1118 replies to this topic

#1081 Elmari

Elmari

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

Hi everyone~ Sorry it has been a while since I posted. But yes please give some feedback on this potential new title. We have an inside source that we can share the feedback with. Honestly, for me it's very generic and has nothing to do with the movie (that we know of). The catch phrase 'make your move' makes me think of chess or tennis... or a game of wits. LOL! However, like Duane said the change is for marketing reasons. It will be easier for them to market MYM rather than Cobu because people don't know what Cobu is or what it means. I think we all just have a sentimental attachment to Cobu because it's the first movie for BoA and Derek.

Well, anyways, would love to hear your thoughts!

#1082 sungyoung

sungyoung

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

I wouldn't say those dates are really reliable though, since anyone can edit and add unconfirmed info to IMDB.
I'm still only trusting the latest update from Duane Adler saying it'll be late summer release in the US

Yep and I think that he (?) said that official dates haven't been finalised.

#1083 sungyoung

sungyoung

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Hi everyone~ Sorry it has been a while since I posted. But yes please give some feedback on this potential new title. We have an inside source that we can share the feedback with. Honestly, for me it's very generic and has nothing to do with the movie (that we know of). The catch phrase 'make your move' makes me think of chess or tennis... or a game of wits. LOL! However, like Duane said the change is for marketing reasons. It will be easier for them to market MYM rather than Cobu because people don't know what Cobu is or what it means. I think we all just have a sentimental attachment to Cobu because it's the first movie for BoA and Derek.

Well, anyways, would love to hear your thoughts!

Now that you've mentioned it, the title doesn't seem suited to the dance/performance feel of the movie but would suit a chess or tennis one, like you said~ I don't really like having 3D in a title, so I think it's good that's been taken out.

#1084 atkyumi

atkyumi

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Make Your Move feels more like the phrase that goes below the actual film title on a promotional poster...
Though it feels more like a dance film title than Cobu, I agree that its still like a sport themed or game of wits film title.

#1085 ~+-+Vanora+-+~

~+-+Vanora+-+~

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

Make Your Move...sounds to me like a promotional tagline than a movie title. Like others have said, it sounds like a movie about chess (boring to the general market) or a movie about battle of wits (I blame this on Death Note).

In other words, I don't see how people will link it to a dance movie. =/

#1086 Masahide

Masahide

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

Make your Move, its like general / normal title *-* no something special!

#1087 celbel

celbel

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

I like the New York Nights thing better than Make Your Move. Even thought that didn't set it apart as a clear dance movie either. I agree, Make Your Move sounds more like a tag line than the movie name... but I guess at the end of the day it will depend on how it's marketed.

#1088 monay23

monay23

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

"Make Your Move" doesn't really sound like a boring game of chess to me. It sounds enticing, almost seductive. Given the content of the film, I imagine "Make Your Move" as a dance-off, but I'd like to add that it sounds a bit menacing, reminding me of a Cowboy Showdown. I definitely like it much better than Cobu 3D. I mean, who would have thought that "Step Up" would turn out to be an appealing movie title?

In other words, I don't see how people will link it to a dance movie. =/

That's what promotion is for. A lot of movie titles sound absurd and ridiculous on paper, but, as long as the studios promote the movie and people find the trailer/subject matter interesting, the title hardly matters.

Edited by monay23, 30 January 2013 - 06:09 PM.

#1089 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

Make Your Move sounds very much like dancing...dancing is MOVEment. :)

#1090 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:13 AM

Make Your Move is totally related to the movie which is about Dancing and Love. Make your move can be related to love as well. So it sells the story quite effectively. I will totally understand the reason why they choose the title

#1091 sungyoung

sungyoung

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

I can't wait till official promotions begiiiiiiiiiin :3 Honestly, I'm just glad they took 3D out of the title haha :)

#1092 Elmari

Elmari

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

Thank you so much for all your comments! What I want most is for the movie to succeed. I think some if us who have been following this movie production since the beginning are really attached to 'Cobu'. But in the grander scheme of things a more generic title might be easier for people to remember. I just wish they could think of a more interesting title. We shall see what happens. Like I said, this title is not confirmed!

#1093 Coreax

Coreax

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

I agree Elmari, those of us who have been waiting since the beginning (very early 2011 haha) are very attached to COBU. I still call it that but I welcome Make Your Move as a title as well or whatever they want to call it. I'm just excited to see BoA on the silver screen. Soon, everyone will know her name.

#1094 Seridowen

Seridowen

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

I personally like Make Your Move as a title! The first thing it made me think of was dancing, but I also like that people can interpret it in a number of ways, sounds more intriguing (or maybe that's just me)!

I might even like it more than COBU, even if I have been following the movie since the beginning... I think Make Your Move could reach a wider audience than COBU3D.

#1095 celbel

celbel

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

You guys seen this??! From Derek's instagram/twitter:

@derekhough: Nothing like a good ole back scratch @BoAkwon

credit: https://www.pheed.com/derekhough/4391491/13615

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic