1118 replies to this topic

#31 ~+-+Vanora+-+~

~+-+Vanora+-+~

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:54 AM

Hello everyone! I am new to BoAjjang forums and this is my first post.

I wanted to let you all know that I am a huge Derek Hough fan and have been so for the past three years. He has many incredibly loyal fans and like all of you, we are all very excited to see his (and BoA's) movie debut in Cobu 3D.

I wanted to offer myself as a source of information about Derek Hough. I read through some of the closed threads for Cobu 3D and noticed that a lot of BoA fans have no clue about him other than he is a professional dancer on Dancing with the Stars. Some comments were not very nice, too. So that's why I wanted to join the forum to give anyone who is interested the correct info about him. He is extremely talented in many other areas other than dance and he is more than capable to star in a movie and keep up with BoA in this movie!

Ever since the announcement for the movie was made, I started doing research on BoA (which has led me to these forums). I think she is amazing and love her hip-hop dancing. I truly think they will be dynamite together on screen.

I've been given the 'blessing' to start a thread on Derek in the Lounge by an administrator. So I'll try to create a nice intro post to the thread. I'll also be trying to catch up and learn about BoA through all the different areas of the forum. :)

Thank you for welcoming me here!

Welcome welcome~~~ To be frank, I had never heard of Derek Hough before until news of COBU 3D got out. It will be great for you to share your knowledge here. It's great to see both fandoms getting excited. BoA fans are hoping that this will finally help BoA break into the U.S. market. ^0^

#32 saoji

saoji

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:50 AM

I'm french so I never heard about Derek too. He seems really nice and good dancer. Hope they'll be a great hot couple together!!! ;p

I can't wait to see BoA on the big screen in my place : D
(With tap and taiko ^^ )

Edited by saoji, 11 February 2011 - 04:58 AM.

#33 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:46 AM

Hello everyone! I am new to BoAjjang forums and this is my first post.

I wanted to let you all know that I am a huge Derek Hough fan and have been so for the past three years. He has many incredibly loyal fans and like all of you, we are all very excited to see his (and BoA's) movie debut in Cobu 3D.

I wanted to offer myself as a source of information about Derek Hough. I read through some of the closed threads for Cobu 3D and noticed that a lot of BoA fans have no clue about him other than he is a professional dancer on Dancing with the Stars. Some comments were not very nice, too. So that's why I wanted to join the forum to give anyone who is interested the correct info about him. He is extremely talented in many other areas other than dance and he is more than capable to star in a movie and keep up with BoA in this movie!

Ever since the announcement for the movie was made, I started doing research on BoA (which has led me to these forums). I think she is amazing and love her hip-hop dancing. I truly think they will be dynamite together on screen.

I've been given the 'blessing' to start a thread on Derek in the Lounge by an administrator. So I'll try to create a nice intro post to the thread. I'll also be trying to catch up and learn about BoA through all the different areas of the forum. :)

Thank you for welcoming me here!

Welcome to the forums!

I agree, there are very many members here that don't know much about the star. I have followed him on DWTS for a while and he became one of my favorites because of how playful he is, but he is very demanding when it comes to dancing (which is something needed when dancing pairs). I don't know if you guys know this but Derek actually attended the Korean concert held at the Staples Center in LA (SMTown Live) in September. BoA and a number of people from her company were performing. Me and some BoAjjang staff went and got the pleasure of watching BoA live. However while me and another staff member were looking for her sister outside of the Staple Center, I spotted Derek and did a little "freak out" xD! He was chatting non-nonchalantly with a gentleman at the VIP entrance. I didn't go talk to him because I was on a mission with Uni, however it made me wonder why he was there. Then this information came out...he must have been checking out his soon to be partner's dance moves.

I hope you like the forums and if you need anything feel free to ask!

#34 Elmari

Elmari

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:45 AM

Thank you so much for all the great welcome messages! I figured that you guys are on top of all things BoA and I'll be on top on all things Derek. . . so we're bound to find out more tidbits about the movie through our sources. That's another reason why I was searching for BoA forums. To see if you guys had more information about the movie even though it's in pre-production stages.

^^Re: Staples Center Concert. . . That's also when some of us put 2 and 2 together about this movie. I was pretty clueless until a few weeks before the announcement of the movie! LOL! But some fans have known for months and months. I'm a bad detective. LOL!

I would also rule out (for now) Brian Fortuna. There were rumors about him being cast in the movie, but it now sounds like he was auditioning for stuff for London's West End productions recently.

I'm french so I never heard about Derek too. He seems really nice and good dancer. Hope they'll be a great hot couple together!!! ;p

I can't wait to see BoA on the big screen in my place : D
(With tap and taiko ^^ )

I just got one of those 3D HD TVs for Xmas. . . Sooooo, I'll be waiting somewhat impatiently for the 3D blu-ray to come out!

Haha! The movie hasn't even been filmed yet and yet we're planning far far ahead. :D

Edited by Elmari, 11 February 2011 - 10:49 AM.

#35 Uni

Uni

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru 's Enforcer >D

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:54 AM

No, as Arden Cho was JYJ's mc when they held the concert in America last year, they knew each other. Arden cho sometimes tweet Hero too! I'm sure that Junsu wasn't playing BoA's brother!

I know she was. I was just playing around.

#36 hanjin

hanjin

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:40 AM

Waw,, really???
Is it hard to play??? :)
Even I've never played it whereas I'm Japanese... :D

I just played it for fun with Japanese people's guidance, i wasn't planning to learn it officially or something. It was hard but fun ^^

#37 InuBoA_Kwon

InuBoA_Kwon

BoA's First Snow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:24 AM

So lucky you're could play Japanese drum though it's just for fun... :o
I couldn't find even know it since I was in US... :(

#38 saoji

saoji

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:25 AM

Cobu performance:
Posted Image

I can totally picture BoA in this crew !! :thumbsup:
Hope she'll get that kind of style.

#39 JustinPerky

JustinPerky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:26 AM

^ She would be totally kicking arse with this new style of dance! :ph34r:

#40 InuBoA_Kwon

InuBoA_Kwon

BoA's First Snow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:01 AM

Cobu performance:

I can totally picture BoA in this crew !! :thumbsup:
Hope she'll get that kind of style.

Ow,, it's played by more than 1 person???
That means she should learn it while doing compactness rehearsal w/ other players... :huh:

#41 JustinPerky

JustinPerky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:03 AM

^Dance movies normally involve crews..except for Black Swan..since it's ballad not hip-hop or any other style.

#42 bluewish

bluewish

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:15 AM

Hi guys (:

Sorry if this "info" has already been posted, I swear I read through all 3 pages in this thread -___-;;

Napoleon and Tabitha are working with director Duane Adler for COBU 3D.

For those who don't know, Napoleon and Tabitha (Nappytabs)are husband & wife choreographers. They have been choreographing for ABDC (America's Best Dance Crew) and SYTYCD (So You Think You Can Dance). They're known for their hip hop (lyrical hip hop)routines. Napoleon and Tabitha have worked with loads of artists (Celine Dion, Jennifer Lopez, Destiny's Child, Sean Kingston, Cirque Du Soleil, Jabbawockeez, Christina Aguilera, Ricky Martin etc.) ans shows, for various performances and tours, as choreographers and/(artistic /)directors. (They are also dance teachers haha.) For more information, please google lol.

They're most probably choreographing for the movie..or maybe assisting in the creative direction of the film? Anyway XD They are working on COBU! (:

I'm so happy to hear this lol, because Napoleon and Tabitha have done awesome routines..one of my favourite performances on SYTYCD was choreographed by them.
('Bleeding Love', Season 4

Emmy nominated for Outstanding Choreography(2009))

((I like this one too ^^----

))

I love their choreographies!! Napoleon & Tabitha + BoA = !!!!

Hahahaha, forgive the spazzing, just really :DD now haha

PS. Derek has been nominated for an Emmy too, same year, same category; together with his sister for their choreography in DWTS. ^^
PPS. Tessandra Chavez (if you've forgotten lol, she choreographed Hurricane Venus) has worked on SYTYCD too (:

I'm excited to see how this film turns out. The fusion of the dances..the culture...how the cast members would interact with each other.

I hope this film gives BoA and Derek that 'extra push' in their careers. For BoA to breakthrough in the US market, and Derek's new step in his career. Both in their movie debut.

and Hi Elmari! Hope you enjoy here in BoAjjang. It's nice to 'hear' from Derek fans haha~ It's wonderful -- us knowing about that other side, and you guys knowing about this side (Sorry for my choice of words ;;;)~ (:

one more year of waiting haha XD

Edited by bluewish, 24 February 2011 - 09:35 AM.

#43 JustinPerky

JustinPerky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:56 PM

^ Thanks for sharing those videos, bluewish! :D Can't imgaine how epic would the choreo be since all the freaking amazing people are working together on this film! Anyways, welcome back, bluewish! Haven't see you for quite some time haha

#44 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:16 PM

Does this mean SM Entertainment will get their act together and finally have BoA on SYTYCD for a movie promotions perhaps?

Sorry I hold a huge grudge on SM after the disaster that was the US debut.

Wonder Girls beat BoA on the USA, Wonder Girls, out of all people. That's BS.

SM couldn't even let BoA be on American TV shows, let alone SYTYCD, honestly they better pull out everything SM's got for this movie.

Edited by Mashimaro-san, 24 February 2011 - 04:17 PM.

#45 Elmari

Elmari

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:23 PM

Thanks bluewish. :) I am super excited that NappyTabs are the choreographers for the movie too!

I'm really curious about who is going to round out the cast. Have you guys heard of anything more? Well, I guess you'd guys post it if there were any more news/rumors. LOL! I wish there was more info about the movie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users