Spring Sakura

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:21 PM

POPULAR

@Spring Sakura
There are actually University professors who are UFO-fanatics/Illuminati maniacs, conspiracy theorists.

I read of a university professor, who still teaches, and he has a belief that the US government was visited by Pleiadian aliens.

There is a former NASA astronaut who says the US government does have information on extraterrestrials, he died on 2004.

There are many other people of academia who believe that pop stars today are puppets for the Illuminati, etc.

Conspiracy theorists come from all walks of life - university professors, scientists, doctors, models, singers, etc.

There is a doctor who believes the WHO is planning on a major culling of the world population.

I'd like to say myself I believe in Aliens/UFO, but in no way do I associate any of that with my academic work, it is something I just read about, for interests and discussion.

If you ever to happen to comes across with me in real life, I can talk about almost anything, art, science, history, conspiracy, politics, etc.

See, for me, I like specifics. The university professor --of what of where?
Former NASA Astronaut with what proof? How long was he with NASA? Not to say he was completely crazy but --what about his mental state of the time of such stories --whether or not he was compensated for the story, etc etc
"people of academia"...who? Specific people like...?

Also, a small number of people believing in something doesn't make it true. Likewise, neither does a large number. Truth relies on proof. Also, words like 'professors', 'doctors', 'academia' create the illusion of credibility when really, there are plenty of professsors, doctors and academia are still human beings who are equally prone to mistakes as mental illness as the next person (not to say that they are).

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not necessarily saying that they're crazy or making things up for one reason or another --but it is important to keep that possibility in mind whenever conspiracy theories or the like are being considered because crazy people do exist, and people do make mistakes. In any investigation into any 'truth' or fact, all variances must be considered. Just my two cents of course.

Edited by Spring Sakura, 28 March 2011 - 10:22 PM.

#17 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:17 PM

See, for me, I like specifics. The university professor --of what of where?
Former NASA Astronaut with what proof? How long was he with NASA? Not to say he was completely crazy but --what about his mental state of the time of such stories --whether or not he was compensated for the story, etc etc
"people of academia"...who? Specific people like...?

Also, a small number of people believing in something doesn't make it true. Likewise, neither does a large number. Truth relies on proof. Also, words like 'professors', 'doctors', 'academia' create the illusion of credibility when really, there are plenty of professsors, doctors and academia are still human beings who are equally prone to mistakes as mental illness as the next person (not to say that they are).

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not necessarily saying that they're crazy or making things up for one reason or another --but it is important to keep that possibility in mind whenever conspiracy theories or the like are being considered because crazy people do exist, and people do make mistakes. In any investigation into any 'truth' or fact, all variances must be considered. Just my two cents of course.

Obviously.

I understand your concern.

If you are wondering, I do not state any of these as facts at all.

To me these are just interesting things to discuss about.

To you it might be pointless, but so is talking about BoA in an online forum.

To be quite honest, my point is that it's just important in my opinion to hear other people's views on the world.

I read the news very often, I'm a media freak - entertainment, financial news, politics, etc.

I guess if conspiracies are not your thing then OK. I totally respect your view.

But to me I find conspiracies interesting, whether they are truth or not, whether they are by crazy people or not.

They are interesting to read about, but I assure you, I do not take any of them seriously nor do I state them as facts.

This thread is to talk about the conspiracies surrounding about Japan, it is a simple discussion.

If it doesn't interest you or if it seems inappropriate or silly to you to talk about such things then ok.

But it sounds to me that you are almost mocking me for discussing such things.

I can talk about anything, history, politics, economy, cultures, etc. To me this is just another topic that is interesting to talk about.

#18 Spring Sakura

Spring Sakura

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:44 AM

no no no! I don't mean to mock --seriously.

Personally I find the topic of conspiracy theories interesting (otherwise I wouldn't have posted), but for me, I like to delve in depth into everything and the only way to truly do that (for me) is to ask questions and to question everything. If I sound like I'm mocking...I think its because I tend to be quite provacative (not in a sexy lingerie way) when I write --probably because I like a good debate. Rarely --and I say rarely (because I do mock people sometimes and most of this board can testify to that lol) do I mock people, and it's usually very absurdly obvious when I do (I tend to get snippy and sarcastic). In this case, no, not mocking, just discussing. Because it is as you say, very interesting. It's just that I have pretty much the opposite opinion as you, and so naturally my discussion would sound pretty argumentative, but I assure you, not mocking.

#19 justforboa

justforboa

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:34 AM

LOL, how did earthquakes turn into a discussion about UFOs? Wait, so, how did harp cause this again? http://en.wikipedia....ki/Project_HARP

#20 Aarondof

Aarondof

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:51 PM

Does anyone have info on the car sales to Japan. I was gonna log into LayItLow because Im sure the info would be alot faster there however my login doesnt work ...surprising.. lol ...anybody????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users