.

#13 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:01 PM

I never noticed my "reputation" until I read another thread asking about the [+] [-] button and I found out I had -3
OMG!! They broke my heart. People hate me! I did horrible things! I am a bad person! I will cry all night tonight ! :( :( :(

:lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding!

Like all of you said in here, I wouldn't care about that "reputation" either. BJJ are my friends, like my family, they know some member for who they are, not for the number on their profile :)

#14 InuBoA_Kwon

InuBoA_Kwon

BoA's First Snow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:12 AM

I'm still have a Q...
Will it be OK if one day we've -nnnnnn??? :unsure:
Will we be kicked out??? :huh:

#15 Uni

Uni

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru 's Enforcer >D

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:27 AM

I'm still have a Q...
Will it be OK if one day we've -nnnnnn??? :unsure:
Will we be kicked out??? :huh:

No, they don't mean a thing. Reputations are originally suppose to be used to recognize a member of a forum on how helpful they are. But obviously, someone is just going on a negative spree. Don't worry about the number you have, doesn't mean a thing. Otherwise I'd be the first one out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users