#1 korniceman3000

korniceman3000

Composer/Songwriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:49 AM

http://www.allkpop.c...billboard-chart

Big Bang appears on American Billboard’s album charts!
by GhostWriter on March 3, 2011 at 1:03 pm

The boys of Big Bang have dominated the charts in Korea, posting an all-kill on the online charts and raking in 7 billion won in sales (approximately $6.2 million USD) in just seven days since their mini-album release. Now, the boys are doing big things abroad as they’ve appeared on the Billboard charts!

Their EP, “Tonight” is currently ranked number 3 on Billboard’s World Album Chart, number 7 on the Heatseekers Album Chart, and number 29 on the Independent Album Chart. Congratulations to the boys for this accomplishment.

Posted Image

Tip: kresten
Source: World Albums Chart, Heatseekers Album Chart

#2 korniceman3000

korniceman3000

Composer/Songwriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:51 AM

http://www.allkpop.c...cial-promotions

Big Bang totals 7 billion won in sales prior to official promotions
by sarahsusiepak on March 2, 2011 at 4:18 am

The money just keeps pouring in!

Ever since they dropped their comeback mini-album, Big Bang has been all-killing and dominating the top online charts, raking in TV ratings, and even selling out their ads!

It’s been seven days since their mini-album release, and the figures are showing 7 billion won in sales (approximately $6.2 million USD), a feat that is nothing short of remarkable in the Korean music market. It’s even more astounding because the group’s official promotions haven’t even kicked off yet.

An individual familiar with the music industry said, “Big Bang has seen about 8 billion won in online sales so far, from both online and mobile; if this trend continues, they could earn as much as 30 billion.”

Additionally, YG Entertainment estimates that the total revenue made from the “Big Show” concert is between 42 to 43 billion won (approx $37 million USD).

Congratulations, boys!

Source: Star News

#3 korniceman3000

korniceman3000

Composer/Songwriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

^ Somehow, I get the feeling that the above revenues stated are greatly exaggerated much like 2NE1's follow up album revenue...

#4 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:23 PM

^never the less they did make it on Billboard's chart in AMERICA and that is saying something!

Overall I am very proud of them, however I don't think that the album is THAT amazing. I love Big Bang, don't get me wrong, but at times I think they are over-hyped. I was SO excited for their MV and when it released it was a simple "meh". Them in Vegas, them on a beach, GD in a [email protected][email protected]
I don't want to start making excuses for music because music should be like technology, it should get BETTER as we move on, not worse!

#5 korniceman3000

korniceman3000

Composer/Songwriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:54 PM

^ I definitely agree!!! The album sounded very much like every generic male idol album released in S Korea but with a little more flare and melody (though some parts sounded a bit random and cut and paste in sequence in an effort to cram every member's individual vocal segments into a song). I'm guessing the sudden surge is due to their 2 year absence and because the VIP's came out in swarms in order to showcase BB's dominance and 1up label-mates 2NE1 whom most felt had received special preference and treatment by YG. If I'm not mistaken, they were said to have sold about 112,000-115,000 copies of their mini-album so far but I suspect that's because many super fans bought several copies and not just one LOL!!!

#6 JustinPerky

JustinPerky

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:54 PM

^I agree
Their comeback was overly hyped in my opinion. The title track don't even sound like a title track. They went to Vegas for the music video and I was anticipating for a high quality one..but then...when the original version came out..it was just an OKAY MV for me. Personally, I don't think their new album is that great. Oh well, I didn't know WHY they got into the billboard but whatever.

#7 Raito7

Raito7

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:43 PM

That's an amazing accomplishment for an artist that didn't do any kind of promotion in American media.

#8 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:20 PM

Err does it really matter?

BoA hit #3 on Heatseekers Chart and #16 on Independent albums chart and no one bothered to make news about it.

BoA has also hit #1 on United World Charts plenty of times with her Japanese albums alone. That meant for that exact week BoA earned the most out of all artist in the whole entire world for album sales.

Well congratulations to them but it's not something to be gushing about (O_o)...

Double standards, I swear to God. Whenever BoA accomplishes something even greater no one give a shyt.

Big Bang's album is ranked #28 on the United World Charts, it sold 28,000 physical copies.

Edited by Mashimaro-san, 06 March 2011 - 03:32 PM.

#9 fararibmw

fararibmw

My BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:14 PM

^

haha i guessed that is mainly because BoA is expected to do well. they always call her star of asia for a reason

#10 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:42 PM

BoA hit #3 on Heatseekers Chart and #16 on Independent albums chart and no one bothered to make news about it.

That's because she had momentum, but SM did nothing with it. No, they release her US album right when she'd have to go back to Japan to do promotions. Not smart. :(

BoA has also hit #1 on United World Charts plenty of times with her Japanese albums alone. That meant for that exact week BoA earned the most out of all artist in the whole entire world for album sales.

Very true, but outside of Asia, a Japanese-language album isn't going to make headlines. If she'd released an album in English that had sold in such quantities, the international press would have been all over it.

#11 bin.kendy

bin.kendy

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:01 AM

I don't like BIG BANG in persons. Just love their music. Thats all I want to say here.

#12 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:34 AM

That's because she had momentum, but SM did nothing with it. No, they release her US album right when she'd have to go back to Japan to do promotions. Not smart. :(

Very true, but outside of Asia, a Japanese-language album isn't going to make headlines. If she'd released an album in English that had sold in such quantities, the international press would have been all over it.

Ugh this SFM, the radio promotions they did sucked and BoA was nowhere to be found on American TV. Seriously SM Entertainment, even Wonder Girls did better than BoA, WONDER GIRLS, and they only released a single. Ughh... Hell Wonder Girls did more promotion than BoA.

Yes apparently only Korean and English releases are newsworthy.

#13 megawarrior

megawarrior

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:11 AM

Ugh I'm hoping they manage BoA better the second time around. :(

#14 korniceman3000

korniceman3000

Composer/Songwriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:30 AM

Err does it really matter?

Well congratulations to them but it's not something to be gushing about (O_o)...

Double standards, I swear to God. Whenever BoA accomplishes something even greater no one give a shyt.

Big Bang's album is ranked #28 on the United World Charts, it sold 28,000 physical copies.

LOL! What do you expect? Everyone knows how YG is prone to exaggerate in their successes and gloat with over-glossed but highly misleading sales figures :lol:

#15 miwako

miwako

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:46 PM

the song was okay. But I don't know if I will buy this album...I mean to be honest it doesn't really sound unique or different. And the video was shot in a bunch of crappy locations in Vegas. (I actually know because I live here) But I will listen to their new stuff. I mean maybe the other songs on the album might change my mind but I doubt it because lately I've kind of felt "whatever" about big bang.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users